over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cost of meat, fish and high protein sources

pickapeck

Registered
Beef, chicken, turkey all have gone up in price dramatically. My grocery bill is up 1.5x all told compared to 3 years ago. The current shortage of fertilizer, diesel fuel natural gas etc is driving cost hikes. Grain shortages are worsening. We run about a year in the past as far as major products made from wheat, soy and corn. A year from now the cost of a bodybuilding diet may be unapproachable for mid-income folks. Meats, cheese, whey etc all come from live stock who are feed grains. I don't know how things will pan out over the next 2-5 years for sure but the trends are not looking great. How much are you guys paying for your major foods compared to 3 years ago?

My grocery bill tripled, but that’s because I went from being single to married with a stepson 😂.

But in all seriousness yeah, probably 50% more. Fortunately it’s not hitting my wallet where it hurts, but $400/week still sucks.

I don’t expect it to ever drop.

Used to spend 80-100$ for a full 7 days of meals. Now it’s around 160$ mostly for the exact same things….
Eggs and egg whites are also rising. I couldn’t find any the other day.

If this rate of increasing cost continues for the next few years we are all going to have to learn to build muscle with a lot less. For me, it doesn't matter so much because I am past those years but for the future of bodybuilding, and the young men and women, things are going to be different unless things change dramatically for the better.

My grocery bill has doubled over the past six months. A lot of market analysts are predicting a recession before the end of the year if not sooner. So many issues coming to ahead

Beef, chicken, turkey all have gone up in price dramatically. My grocery bill is up 1.5x all told compared to 3 years ago. The current shortage of fertilizer, diesel fuel natural gas etc is driving cost hikes. Grain shortages are worsening. We run about a year in the past as far as major products made from wheat, soy and corn. A year from now the cost of a bodybuilding diet may be unapproachable for mid-income folks. Meats, cheese, whey etc all come from live stock who are feed grains. I don't know how things will pan out over the next 2-5 years for sure but the trends are not looking great. How much are you guys paying for your major foods compared to 3 years ago?
Paying ~ 50% more. B/t that, gas, childcare x2, healthcare bills for 2nd child, it's been rough!

My grocery bill has doubled over the past six months. A lot of market analysts are predicting a recession before the end of the year if not sooner. So many issues coming to ahead
Yeah man buckle up. Cash has been cheap and too widely available, we’ve over-valued a lot of non-profitable companies, and our labor force has been decimated by sucking on the government cash tit.

We’re in for a doozy.

We are in a recession already. They can play with the numbers all they want but there is no way GDP has not fallen in the last 3 quarters, which is the definition of recession. The economies of the world, including the US, cannot grow without energy and energy is being restricted probably by design at this point. That is, in part, reflected in the food supply since petroleum and other fossil fuels are required to manufacture fertilier as well as harvest/farm etc. All we can do at this point is adjust and prepare. Not really sure if voting will make much of a difference at this point. The agenda seems set somehow.

Yeah same here. Between gas and groceries it has been a big hit.

Whey protein has gone up 50%.

It's nuts. I'm from Europe but prices are just crazy here as well. Whey protein easily went 2x, gas is way up, elektricity can't be afforded by some as prices went up like 500% or so. Pretty soon and I'll have to start living together with someone otherwise no more hgh haha.

Prob 25-30% increase in price over the last few yrs for food. Cooked at home and eating out. But I earned 50-60% more so it’s not hurting me. Covid has actually helped my income. Iv made more money since Covid hit than I did at any point of my life by a long shot. The price of lumber has over doubled and the demand for trees being killed has as well. Highest timber prices ever the last few years. And it’s only going to go up from here. I’m more than happy if this trend continues for many years.

I cringe every time I go to the store. Back in the day I could have a grocery cart overflowing for $100.00. That’s like 1/4 of the cart now. It is crazy how high prices are getting. I joke I am going to start whacking the subdivision deer to supplement our protein sources. I put in a big garden, along with splitting a cow with a farmer I know. People hesitated and when I get asked if we do a half this summer, yup. No problem count me in. I am hoping the next price jump we know that’s coming will be a lot easier on the grocery bill not bedding as much. Between the garden, fresh eggs and beef in the freezer. I never keep fish in the summer when I take the kids fishing. I think that is going to change too. I don’t get raises or cost of living so it’s definitely hit us hard.

So be it. I rather buy a shitload of bugs, put them in a mixer and use them as my protein source than giving up on this livestyle and lifting weights.

Last edited by a moderator:
So be it. I rather buy a shitload of bugs, put them in a mixer and use them as my protein source than giving up on this livestyle and lifting weights.
That's one way to get your Ecdysterone. I'll pass.You can have my bowl of Gates' bugs.

You guys know the rules. Be careful of talking about politics.

We were usually at $500-$600/monthly grocery bill for my family. Now we spend $1000-$1100. I truly feel for the folks that are busting their asses and struggling to get by.

Cage

What pisses me off is the Walmart near my end of town NEVER hardly has skinless boneless chicken breast, krogers right across the street always has chicken (I do the majority of my shopping at krogers).
But YES, food prices are definitely going straight up!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131