over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cost of meat, fish and high protein sources

If you don’t believe what your eyes and your wallet are telling you and are waiting for someone to spoon feed you what’s about to happen then God help you. You were given common sense for a reason, use it. This is for no one in particular, just a general statement for anyone thinking “everything will be ok, it’s cyclical”. Yea, those not prepared will suffer the most. Don’t be that guy.

[Citation needed]
Got it right here:

¹ O.T.Hurts, "The US and Canada both feature similar amounts of morons.", 1st Ed, US and Canadian Fuckery, pp 101, 102

If you don’t believe what your eyes and your wallet are telling you and are waiting for someone to spoon feed you what’s about to happen then God help you. You were given common sense for a reason, use it. This is for no one in particular, just a general statement for anyone thinking “everything will be ok, it’s cyclical”. Yea, those not prepared will suffer the most. Don’t be that guy.
Either the above, or you could realize that the world is just going to keep on turning, and we're going to get old and die. But not before giving the younger generation (and each other) a heaping dose of:

"The world is going to hell!"
"The end is nigh."
"These young whipper snappers have no respect."
"Get off my lawn or I'll call the cops!"
"When I was your age, I didn't even have a [cell phone, netflix, wifi hotspot, electric vehicle, et al]."

Either the above, or you could realize that the world is just going to keep on turning, and we're going to get old and die. But not before giving the younger generation (and each other) a heaping dose of:

"The end is nigh."
"When I was your age, I didn't even have a [cell phone, netflix, wifi hotspot, electric vehicle, et al]."
Love the post lol. But you and I have been on the planet a long time brother, and maybe we disagree but something smells very different this time. A perfect storm is brewing, it’s like every angle every turn everywhere you look it’s dark and getting darker. I’d love to be wrong but I’m prepared for anything as always

Love the post lol. But you and I have been on the planet a long time brother, and maybe we disagree but something smells very different this time. A perfect storm is brewing, it’s like every angle every turn everywhere you look it’s dark and getting darker. I’d love to be wrong but I’m prepared for anything as always
I hear you. I know we've both watched this all a long time. And yes, with global petroleum a limited resource, food shortages now reaching the 1st world, wildfires in the Amazon basin (20% of Earth's oxygen production), a population still growing out of control.... many things could converge into a "perfect storm" scenario.

So yes, we're certainly wiping ourselves out. But, once enough of us get wiped out, we come closer to a sustainable population and the Earth begins to heal and life goes on just as it has from age to age: with heartless and reckless abandon and cruelty every step of the way.

It may smell different this time only because this time the hate, misery, and cruelty are happening right here in the USA from sea to polluted sea. There are dark clouds on the horizon, definitely. And many people are going to feel the pain from it.

Nations rise and fall. Our reign (here in the USA) has just about ended if not already. All I'm saying is that it will be okay. Life will go on. Maybe not as we've known it, but it will go on. Two thousand years ago, in Judea, they felt as if they were living in the end times. If those end times were concerning the Roman Empire, they were right. But concerning humanity, clearly they were wrong.

A nuclear holocaust, a major volcanic eruption, an asteroid or comet, a plague, so many things, all of which nobody can prepare for, or hide from, or escape.

Eclesiastes: "But he who is joined with all the living has hope, for a living dog is better than a dead lion. For the living know that they will die, but the already dead know nothing. They have no more reward and the memory of them is lost. Their love and their hate have already perished, and they forever no longer have any share in all that is done under the sun.

So go. Eat your bread with enjoyment, and drink your wine with a merry heart. For God has already approved what you do. Let your garments be always white; and let your face be always washed.

Enjoy life with the wife whom you love all the days of your life which he has given you under the sun and whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.

For there is no work or thought or knowledge in Sheoul, to which you are going."

(Sheoul in Hebrew was the land of the dead. Not heaven or hell, just dead.)

I hear you. I know we've both watched this all a long time. And yes, with global petroleum a limited resource, food shortages now reaching the 1st world, wildfires in the Amazon basin (20% of Earth's oxygen production), a population still growing out of control.... many things could converge into a "perfect storm" scenario.

So yes, we're certainly wiping ourselves out. But, once enough of us get wiped out, we come closer to a sustainable population and the Earth begins to heal and life goes on just as it has from age to age: with heartless and reckless abandon and cruelty every step of the way.

It may smell different this time only because this time the hate, misery, and cruelty are happening right here in the USA from sea to polluted sea. There are dark clouds on the horizon, definitely. And many people are going to feel the pain from it.

Nations rise and fall. Our reign (here in the USA) has just about ended if not already. All I'm saying is that it will be okay. Life will go on. Maybe not as we've known it, but it will go on. Two thousand years ago, in Judea, they felt as if they were living in the end times. If those end times were concerning the Roman Empire, they were right. But concerning humanity, clearly they were wrong.

A nuclear holocaust, a major volcanic eruption, an asteroid or comet, a plague, so many things, all of which nobody can prepare for, or hide from, or escape.

Eclesiastes: "But he who is joined with all the living has hope, for a living dog is better than a dead lion. For the living know that they will die, but the already dead know nothing. They have no more reward and the memory of them is lost. Their love and their hate have already perished, and they forever no longer have any share in all that is done under the sun.

So go. Eat your bread with enjoyment, and drink your wine with a merry heart. For God has already approved what you do. Let your garments be always white; and let your face be always washed.

Enjoy life with the wife whom you love all the days of your life which he has given you under the sun and whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.

For there is no work or thought or knowledge in Sheoul, to which you are going."

(Sheoul in Hebrew was the land of the dead. Not heaven or hell, just dead.)

I think we are typically on opposite sides of the spectrum, but what you said is spot on and I was going to post.

Too many humans on this planet. Technology, medicine, survival of the fittest, darwinism, social darwinism are not as relevant as they would be in nature. But eventually the massive population will catch up and something will have to give. Those who remain will be better off.

*Didn't mean to quote baldnazi too, I think our views on this issue and most are the same.

I think we are typically on opposite sides of the spectrum, but what you said is spot on and I was going to post.

Too many humans on this planet. Technology, medicine, survival of the fittest, darwinism, social darwinism are not as relevant as they would be in nature. But eventually the massive population will catch up and something will have to give. Those who remain will be better off.

*Didn't mean to quote baldnazi too, I think our views on this issue and most are the same.

Population decline has already happened. There's a birth shortage globally. A full generation isn't having kids yet, if at all. My kid is almost 30 she doesn't plan on kids, neither does anyone she know in her age group.

All I know is Gas in California has went up 50 cents in my area - thought all that reserve oil was gonna help us out more then a day LMAO

We will see how it plays out - happy I'm basically retired - some obligations are not paying jobs but they are jobs regardless sometimes

Population decline has already happened. There's a birth shortage globally. A full generation isn't having kids yet, if at all. My kid is almost 30 she doesn't plan on kids, neither does anyone she know in her age group.
I looked it up, looks like population goes up every year but it may eventually decline, which IMO we need.

Food prices up, gas prices up, lines to get a prescription filled longer than ever, baby formula shortage, pollution, schools hospitals and police force understaffed. A large portion of the population is unproductive and we incentivize people to have children. Were there a decline we may see some issues resolves, especially food prices. Supply and demand. A decrease in demand (people) the price would come down. Ive heard china is looking to artificially make food to feed its population. Places where I grew up that were farms now have apartments and public transportation going into the area.

All I know is Gas in California has went up 50 cents in my area - thought all that reserve oil was gonna help us out more then a day LMAO

We will see how it plays out - happy I'm basically retired - some obligations are not paying jobs but they are jobs regardless sometimes
July 1st, there is going to be a 30+% gas tax added here in California......unless it was dropped?

All prices you are seeing now is one big money grab. Oil companies are posting up to 400% year-over-year profits. I don't mean income. Profits. This is their biggest windfall in decades. Over $100 BILLION total in profits in 1st quarter of 2022 alone! Don't believe me, look for yourself. It won't take long to get the picture.

And oil price per barrel now is lower than in 2008 and has remained $80-$120/barrel for decades. It's currently $118/barrel. The people in the US/UK/EU/AUS/CAN making it political is a joke and a slap in the face. They just want to keep their jobs. Sure, my Exxon and Tyson shares are killing it, but... still doesn't make it right.

Other big corps are getting in on the act, too. Check Tyson Foods, have you seen their profits this year? Check 'em out. And Tyson is one of just four companies that bring you almost 90% of all your chicken, pork, and beef. Their net income went from $467 million in 1st qtr 2021 to $1.121 billion in same qtr 2022 while raising prices. The below is from their own website. Also below is the year over year profits and % increase in largest oil companies.

This thread is proof that you know you're getting the shaft. At least know who's giving it to you. While making record profits, they're raising prices on you.

20220603_002713.jpg

20220602_235519.jpg

July 1st, there is going to be a 30+% gas tax added here in California......unless it was dropped?

Not sure this info is from March 28,, or so

So what they're trying to do is text the suppliers of gas and of course that tax is going to be passed on to the consumer by increasing the prices and then allegedly the governor wants to give everybody rebates for all the revenue that they collect for that $0.30 gas hike which would mean if it really were to play out that way would be a net zero for everybody so why do it in the first place

CalMatters
CalMatters
DONATE

POSTED INWHATMATTERS
Dems propose new tax on gas suppliers

BY EMILY HOEVEN
MARCH 29, 2022

Minority Floor Leader James Gallagher, R-Chico, addresses the media during a press conference calling for a suspension of the state's gas tax on March 14, 2022. Photo by Miguel Gutierrez Jr., CalMatters
Assembly GOP Leader James Gallagher of Yuba City addresses the media during a press conference calling for a suspension of the state's gas tax on March 14, 2022. Photo by Miguel Gutierrez Jr., CalMatters
IN SUMMARY

Democrats in the Legislature propose a new California gas tax on suppliers when prices spike. Republicans are incensed by the move.

CalMatters is dedicated to explaining how state government impacts our lives. Your support helps us produce journalism that makes a difference. Donate now.

This week is shaping up to be a busy — and controversial — one at the state Capitol.

First up: Gas tax. After twice refusing to consider GOP Assemblymember Kevin Kiley of Rocklin’s bill to suspend California’s excise gas tax for six months, a key Assembly committee passed it on Monday — after gutting the contents and inserting an entirely new measure from Democratic Assemblymember Alex Lee of San Jose.

""Lee’s amendments would, among other things, impose a new tax on gas suppliers when the price of a gallon of gas is “abnormally high” compared to the cost of a barrel of crude oil — and send the tax revenue back to California drivers via a rebate.""

All prices you are seeing now is one big money grab. Oil companies are posting up to 400% year-over-year profits. I don't mean income. Profits. This is their biggest windfall in decades. Over $100 BILLION total in profits in 1st quarter of 2022 alone! Don't believe me, look for yourself. It won't take long to get the picture.

And oil price per barrel now is lower than in 2008 and has remained $80-$120/barrel for decades. It's currently $118/barrel. The people in the US/UK/EU/AUS/CAN making it political is a joke and a slap in the face. They just want to keep their jobs. Sure, my Exxon and Tyson shares are killing it, but... still doesn't make it right.

Other big corps are getting in on the act, too. Check Tyson Foods, have you seen their profits this year? Check 'em out. And Tyson is one of just four companies that bring you almost 90% of all your chicken, pork, and beef. Their net income went from $467 million in 1st qtr 2021 to $1.121 billion in same qtr 2022 while raising prices. The below is from their own website. Also below is the year over year profits and % increase in largest oil companies.

This thread is proof that you know you're getting the shaft. At least know who's giving it to you. While making record profits, they're raising prices on you.

View attachment 158537

View attachment 158538

See the majority of people don't look at financial statements of publicly held companies but if they did during this inflationary time right now the majority of companies are making even more net income and gross margins are up so what does that tell you it tells you that the consumer once again is take it in the ass

So when these companies cry oh I can't afford to pay my worker $20 or this that or something else all you have to do is look at their financial statements and that tells no lies

If you don't look at company financial statements in a capitalist country with publicly traded companies, and you constantly complain about lawmakers or the fact you have to pay $10 for a small pack of bacon, or whatever, I have no sympathy for you.

Actually I do, but only the sympathy that the particular person likely has been, is now, and always will be continually screwed and probably never get very far ahead financially, if at all. No matter how hard they work. It actually is kind of sad. There was a day when there were unions and pensions at almost every large company and just with working hard, you could live well.

Those days are long gone.

"The end is nigh."
You must live on an island isolated.

@BigNJ is unfortunately rather correct.

I work with a large swath of the F100, many who have brilliant CFOs.

The next 18 months will be bad.

Care to expand? I’ve read your post in other financial type threads. I’d be interested to hear what else you’ve heard or learned.

What can we do to further prepare for what’s on the horizon?

You must live on an island isolated.
I watch the markets very closely. I don't respond to doom and gloom, sky is falling predictions. Why? Because the sky isn't falling for me. Not at all. These companies are making record profits year-over-year and since I own them, I see their financials almost daily and I watch my property and investments very closely. All these prices going up and property values soaring is huge money for me. They can raise chicken to $10/lb for all I care! Hell, I own Tyson Foods $TSN at $42/share cost basis! It's now over $80. It's the little guy I'm worried about. The guy like my son who is mid 20's and trying to get ahead.

But these price spikes are also a bubble. This will backfire eventually when sales drop and people just say, "No, I'm not paying that price."

This is big corporate post-covid price gouging. Many of these companies (Exxon or BP, for example) were taking huge losses during covid because oil carriers were lined up, sitting at sea with nobody using the oil, they incurred some big losses. At one point, oil prices went negative! They're recouping those losses right now and when gas prices go up, everyone else gets in on the act.

This is why you need to choose a few stocks from each sector. Many brokerages allow you to purchase even partial shares now. Start investing that money in those companies. Add a little every week/month. Whatever you can afford. Then, when shit like this happens, your paying more but in the meantime, you're making big cash. And with apps like Robinhood, you can do it right now from your cell phone. I don't do that, I use another service but you live in a capitalist country. You have to do it.

Either you own, or you get owned. That simple.

We don't know if he's "rather correct". Not me, not you. We'll see, and what happens will be what it is. These chart readers are all but useless. Everything and anything could happen in the coming months and years. If CFOs are divulging inside information that they intend to further increase prices or continue gouging based on oil futures (or whatever) they are committing a crime just by telling you. So I'm doubting it. But if it's true, by all means, drop it here (or in the financial section) so we can all make money off it. I have a contact high up in wealth management at JPM, and if he hasn't heard of this, I doubt you have. He meets with CFOs of some of the biggest companies in the world. Amazon, Apple, Google, Pfizer, Exxon, nVidia, Chipotle, all sectors.

Could you/he be correct? Sure. But buying will eventually slow. And prices will then come down or if people keep paying it, they may not. As of now, buying has not slowed a bit. But if they don't come down, and these companies continue to price gouge, at least buy stake in the companies so you can cash in along with them. This is the only way to survive end-stage capitalism. Own what the uber rich own, buy what they buy, sell what they sell.

But to attempt to forecast the next 18 months? Nah.

Some good posts. People often get distracted today worrying about social issues, equality, micro agressions in the news, put so much time and energy into these things.

I think a smart man once said "it's about the economy stupid.". The world is over populated, there are limited resources, you have to do what you need to inorder to survive. Empathy, emotion, catch phrases are nice but logic is more important. Maximize your income, minimize your costs, prepare for the worst. People who using their energy to put themselves in a position to succeed and be financially stable will do better than people putting their energy in convincing everyone around them they are a victim.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear