advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Could I be overdueing my Shoulders and Tri's?

D Animal

Registered
Could I be overdueing my tri's and shoulders? I do Chest,,shoulders and Tri's on Monday...I do 2 exercises for chest 3 sets each then 5 sets for shoulders 2 exercises then 5 sets for tri's 2 exercisies each,...Tell me what you all think.

Chest..Incline 3 sets
Flat or Decline 3 sets

Shoulders...Military press 3 sets
Side laterial 2 sets

Tri's...Dips 3 sets
Skulls or close beach 2 sets

WTF

You do chest shoulders and tris WOW talk about a push push push workout, id say bad idea but what ever works for ya.

Re: WTF

Vander_V said:
You do chest shoulders and tris WOW talk about a push push push workout, id say bad idea but what ever works for ya.

Is that bad to do? The reason on doing this is because if i work shoulders an arms on different days then I'd be hitting tri's 3 times a week and shoulders 2twice...cause chest works both shoulders and tri's...So is this really bad?

Does it work for you? Are you going up in either strength or reps every workout? No one can tell you if you are overtraining based on your split.

Diesel

great point man,, if it works then stick with it.

i do push pulll training.

Well I"M cutting now so I'm not really going up in weight yet....I'm just wondering if maybe it would be 2 much of a workload on my tris or shoulders to do them after chest.....I'm not doing a shit load of sets though.. I DUNNO!

Chest,Shoulder and tricep is not as bad as people think, unless you are a volumer. Anyways if you are cutting you should still be gaining strength and or reps, if not your diet is definitely overkilling it, take it slow and remember the point of training when dieting is to stay with the same strength while dieting down.

I have to agree with Vander

Thats to much pushing.
I usually do A pusher and a puller (say chest then Bi`s, Or back then Tri`s)

Or Only 1 bodypart a day.

imo thats to much, with your spilt, I sure couldnt effectivley
do shoulders the same day as chest myself. What do you do the rest of the week?

If your havin doubts, switch it up and try something new.

My split is Monday chest shoulders and tri's.....Wednesday---LEGS....Friday ...back traps and bi's.....Then the other days r either rest or cardio.......

Why would you do chest and bi's then hit back and tri's you'd be hitting bi's before back....Also if you do chest one day and shoulders then arm day you'd hit shoulders 2 times a week and tri's 3 times a week.

D Animal said:
My split is Monday chest shoulders and tri's.....Wednesday---LEGS....Friday ...back traps and bi's.....Then the other days r either rest or cardio.......

Why would you do chest and bi's then hit back and tri's you'd be hitting bi's before back....

Lol, not all in one day.
Thats just an example bro, dont be defensive :)
Im trying to help you out.

for me Back is a day of its own.

If its working why you asking for help? goodluck man

I can see doing shoulders and tris; or chest and tris.
But all three-shoulders will suffer training after chest, and after that tris will be spent. You will never be able to exert max intensity into the 2nd and 3rd muscle trained.

Like was said; do chest and bi; back and tri; shoulder and trap;
legs - and example only.

rAJJIN said:
D Animal said:

Why would you do chest and bi's then hit back and tri's you'd be hitting bi's before back....

Lol, not all in one day.
Thats just an example bro, dont be defensive :)
Im trying to help you out.

for me Back is a day of its own.

If its working why you asking for help? goodluck man

LOL...I'm not being defensive at all bro.......I'm just asking what you all think about it.......I"m trying it out as well....Thanks for helping out and stating your opinions

MikeS said:
I can see doing shoulders and tris; or chest and tris.
But all three-shoulders will suffer training after chest, and after that tris will be spent. You will never be able to exert max intensity into the 2nd and 3rd muscle trained.

Like was said; do chest and bi; back and tri; shoulder and trap;
legs - and example only.

What I don't get is why would you do chest and bi's? Then later on that week you'd hit back which works bi's as well.....I only do 5 total sets for shoulders ,,,I do understand what you mean by being spent by the 3rd muscle trained...but remember you do'nt need a shit load of exercises and sets for tri's and bis'....

Danimal

Training back isnt the same as training Bis.
Sure the Bis come into play But its jut not the same as Directly hitting them.

As far as not needing a shitload of exercises or sets for Arms,
I train them with the same amount of sets an Intensity
as any other bodypart.

MY SHOULDERS OVERTRAIN EASILY.....

I GET A LOT OF STIMULATION FROM MY CHEST EXERCISES. I RARELY IF EVER DO MILITARY PRESSES DUE TO THIS FACT. WHEN I DO....MY STRENGTH ON THE BENCH GOES DOWN ON THE NEXT CHEST DAY. EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT RECOVERY ABILITIES....YOU MAY BE SOMEONE WHO NEEDS LESS DIRECT SHOULDER TRAINING. THE KEY SEEMS TO BE.....LISTENING TO YOUR BODY. I USED TO POUND THE SHIT OUT OF MYSELF LIFTING...WHEN I BACKED OFF, I GREW AND GOT STRONGER. IF YOU FIND YOURSELF STAYING SORE ALL THE TIME AND GETTING WEAKER...YOU ARE PROBABLY OVERTRAINED. EVEN ON GEAR, I CAN OVERTRAIN. THAT'S JUST ME AND MY GENETIC MAKE UP. HERE IS SOMETHING I DID THAT GAVE ME ENOUGH RECOVERY...

BICEPS AM....LEGS...PM.....DAY ONE.
CHEST FRONT, SIDE DELTS ....DAY TWO.

REST...DAY THREE.

BACK, HAMSTRINGS...DAY FOUR
TRICEPS, ABS, CALVES...DAY FIVE.

REST...DAY SIX.

START IT OVER. IF I WAS DIETING AND WANTED TO TRAIN MORE OFTEN I DID THIS....

BICEPS,TRAPS, REAR DELTS...DAY ONE
LEGS...DAY TWO
CHEST/ABS..DAY THREE.
REST....DAY FOUR.
BACK, MEDIAL DELTS,FOREARMS...DAY FIVE.
HAMS,CALVES...DAY SIX.
TRICEPS,ABS...DAY SEVEN.
REST....DAY EIGHT. THEN I'D START IT OVER...I ONLY DID TWO EXERCISES PER MUSCLE GROUP.

BEFORE ANYONE JUMPS MY ASS ABOUT THIS....I GOT UP TO 292 DOING IT THIS WAY. ON TRICEP DAY I SOME TIMES DID DIPS OR CLOSE GRIP BENCHES....SO SOME INDIRECT CHEST AND SHOULDER WORK WAS INCLUDED.....I FIGURED ON MY BICEP DAY THE REAR DELT RAISES AND UPRIGHT ROWS, SHRUGS HIT BACK SOME. ON MY BACK DAY....I GOT SOME BICEPS STIMULATION. CHEST DAY....GOT A LITTLE TRICEP AND SHOULDER INVOLVEMENT. AGAIN....I OVERTRAIN EASILY. I'D LIKE TO TRAIN LIKE A SAVAGE ALL THE TIME....BUT, I CAN'T RECOVER FROM SESSIONS LIKE THAT IF THEY ARE TOO FREQUENT.

JUST TRYING TO THROW IN MY OPINION.

|--[\\\\]>---------- I am going to go against the grain a little, b/c i have done a similar workout. Check this, back in the day when i used to 'go off' (LOL!) my body needed MORE time to recover. When on AAS, recovery is a lot faster, but when you are 'off' it's slower, but i still need to train just as intense, so i a buddy of mine suggested the following wrkout for off-season:

M: Chest, shoulders, tri's
W: legs
F: back and bi's

I tell you what, i was SUPER strong and i kept growing. I did the following:

Chest: 3 exercises, 3 sets each
shoulders: 2 exercises, 3 sets each
tri's: 1 exercise, 4 sets

all are 'working' sets, does NOT include warm-up. I'm sure you can figure out the theory behind this: when doing chest, you use a lot of shoulders so i do'nt do as many sets for shoulders b/c they are pretty taxed by that time, and most of your movement from mid to the end of a push is tris', so during chest and shoulders, my tri's are 'pre-exhausted' by the time i acutally hit the tris. Also, one thing to remember when doing this 'off season' type of workout, is i used all 'old school' stuff, no machines or cables, all free weights. it made a HUGE dif.

Re: WTF

Vander_V said:
ya bit too mouch foucs and compound in 1 day.. i like to dedicate 1 whoel day to 1 whole muscle plenty of workouts, give it the special attention it deserves to grow to max potential..

honestly when u go over 3/day good luck hitting everything to your bodys max potential,

my philosophy is whatever group u start fresh with is what is really getting "worked" that week. everything else is kinda getting touched up, which is why i decicate a day to every group i care about starting altrernating not staying same routine, do bi/back every week eventuelly ur back is gonna be too strong for ur bis and ur bis will get to failure only when ur backs burt, a dumb way to lift for your WHOLE body dont you think..

I also do chest, shoulders, and tri's on Monday. Legs on Wednesday. Back and bi's on Friday. What I am looking for is mass. You need the day off after a workout to get the maximum growth. On Monday I do two work sets for bench press and one work set for incline flys. That is good for Chest. For shoulders I do one work set at the seated dumbell press, one work set for the front lateral, and one work set for the rear delts. For tri's I do one work set at the close grip bench, and one work set for tricep pushdowns. If you read BigA's post in the articles forum about the HIT you will understand how this traing works. Now I am not saying that this the only way to grow, I am saying that this works best for me. As you can see, Vander_V and rAJJIN do not use that type of workout and they seem to get very good results. Whatever works for you may not be the best for the other person. Later fellas.

Bigwil

Re: Re: WTF

Dave_19 said:

ya bit too mouch foucs and compound in 1 day.. i like to dedicate 1 whoel day to 1 whole muscle plenty of workouts, give it the special attention it deserves to grow to max potential..

honestly when u go over 3/day good luck hitting everything to your bodys max potential,

my philosophy is whatever group u start fresh with is what is really getting "worked" that week. everything else is kinda getting touched up, which is why i decicate a day to every group i care about starting altrernating not staying same routine, do bi/back every week eventuelly ur back is gonna be too strong for ur bis and ur bis will get to failure only when ur backs burt, a dumb way to lift for your WHOLE body dont you think..

Yea, but some people don't even do arm work and just do heavy back work and have huge arms....Arms get worked with back and with chest.....sot hey don't need a lot of attnetion

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws