advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Could you guys ever go back to being a size medium from xxx large again?

I'm only 5'8 & these days never go under 210(even when off, playing hockey & not lifting)...so a medium I don't think will ever fit...but I do not look forward to ever fitting under an XL

where the hell r u guys buying your clothes from, and how fucking tall are you?
lots of replies with "never wore a medium before"?? 9 years ago i used to wear an Xsmall size t-shirt for a tight fit... and a small was just right... medium would be pretty baggy....
and now... medium polo shirts fit nicely... couldn't imagine fitting in an x-large. although i have some fat friends who are 5'11 weighing 250 lbs who never worked out who can barely fit in an xxxl shirt... :)

I must be losing my mind or we all shop at much different places because you aren't small in your pic unless you are 5 foot 2 but I can't fathom how you can fit into a medium polo? Polos for me are the hardest to find. (unless I can find a nice "ghetto" store like Epic or Law but those are no longer around my area) The problem is the arms never ever fit, xxl and xxxl are always tight on the arms. If you have arms that are close to 19 inches or bigger (maybe even 18.5 and up) then I can't fathom how these polos fit. Actually that is a look a lot of guys like so maybe that's the issue, I don't like my sleeves feeling like spandex. And it seems no 2 polos are the same. I have some that are great, long enough (I am 5 10 so not super tall) and they fit the arms just fine but those are rare xxl. I often buy xxl and xxxl and the arms are too tight and it is not long enough, it is so annoying. I guess I need to figure out what brand you guys buy since these damn polo shirts are the bane of my existence. My workout shirts are xxxl Adidas, Nike etc shirts and sometimes those shirts you get at Foot Locker - 5 for $19.99 in xxxl, they are not snug on the arms but they are a nice comfortable fit with room to move. I guess once you get upwards of 19.5+ arms then those shirts will be snug spandex like but I do notice at the end of as tricep workout and when I do dumbell overhead tricep the sleeves start dragging against my triceps.

But whoever wears medium you must be 150lbs or you just like them really tight which again that is fine if you like that look but I don't think I can get a medium over my head and that has nothing to do with the size of my muscles its just a tiny shirt.

thing that sucks about when you buy the xxl or larger polos is that the shirt is way too long, it looks like a skirt on me! the sleeves are also too long and come down too far on the upper arm. If I went XL though then the shirt would be skin tight, so I used to settle for the XXL because the arms were big enough around and the shoulders too. The shirts would be too long though and have a huge amount of material down at the waist, id have to tuck in at the waist because it looked like I had a parachute on my back!

Clothes fit me a lot better now since I lost so much size. I can finally wear XL shirts and they look good. Pants are easier too because I dont have to buy them 2-4" too big in the waist so that they fit in the legs! SHopping for clothes is so much easier now.

thing that sucks about when you buy the xxl or larger polos is that the shirt is way too long, it looks like a skirt on me! the sleeves are also too long and come down too far on the upper arm. If I went XL though then the shirt would be skin tight, so I used to settle for the XXL because the arms were big enough around and the shoulders too. The shirts would be too long though and have a huge amount of material down at the waist, id have to tuck in at the waist because it looked like I had a parachute on my back!

Clothes fit me a lot better now since I lost so much size. I can finally wear XL shirts and they look good. Pants are easier too because I dont have to buy them 2-4" too big in the waist so that they fit in the legs! SHopping for clothes is so much easier now.

XXL Modern/Slin Fit are the best to me because the chest shoulder area is big enough and the stomach and oblique area is narrow instaed of being to baggy. I try to find the ones that have 3-5% lycra so they stretch in the arms a little.

Well, Phil is one of those very gifted men ,there are only a few in the world like him, so that's a total different situation, if he goes down to 200, he still gonna look great and huge. Now I am about 205-210, if I were to lose 20 lbs I would look like crap, you can't compare a pro to a regular Joe. Bessings. Minister.

I don't know Phil and wont comment about him or his personality, but I can comment on my personality and how my mind works and how I perceive my goals.

I have always wanted to be big and play sports ( and I did play sports) but didnt hit puberty extremely late so was never successful with it, and I always admired the people that were successful with it. I have an addictive personality and I pick up hobby's and go all out with them, from making massive powered motors to dirtbikes and racecars I have never given up until I hit my goals, and once I do I still enjoy them but let them go...

This Hobby has me hooked, I have a goal to be "big" and I will get there, I don't know how big I will have to be before I am satisfied, but just like my hobbies from the past, I wont stop until I'm there... and once I am there I think I will be 100% content shrinking to a healthy weight and focus more on longevity and general health and wont think twice about it.

Its a bug and I've been bitten, but sooner or later in life other priorities will take over, I want to have kids with my wife and spend time watching them grow up instead of focusing on myself, until then though. Cheers and happy eating.

Its EVERYONES destiny...........so be prepared.

So true. But nobody likes to hear that.

I used to equate my success in bodybuilding with the size shirts that I bought, but now I judge my success strictly with the way I look when the shirt comes off… and at my age, in my case, I look a good 10 years younger at a lean xl size vs. my xxl days.

XXXL?
You guys must be giants. I wear a L or XL depending on cut and style.
I don't wear tight shirts, but I don't like looking like I am wearing a tent just to occupy a lot of space either.

Why worrying so much about the size of your clothes? It's when you take them of and the peeps in front of you say "WOW" that really matters... don't you think? ;)

Fitting in a 3-4-5 - whatever XL and looking like a fat fuck underneath doesn't look too appealing to me... :eek:

LOOOOOOOOOOOL
so true... i swear just a week ago i saw a really wide dude and he looked so weird wearing a t-shirt that looked like a tent... i didn't know if he was an IFBB pro or a contestant on the biggest loser! LOL!

Its EVERYONES destiny...........so be prepared.

Hey Phil, how different is 230 at 5'6", than 240 at 5'10"? I need XX shirts and sometimes they are a little small. I'm sitting here looking at a photo of my dog Rocco.

I'm 5'10" at 26 years old I hit 250lbs (around 12% bf), had some injuries, got away from bodybuilding, started doing a lot of running. At one point I hit 176lbs (probably 9%-10% bf) probably hadn't been that weight since sophomore year of high school, this was 8 years later. I got back into bodybuilding, diet much better than before, and hit just over 250lbs again, this time a little learn than when I was in my 20s. I'd post pictures but you guys would laugh too hard at the differences.

A couple years ago I got down to 160 Lbs., but I'm 5'6". I was running hills every day with a caloric deficit. Then three months later, or less. I was back up to 210. Now I'm at 230, and thinking about running again.

it really depedns what clothing im buying

wen it comes to shirts and singlets etc XXXL seems to fit nicely

wen i go to Bodybuilding stores and buy the promotional t Shirts XXXL is nice and comfortably loose

XXL tends to be great

as for L or medium theres no way in fukin hell id go back to that

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner