over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Couple of Questions about HGH

Vanilla-Gorilla

Registered
Is it possible to feel hypo after a couple of weeks on gh? I have been on for 3 weeks and at times I feel a little dizzy. If so, can you become a full time diabetic? Or does the hypo stop after GH use is discontinued?

Another question I have is, I have been feeling very cold lately. I am usually one of those people that can never get cold. I mean, cold has never affected me. Now, I get cold all of the time after starting the gh use. What could be the cause of this?

Thank you,
VG

Its pretty hard to become a diabetic from HGH. In fact, i've never heard of that happening. Only from insulin. Plus you would need well over 15iu's of HGH daily to get a side like that. Yes, you can feel hypo if not eating enough carbs. When you feel dizzy slam 40grams of dextrose or soda or anything fast absorbing like sugar. 20min later if you feel the same, slam another 40g. And its impossible to get fat from that.

The coldness could be due to you getting leaner from the HGH. Only thing I could think of. I def get much colder since my use of HGH.

Thank you for the reply Fullybuilt. I think I had read somewhere awhile back that if your thyroid gets to suppressed it can take your body temp down. I was wondering if that is why I was feeling cold.

GH causes hyperglycemia. I pulled this off a quick search to back up the GH/hyperglycemia comment. In American GH product inserts it is common to see the reference to hyperglycemia and dibaetes warnings below in bold and underlined.
"In their article on drug-induced hyperglycemia, Drs Luna and Feinglos1 did not discuss growth hormone (GH), which is known to induce hyperglycemia.2-3 The approved indications for GH have expanded substantially in the United States in the last several years. For growth-enhancing purposes, GH indications now include short stature associated with small gestational age and Prader Willi and Turner syndromes.4 In addition, GH has also been approved for the treatment of cachexia associated with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).4 For all of these conditions, and particularly AIDS-associated cachexia, dosages are in excess of those previously indicated for replacement therapy in children with GH deficiency. Higher dosages of GH are also approved for the treatment of GH deficiency in adolescents, and GH has also been approved as replacement therapy for adults with GH deficiency.4 The recommended doses for adults, however, are substantially smaller than for children.

Despite the small GH dosages used to treat GH deficiency in adults, such patients are likely to experience hyperglycemia more commonly than children treated for GH deficiency because adults are more likely to be overweight, which increases insulin resistance. Similar alterations in glucose homeostasis are also found more frequently in children with small gestational age and Prader Willi and Turner syndromes, which are associated with some degree of insulin resistance.5 Moreover, the pharmacological dosages of GH that are used to treat AIDS-associated cachexia have led to a recent change in the label, which states that "cases of new onset glucose intolerance, diabetes mellitus and exacerbation of preexisting diabetes mellitus" as well as "the development of diabetes ketoacidosis and coma" have been reported with the use of GH. In some of these patients the glucose intolerance persisted despite GH discontinuation.4
Finally, there are several off-label uses of GH. These include cosmetic or rejuvenating purposes, chiefly in the elderly; muscle-enhancement in athletes; and the improvement of lipodystrophy in patients with AIDS. Hence, all these populations may also experience GH-induced hyperglycemia, particularly those patients who have AIDS-related lipodystrophy and are receiving protease inhibitors. The benefit of GH use for all these purposes is questionable, and the long-term risks remain unknown.5

Saul Molazowski, MD,PhD,MBA
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
Bethesda, Md

1. Luna B, Feinglos MA. Drug-induced hyperglycemia. JAMA. 2001;286:1945-1948. FREE FULL TEXT
2. Williams RH, Foster DW, Kronenberg HM, Larsen PR. Williams Textbook of Endocrinology. 9th ed. St Louis, Mo: WB Saunders Co; 1998.
3. Chan JC, Cockram CS, Critchley JA. Drug induced disorders of glucose metabolism: mechanisms and management. Drug Saf. 1996;15:135-157. ISI | PUBMED
4. Medical Economics Co. Physician's Desk Reference. Montvale, NJ: Medical Economics Co; 2001.
5. Critical evaluation of the safety of recombinant human growth hormone administration: statement from the Growth Hormone Research Society. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86:1868-1870. FREE FULL TEXT

This was the entire article.
**broken link removed**
GH also affects T3 conversion from T4 as well as AAS affect the thyroid also.
BB'ers are so diverse with their doses and cycling patterns and choices it's hard to find data on this although Avant labs (nandi-RIP) wrote a good article on AAS and the thyroid.
**broken link removed**
some additional stuff from a random source:
Steroid use decreases the glucose tolerance, while there is an increase in insulin resistance. These changes mimic Type II diabetes. These changes seem to be reversible after abstention from the drugs.

AS use may affect thyroid function. Administration of AS has been found to decrease thyroid stimulation hormone (TSH), and the products of the thyroid gland. In addition, thyroid binding globulin (TBG). These changes reversed within weeks after discontinuation of AS use.

I won't advise people one what to do but used to check my blood glucose and Thyroid profiles when on those things, and still do when off.

Feeling cold could be due to lower body fat levels, like when I was pre comp our house was as hot as a steam room my GF said and I was still lying on the couch with a quilt over me and was still cold.

Could have to do with thyroid but, about a month into my first gh cycle which was 4iu's 5on/2off I got a complete thyroid test done and everything was perfect. Plus, sometimes I cycle 25mcg T3 for 2weeks on/2off during my gh cycles and don't notice a diff while on or off. I think many people dont get their tyroid effected by GH only some do.

Vanilla-Gorilla said:
Is it possible to feel hypo after a couple of weeks on gh? I have been on for 3 weeks and at times I feel a little dizzy. If so, can you become a full time diabetic? Or does the hypo stop after GH use is discontinued?

Another question I have is, I have been feeling very cold lately. I am usually one of those people that can never get cold. I mean, cold has never affected me. Now, I get cold all of the time after starting the gh use. What could be the cause of this?

Thank you,
VG

I've never experienced this while using GH,,,even at 6 iu day.

low carbs will do it

you may be training harder and burning more calories and not replacing the extra 500 your burning each day and now it has caught up with you..

Your thyroid is a bit hyped i suspect and your burning more calories and your fat level is dropping as it was stated by the other guys and that is why you may be cold..

Good luck and happy ripping...

I think that could be it BBB. My training as of late has been intense and my calories are not where they should be. I am going to try eating more and see if that changes things.

Thanks a bunch for all of your replies guys.

VG

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members