over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Couple Powerlifters i meet and something that shocked me

Is there talk within powerlifting on whether or not equipped lifting is harder on joints? I can't imagine the 400 pounds that shirts can add to a bench being great on the shoulders. Same goes for hips on the squat.

Having competed equipped, and upping the equipment as needed to compete on a level playing field I can say that the shirt protected my shoulders.

But............the added weight I could use for squats destroyed my shoulders.
It's a price to pay. I resisted equipment for a long time. Started adding it to stay competitive, then just went with the flow.

I could have competed raw, against raw, but didn't. Choice I made.
It wasn't the equipment that chased me out, it was damage to my body.
Also, I competed in drug tested events, and was drug free. The other, and probably more pressing reason I retired from the sport was the number of competitors that competed in the tested meets that weren't drug free. It was a very large number. And yes, I know that first hand. It wasn't hidden and I knew a lot of fellow competitors quite well.
For some half the fun was beating the test.

A butter nife of anadrol?
And these dosages he has been doing for a year
Low end of things?
Seems like the guys has a death wish or nothing to live for!
Guy's gonna be dead in ten years if he keeps at it like that!
Just my 2 cents!

Is there talk within powerlifting on whether or not equipped lifting is harder on joints? I can't imagine the 400 pounds that shirts can add to a bench being great on the shoulders. Same goes for hips on the squat.

Its hell on joints. The blast shirts were protective and supportive-(mike a, I was referring to the evolution of gear, I started in a blast. still have a marathon dl suit also - if you really got 150 lbs out of your first single ply fury, you are amazing and kudos to you. you are literally the only person i have ever heard of doing so-thats so amazing its almost unbelievable)

The new era isnt so much shoulders that take a beating, but wrists and elbows-hips are pretty well protected in briefs and suits-but there are alot of serious back and knee problems. I also someones forearm snap from the amount of shearing force on a bench-effing gross. Its not a sport for the faint hearted, and it takes alot of courage, skill and strength to do it. I know people that have tried gear and its not for them, but they stop talking shit once theyve tried it and realize how hard it is. Put on a shirt and think youll bench 200 lbs over your max and youll be in for a rude awakening.

Anyone bitching about equipped records taking away from past legends is misinformed on the topic. The records for raw, multi and single ply are held differently and everyone that matters knows the difference. Powerlifting is alive and well, in all forms. Even Arnold is coming to the multiply show at the Classic. Raw Unity is bringing the best from all feds together under one roof-and the IPF/USPA are in full force for the single ply drug free crowd. Powerlifting is neither dying nor dead. We have more access to info than ever before. Its like bodybuilders making fun of physique guys. Both are gonna do their thing and few cross over.

Its the powerlifters getting sick and dying that bothers me - the sport is doing just fine.

Last edited:
Its hell on joints. The blast shirts were protective and supportive-(mike a, I was referring to the evolution of gear, I started in a blast. still have a marathon dl suit also - if you really got 150 lbs out of your first single ply fury, you are amazing and kudos to you. you are literally the only person i have ever heard of doing so-thats so amazing its almost unbelievable)

The new era isnt so much shoulders that take a beating, but wrists and elbows-hips are pretty well protected in briefs and suits-but there are alot of serious back and knee problems. I also someones forearm snap from the amount of shearing force on a bench-effing gross. Its not a sport for the faint hearted, and it takes alot of courage, skill and strength to do it. I know people that have tried gear and its not for them, but they stop talking shit once theyve tried it and realize how hard it is. Put on a shirt and think youll bench 200 lbs over your max and youll be in for a rude awakening.

Anyone bitching about equipped records taking away from past legends is misinformed on the topic. The records for raw, multi and single ply are held differently and everyone that matters knows the difference. Powerlifting is alive and well, in all forms. Even Arnold is coming to the multiply show at the Classic. Raw Unity is bringing the best from all feds together under one roof-and the IPF/USPA are in full force for the single ply drug free crowd. Powerlifting is neither dying nor dead. We have more access to info than ever before. Its like bodybuilders making fun of physique guys. Both are gonna do their thing and few cross over.

Its the powerlifters getting sick and dying that bothers me - the sport is doing just fine.

145 lbs, to be exact. Yes, it was amazing--the guys I was with said the same thing--that they had never seen anyone get 150 lbs out of that shirt, especially on their first try. The shirt was so tight I heard the fibers ripping and popping on the way down. The groove of the shirt was perfect for me. It took no getting used to. It was in my groove from start to finish from my first rep.

145 lbs, to be exact. Yes, it was amazing--the guys I was with said the same thing--that they had never seen anyone get 150 lbs out of that shirt, especially on their first try. The shirt was so tight I heard the fibers ripping and popping on the way down. The groove of the shirt was perfect for me. It took no getting used to. It was in my groove from start to finish from my first rep.

well double eff you then lol. both for disagreeing with me and being a better equipped bencher. I think your overly opinionated, but not a liar. You say ballsy things and use your real name in regards to anabolics-no reason to lie about a bench you dont even care about.Thats why I asked.Ive bombed two meets in 15 yrs - one was converting from a blast to a fury. The second I ripped my shit off in the back after missing my second squat-shaking in fury arguing with the mother of my child full of amphetamines and cheque drops at a dang national meet I drove forever to get too.

I dont like people who havent done it talking shit about "magic" shirts. Please realize youre an anomaly. I will say the westside guys you trained with used gear...period-Thats louies thing. Also-the raw records stand, even seperate knee wraps from none. (I get 50 lbs easy out of wraps-helps me sit back). Mendy held the raw and equipped for a while and was proud of both before he became mendlebomb.

I do realise wannabes dont qualify their lifts as equipped. Its a little irritating and reflects poorly on the rest of us. Gym rats who bought a shirt but never compete arent powerlifters..It takes big balls to put it all out on the platform. I dont like anybody putting anyone down for what they love. I even stick up for you goofy bodybuilders because I know how much discipline it takes. Shit, lots of peoples nightmare is being in public naked or in their underwear. You guys go ahead and buy a pink weenie bikini and oil up for the lights! Ever watch high level badmitton? badass. No idea what they are doing in the winter olympics with the brooms and pucks(curling or whatever) but those fuckers train hard and I respect that.

Im all for raw, single and mult. I think the single ply zealots irritate me the most when they claim multi isnt pure but they are. Ive gotten 140 out of single ply super katana and 150 out of a tricked out multi superduper phenom. No real difference any more.No shirt could magically shorten my long arms.When I get asked..."whataya bench" I always welcome the opportunity to explain both sides of the sport. Most people think its pretty cool. I use the pole vault vs high jump comparison frequently.

Got off track with the gear vs raw as all PL talks do...started by saying I just worry so much about all my friends...Too many freaking drugs man.Guys dont even check their blood pressure, much less bloodwork. Like I said-Ive never been the best, just good enough to qualify or even sometimes show up without qualifying numbers as my gym had a blanket invite and the purveying attitude was FTW smash fu&*(ing weights and up the dose to lift the most.

When you said I mustve met dumb bodybuilders-it was kind of a snarky response when I said Ive only met bodybuilders here. But in truth, I really felt releived to see alot of very vocal members talking about health, not just looks and drugs. Many sharp guys on this forum and I hope that people will listen. This shit is very dangerous and approaching(i hope) middle age I'm now seeing the consequences all around me to my heroes and mentors. Scares the shit outta me.

Having competed equipped, and upping the equipment as needed to compete on a level playing field I can say that the shirt protected my shoulders.

But............the added weight I could use for squats destroyed my shoulders.
It's a price to pay. I resisted equipment for a long time. Started adding it to stay competitive, then just went with the flow.

I could have competed raw, against raw, but didn't. Choice I made.
It wasn't the equipment that chased me out, it was damage to my body.
Also, I competed in drug tested events, and was drug free. The other, and probably more pressing reason I retired from the sport was the number of competitors that competed in the tested meets that weren't drug free. It was a very large number. And yes, I know that first hand. It wasn't hidden and I knew a lot of fellow competitors quite well.
For some half the fun was beating the test.

Thanks guys. I wasn't ripping equipped lifting. Just wondering if it could cause other issues.

No, he doesn't.

First name, yes, last name, no.

It would be pretty stupid of me to use my full name, especially in my situation. Many of the people I know--some on these boards--who've been big drug advocates and used their full names--they ended up in jail specifically for that reason--and that's not the only reason keep my last name to myself. I have children to think of, and if you knew my situation, you wouldn't blame me one bit.

But does using one's real name matter anyway? No--plenty of people use different names in every industry. Even if I came out with my last name and face, which I plan on doing a soon as possible (have to wait until some things blow over in my personal life), I would still use this last name, as this is what everyone online knows me as.

Last edited:
Ex-Powerlifter..Now 56 !!!!

I can honestly say that powerlifting is the cause of my knee replacements.
I'm having my 1st knee replacement surgery Feb 10th...
I have blockage on the lower left side of my heart and my B.P has always been an it's been as high as 210/160. I also found out last Monday that I have type 2 diabetes.

My injectable doses were always within reason. The typical test both cyp and enan..3 cc's each, dianabol 50, deca 300 and the last 4-6 weeks before competition I would take as much as 7 Syntec drol. for 16 weeks. I later found the real finaject and jumped from the 242's to the 275... My squat went from high 600's to low 700's..With BOLASTERONE now that's crazy shit

My partner stayed on for 2 yrs straight and dam near died....

As far as equipment I used an old Ernie Frantz suit for training, never a bench shirt for training, all used suits, wraps for training and then everything new for competing....

Last edited:
I can honestly say that powerlifting is the cause of my knee replacements.
I'm having my 1st knee replacement surgery Feb 10th...
I have blockage on the lower left side of my heart and my B.P has always been an it's been as high as 210/160. I also found out last Monday that I have type 2 diabetes.

My injectable doses were always within reason. The typical test both cyp and enan..3 cc's each, dianabol 50, deca 300 and the last 4-6 weeks before competition I would take as much as 7 Syntec drol. for 16 weeks. I later found the real finaject and jumped from the 242's to the 275... My squat went from high 600's to low 700's..With BOLASTERONE now that's crazy shit

My partner stayed on for 2 yrs straight and dam near died....

As far as equipment I used an old Ernie Frantz suit for training, never a bench shirt for training, all used suits, wraps for training and then everything new for competing....
glad youre still with us bud

First name, yes, last name, no.

It would be pretty stupid of me to use my full name, especially in my situation. Many of the people I know--some on these boards--who've been big drug advocates and used their full names--they ended up in jail specifically for that reason--and that's not the only reason keep my last name to myself. I have children to think of, and if you knew my situation, you wouldn't blame me one bit.

But does using one's real name matter anyway? No--plenty of people use different names in every industry. Even if I came out with my last name and face, which I plan on doing a soon as possible (have to wait until some things blow over in my personal life), I would still use this last name, as this is what everyone online knows me as.

Why would you show yourself? I wouldn't...

Crazy industry, full of lunatics.

Why would you show yourself? I wouldn't...

Crazy industry, full of lunatics.

It lends a certain amount of credibility to the individual, at least in most people's eyes. It shouldn't, but it does. There is a reason why so many online drug users/advocates don't post their real names and faces--because they're breaking the law! It's even more risky if the individual is a well known online personality with influence--because if everyone online knows you, you better believe that L.E. does to and they care more about those individuals than your typical board member.

Still, we often see people tearing these individuals down for not posting their names and faces, but let me ask you this, how many people who provide the kind of open, uncensored information I do are putting their names and faces online? Hell, the typical board member won't even do so, even when they aren't talking about drugs.

It's these same people that like to bash others for not posting their names and faces. Total hypocrites. Or, you get the guys who do post their names and faces, bashing the one's who don't, but let me ask you this. How many of those people are posting the kind of information I and some others do? None. For the most part, they don't say shit. They just sit there, taking no risks whatsoever, and then attack those that do just because they are trying to protect themselves.

But let's say someone in my position did decide to plaster their name and face all over the Web. You would think that it would gain them the respect of their hypocritical detractors, right? Wrong. Anytime someone has done so, you get these same people--the one's who knock you for not posting your face and name--calling you a fucking idiot for doing the very thing they said you should do!

Case in point--Boston Lloyd. The guy is as open as they come and has no problem attaching a name and face to his words, yet the biggest criticism against him (outside of his often inaccurate information) is that he is an idiot for putting his name and face on the Web! You see it all over--people criticizing him for being foolish enough to show his name and face after putting out that kind of information. So, you really can't win either way. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

The last category of people who associate a name and face with their words are those who are no longer breaking the law. It is in their past, so they are now safe to post their "history". Even then, the information that comes from these people is usually limited.

Lastly, most of the coaches who do show their names and faces, such as Farah, Hany, Aceto, don't say a word about PED's, and if they do, it is always "safe" information. You will never find them making recommendations, admitting to use, or posting anything which would be deemed controversial or illegal by L.E.

Their is one final category of drug advocates who have attached a name and face to their words--the ones who end up in jail. Would you like me to rattle off a list, because it is quite long. I don't want to be among this group.

There are a lot of hypocrites out there--those who take no risks, yet expect those who do to leave themselves vulnerable. These people want to have their cake and eat it to. It's not good enough to provide this information--they also want the information givers to incriminate themselves.

That's why, when and if I put a face to my words, I will from that day forward approach things differently. It will likely be after I have stopped using AAS, and I can also guarantee that my writings will take a different path.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner