YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Couple Super-setting 6 stations in my gym driving me up a wall!

worldspan

NPC Judge
JUDGES
Registered
I train at a South Florida gym which opens weekdays at 5am.

Typically, 5 people walk in at 5am. Myself, a "couple", and two others who go off to do cardio. So just the couple and myself in the free weight area.

Well the guy in this couple, he must be some super disciple of super-setting. Most days he and the girlfriend are supersetting amongst 6 different free weight stations. My anger over this has been building for months and this morning I finally let loose on them. I needed to use the Smith and I politely asked them, "are you almost finished with the Smith" to which he arrogantly replied, "No, we have 4 more sets!"

4 more sets and they have been using that machine in rotation with 5 other stations for over 40 minutes ?!!!!!

Needless to say words were flying and while I was tempted to throw a punch, I played the good boy and walked away to where the regular Cybex machines were. I have spoken to the owners and we will see what they do about it.

Interestingly enough, I read in the most recent issue of MD apparently some university research has shown contrary to conventional wisdom that supersetting does ZERO in terms of adding on muscle, all it does is save time.

I've had enough of this couple!

WORLDSPAN

i get pissed when people take up only 2 machines. i would flip if i was in your situation..i would prolly just walk up to the machine are start using it anyways. screw being polite.

screw that. first ask him like you did, and if he says its not cool for you to use it just throw his weight off and start using it anyway. screw him he cant use 6 machines.

That would piss me off too. I would say, well I am working in and just take the station I wanted when they rotate.

There is a guy at my gym that does this. Quite a bit of time went by with me working around his crazy super sets and hogging machines.

Finally one day I had enough of waiting on him and I told him I needed the smith machine and he said he had 5 more sets. I told him I was going to go do 5 sets of something else and he better be done when I get back.

As he was leaving I said he can only use one piece of equipment whan I am in the gym :eek:

I haven't seen him in the gym anymore when I work out :D

That was one of my biggest complaints when using a public gym--not to mention, it's almost never a guy (or couple) that's in real good shape. WTF? Now, fortunately I only get in my own way in my gym--just the way I like it! :D

We live in a smaller metro area, so the only really good gym around attracts a mix of old, real old, people, serious guys and gals, and the color coordinated set. One evening about 4 weeks ago, I am there with the wife and oldest son, 22. We never go at 5 pm, but we had to do for some scheduling reason. It was leg day for all of us. There is only one leg extension machine at this gym. So we go to get in line. But there are two color coordinated girls with earrings in and make up on switiching back and forth between the leg curl and the leg extension. I asked if we could work into the rotation. "No, we're swtiching." After watching them do 6 sets each on each machine, with no apparent end in site, I decided to just go to the desk for a little support and to hopefully have these girls get educated on gym etiquette. Of course, as my luck would have it the desk girl was a memeber of the ya ya sisterhood. She came back to me and said we were wrong to ask to work in because they were switching. I remembered my divorce and how it is was fruitless to argue on the merits and we did not do any leg extensions that night.

This would get to me also. I would just simply use the machine thier asses weren't using at the time of the super sets, wether they like it or not. No person should control 6 machines, that is ridculous and lack of respect towards others who pay for memberships too.

We live in a smaller metro area, so the only really good gym around attracts a mix of old, real old, people, serious guys and gals, and the color coordinated set. One evening about 4 weeks ago, I am there with the wife and oldest son, 22. We never go at 5 pm, but we had to do for some scheduling reason. It was leg day for all of us. There is only one leg extension machine at this gym. So we go to get in line. But there are two color coordinated girls with earrings in and make up on switiching back and forth between the leg curl and the leg extension. I asked if we could work into the rotation. "No, we're swtiching." After watching them do 6 sets each on each machine, with no apparent end in site, I decided to just go to the desk for a little support and to hopefully have these girls get educated on gym etiquette. Of course, as my luck would have it the desk girl was a memeber of the ya ya sisterhood. She came back to me and said we were wrong to ask to work in because they were switching. I remembered my divorce and how it is was fruitless to argue on the merits and we did not do any leg extensions that night.

This happens a lot in my gym, females doing 6 sets of 100 with 10 lbs. Takes FOREVER and drives me insane.

This would get to me also. I would just simply use the machine thier asses weren't using at the time of the super sets, wether they like it or not. No person should control 6 machines, that is ridculous and lack of respect towards others who pay for memberships too.

bump to that. you have to share in a gym. It's freakin kindergarten 101 - share or get smacked. they dont like it, take it up with management. you did the right thing my man.

Great post, I agree, this would NOT breach gym etiquette.

Using 6 machines at the same time and pretending that people don´t say a word is ridiculous...

I could care less who you are. 2 machines are the most I would put up with. The second they said "5 more sets". I would have said, that's fine, I'll work out in between! And proceed to do so.

I could care less who you are. 2 machines are the most I would put up with. The second they said "5 more sets". I would have said, that's fine, I'll work out in between! And proceed to do so.

X2 Fuck them...i would just work in like it or not.

I don't even ask anymore, I just act stupid, ipod up loud so I cant hear anyone speaking, after my 1-2 min set they can have it back. No need to be polite when everyone else is an azz.

Damb Boom, thats gotta be the best avatar yet ...

:love::love::love::love::love:...

Had this happen several months ago.

Went over to the smith to do some behind the neck presses.

A tall bald guy has a 45 on each side and he's doing bench presses.

I wait for him to finish his set and politely ask him "how many sets do you have left?"

To which he replies, "20", my jaw must have dropped because he asked me if there was a problem, to which I replied "thats alot of sets to bogart 1 peice of equipment". He just smiled and laughed.

I was in a good mood that day, so i just let it go.

Whatever dude.

Have this shit happen to me all the time. Problem is it's usually a wal-mart type, train more for less, trainer who is doing 4-5 persons at the same time switching them around stations. Pisses me off! Can't really do much cuz he's in bed with mgmt and technically it's diff people using the machines... Gonna start calling them Kool & da Gang.

I train at a South Florida gym which opens weekdays at 5am.

Typically, 5 people walk in at 5am. Myself, a "couple", and two others who go off to do cardio. So just the couple and myself in the free weight area.

Well the guy in this couple, he must be some super disciple of super-setting. Most days he and the girlfriend are supersetting amongst 6 different free weight stations. My anger over this has been building for months and this morning I finally let loose on them. I needed to use the Smith and I politely asked them, "are you almost finished with the Smith" to which he arrogantly replied, "No, we have 4 more sets!"

4 more sets and they have been using that machine in rotation with 5 other stations for over 40 minutes ?!!!!!

Needless to say words were flying and while I was tempted to throw a punch, I played the good boy and walked away to where the regular Cybex machines were. I have spoken to the owners and we will see what they do about it.

Interestingly enough, I read in the most recent issue of MD apparently some university research has shown contrary to conventional wisdom that supersetting does ZERO in terms of adding on muscle, all it does is save time.

I've had enough of this couple!

WORLDSPAN

its very rude to hog equipment when everyone pays the same gym fees.

i have noticed at most gyms the offenders are always women and old people. while they have the same right to use equipment as others, they do not possess the right to be rude by interfering with others training.

Ahhhh, the assholes in the gym that take up and think they deserve it. Well, I agree with everything that was said and will even go further. And, when it's a pencil neck that you ask, how many more sets you have left, and they say 5. Here is the problem with the five sets, they are done wrong and it irks you already, second because they are done wrong you just don't want to wait anymore... so you tell him in a very polite manner, "listen you will get better results if you do them this way." Respond ALWAYS, I have been doing them like this all my life. . lmao. Now, I am very lucky, cause my gym is full of these pencil necks and I am close to 300lbs. usually I ask and they move, Usually. Then you run into the 135lb soaked in sweat "model" of the perfect man tell you they have 8 sets left of which they don't know what is correct form it it bit them on the ass. One thing I have learned over the years is that people act very strangely in front of heavy metal pushers.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws