over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Couture vs. Sylvia UFC 68

Zuke

Registered
Yep thats right boys. Randy " The Natural" Couture is coming out of retirment to fight Tim "The Maine-iac" Sylvia at UFC 68 I believe. Sylvia was going to fight Gonzaga because the UFC is in negotiations with Vera. Then the UFC realized that a Gonzaga vs. Sylvia main event will not get any buys.

I don't know about you guys...BUT i don't like this fight for Couture AT ALL. Sylvia is ALL WRONG for him. Time has a HUGE reach advantage, 11 years his junior,7 inches taller and 40lbs-50lbs heavier. I would LOVE for Randy to win more than anything. But this was a BAD way to make a comeack.

Randy was the No.1 challenger for the Light-Heavyweight belt less than a year ago. I would much rather see him comeback and STOMP Tito again. If Randy does beat Sylvia (I HOPE). He needs to retire and AVOID CRO COP AT ALL COST.

Just so everyone knows UFC 68 is in Columbus the same weekend as the Arnold Classic. Matt Hughes vs. Chris Lytle and Rich Franklin vs. Jason McDonald are also on the card.

I really think that Hughes has an ABSOLUTE cake walk. Chris Lytle has a better than average standup game, as he has some pro boxing fights under his belt. However, he is going to get OWNED by Matts wrestling and ju-jitsu.

Jason MaDonald (fellow Canadian) has been VERY impressive. I have seen some of his fights in Canada and knew he was underated. He has wins over Ed Herman and Chris Leben (overrated). I would love to see him submit Ace, I think thats his key to winning.

A buddy of mine attended a seminar put on in New Brunswick by JSP just a week after taking down Matt H. He said the guy was humble and super cool.

Boo

Last edited:
Zuke said:
Yep thats right boys. Randy " The Natural" Couture is coming out of retirment to fight Tim "The Maine-iac" Sylvia at UFC 68 I believe. Sylvia was going to fight Gonzaga because the UFC is in negotiations with Vera. Then the UFC realized that a Gonzaga vs. Sylvia main event will not get any buys.

I don't know about you guys...BUT i don't like this fight for Couture AT ALL. Sylvia is ALL WRONG for him. Time has a HUGE reach advantage, 11 years his junior,7 inches taller and 40lbs-50lbs heavier. I would LOVE for Randy to win more than anything. But this was a BAD way to make a comeack.

Randy was the No.1 challenger for the Light-Heavyweight belt less than a year ago. I would much rather see him comeback and STOMP Tito again. If Randy does beat Sylvia (I HOPE). He needs to retire and AVOID CRO COP AT ALL COST.

i agree, not a good idea on couture's part. i'd love to see him beat sylvia, but i just don't see that happening. personally, i think he needs to just stay retired

Zuke said:

Hmmm...I hope he beats him but you've listed some good disadvantages for Couture. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Gonzaga, he looked alot better at his last fight. But I see what you're saying about Sylvia being the main event on the card: no buys.

i would love to see randy win no doubt but on the other hand id really love to see him lose and i HOPE he does bc i want to see crocop beat the living piss outta fuckin tim!!!!!!!!!!

If i remember correctly both times Randy lost to Chuck was by getting hit with big shots at angles which is something Silvia doesnt do, he uses his reach and uses more straight punches which is something Randy is very good at getting around, he gets by straight punches by changing levels and getting the clinch and then the takedown. Randy will come in around 230 more than likely so he will have about a 30lb disadvantage.

Randy should be able to beat Silvia

Sylvia is big and a good fighter and Randy is a great fighter who is more than likely past his prime. I'd love to see Randy come in and take the title from him but I don't see it happening.

MMAFIGHTER said:
If i remember correctly both times Randy lost to Chuck was by getting hit with big shots at angles which is something Silvia doesnt do, he uses his reach and uses more straight punches which is something Randy is very good at getting around, he gets by straight punches by changing levels and getting the clinch and then the takedown. Randy will come in around 230 more than likely so he will have about a 30lb disadvantage.

Randy should be able to beat Silvia
I agree bro, 100%!!!

In other news, PRIDE has announced Dan Henderson vs. Wanderlei Silva for their 2nd US event.

Koevoet said:
In other news, PRIDE has announced Dan Henderson vs. Wanderlei Silva for their 2nd US event.
Oh yeah!!! I just watched their old fight yesterday on FSN and it was one hell of a fight! It will be interesting...Was Henderson never supposed to come over to UFC and fight Tim Silvia? Thought I heard that today...Also thought Pride was going down at some point for good and most everyone was prob. gonna cruz over to ufc....:confused:

every year the UFC keeps getting so much better, they are evolving as an organization. I agree Couture has picked a bad fight to come out of retirement too, he just was bit by the fight bug. He needs to stay in retirement in my opinion. Look at what happened with monson (another great wrestler) vs. Slyva it was so hard for Monson to do any thing, granted couture has a lot more skill but age is not on his side and also who knows how rusty hes going to be. In the end I think Randy has a good shot to win, but not good enough to come out of retirement, I just think randy has this idea that he can come out of retirement beat the champ and then retire again. I hope it works out for him, guys need to realize to stop when they are on top. Imagine how much better our Image of Ken would be if he would have stopped 2-3 years ago.

Im callin it right now!

Randy has some of the best takedowns in the game. He's not gonna try and stand w/ Tim. Randy takes him down and dominates with the ground and pound for the win! However, I wouldnt be suprised to see Randy win by submission!

Henderson vs Silva should be great, they're two of the most aggresive fighters I have seen.

Dave_19 said:
every year the UFC keeps getting so much better, they are evolving as an organization. I agree Couture has picked a bad fight to come out of retirement too, he just was bit by the fight bug. He needs to stay in retirement in my opinion. Look at what happened with monson (another great wrestler) vs. Slyva it was so hard for Monson to do any thing, granted couture has a lot more skill but age is not on his side and also who knows how rusty hes going to be. In the end I think Randy has a good shot to win, but not good enough to come out of retirement, I just think randy has this idea that he can come out of retirement beat the champ and then retire again. I hope it works out for him, guys need to realize to stop when they are on top. Imagine how much better our Image of Ken would be if he would have stopped 2-3 years ago.
Randy is still a world class athlete and knows what it takes to go 5-5 minute rounds, he still trains all the time so im sure he's still learning and evolving as a fighter as we speak not to mention staying in decent shape. Monson and Randys wrestling skills are completely different, Monson will shoot in for a takedown where as Randy can throw a big punch and move in for the clinch where he will take people down at will. Randy is very good from the clinch.

Zuke said:

Couture is the better fighter p4p but he is giving up too much size to SYlvia and he is past his prime and been KO'ed back to back. The reason Couture moved to LH was because the heavyweights were getting too big for him to deal with, and now he is moving back knowing he cant get a shot with Liddell anymore. I like Sylvia in the fight though I dont think he is a good fighter, maybe even by KO.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131