over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Couture vs. Sylvia UFC 68

tim has like 50+lb and 11years- on randy i think he will lose quick :( ...alex

Randy is going to have a VERY difficult time. Jeff Monson is an amazing wrestler and he has great submissions. Hence, he won the Abu Dabi wrestling and submissions. He is just as good as Randy on the ground now, if not better. Randy Couture would have made this a GREAT fight 4 years ago.

I hope I am wrong. I would love to see Randy win then retire. I hate Tim Sylvia. GO RANDY GO!!! JUST MAKE SURE IF YOU DO WIN RANDY TO RETIRE BEFORE YOU HAVE TO FIGHT CRO COP.

Randy will win...straight punches are not going to affect him...it would have to be something like Chuck's punches to hit him hard and...Randy will hit and the submit Tim...

Randy

It sounds like most of you, never wrestled or at high level of competition or have never fought before....I have done both. Silvia is only good because he is tall and has a long reach...this poses problems for guys that shoot...as Monson does. That’s why he had a hard time taking him down. As far as submissions, the reason Monson lost is, again, because of the huge height advantage. He couldn’t threaten with any elbows....which tends to open up your opponents for Kimuras, keylocks, etc.....

Now Randy is a great wrestler....but in Greco Roman, which is where you only use upper body tech. Usually the shorter guy has an advantage when it comes to throws...wrestling or Judo...I’ve done both.

The hardest part for Randy will be getting to the clinch....which shouldn’t be too much of a prob as said above Tim utilizes the Jab and cross...mostly.

The way I see it is Silvia will do his typically bounce up and down and "poke" at Couture for the first 2-3 minutes. Then Randy will slip a jab and get into a clinch against the fence. He will either then lock around the body and sweep the legs with his knee or wrap up the ankle.

Either way he ends in half or side.... then the elbows rain down.....look for a stoppage. Ill give credit where it is earned, Tim has heart and will not quite...read Frank Mir?!

Randy’s submissions are not that great. I think either late 1st or late 2nd.....if not its another BORING Tim fight. A great fight would be Monson and Couture....that would be some great wrestling.

I base the above on my experience as follows;
6'1
15% BF
10 yrs wrestling; 3rd World Team Trials, Lost to Les Gutches...Should know who that is)
16 Martial Arts exp;
- Jui Jitsu
- Aikido
- Judo

Train with a very well known UFC Veteran in the Midwest.

I reads in a popular MMA magazine that at least 20% MMA fighters Juice……thats great!!!

Is it Keith Hackney?

Zuke said:
Randy is going to have a VERY difficult time. Jeff Monson is an amazing wrestler and he has great submissions. Hence, he won the Abu Dabi wrestling and submissions. He is just as good as Randy on the ground now, if not better. Randy Couture would have made this a GREAT fight 4 years ago.

I hope I am wrong. I would love to see Randy win then retire. I hate Tim Sylvia. GO RANDY GO!!! JUST MAKE SURE IF YOU DO WIN RANDY TO RETIRE BEFORE YOU HAVE TO FIGHT CRO COP.

Randy signed a 4 fight deal w-ufc. Im sure he will fight crocop.
Some fighters have more heart than brains. Randy is one of them.
I just hope, he doesnt really get hurt, before finishing his 4 fights!
Randy said, he was as fast and strong ,as he ever was. LOL
Every, aging fighters last words!

cchrisjj said:
It sounds like most of you, never wrestled or at high level of competition or have never fought before....I have done both. Silvia is only good because he is tall and has a long reach...this poses problems for guys that shoot...as Monson does. That’s why he had a hard time taking him down. As far as submissions, the reason Monson lost is, again, because of the huge height advantage. He couldn’t threaten with any elbows....which tends to open up your opponents for Kimuras, keylocks, etc.....

Now Randy is a great wrestler....but in Greco Roman, which is where you only use upper body tech. Usually the shorter guy has an advantage when it comes to throws...wrestling or Judo...I’ve done both.

The hardest part for Randy will be getting to the clinch....which shouldn’t be too much of a prob as said above Tim utilizes the Jab and cross...mostly.

The way I see it is Silvia will do his typically bounce up and down and "poke" at Couture for the first 2-3 minutes. Then Randy will slip a jab and get into a clinch against the fence. He will either then lock around the body and sweep the legs with his knee or wrap up the ankle.

Either way he ends in half or side.... then the elbows rain down.....look for a stoppage. Ill give credit where it is earned, Tim has heart and will not quite...read Frank Mir?!

Randy’s submissions are not that great. I think either late 1st or late 2nd.....if not its another BORING Tim fight. A great fight would be Monson and Couture....that would be some great wrestling.

6'1
15% BF
10 yrs wrestling; 3rd World Team Trials, Lost to Les Gutches...Should know who that is)
16 Martial Arts exp;
- Jui Jitsu
- Aikido
- Judo

I reads in a popular MMA magazine that at least 20% MMA fighters Juice……thats great!!!

Hahaha, good stuff.
I sure hope it does go like that, it sounds good to me... I Just seen it all in my head :p

A buddy a mine said he seen couture recently On Joe vs Schmoe or something. He said he was looking pretty old, Like he has aged a bit and looked out of shape. Who knows..Id say even if he is/was He will be serious for this fight and come in shape. Ill be pulling for him! I hate ole Sylvia

cchrisjj said:

6'1
15% BF
16 Martial Arts exp;
- Jui Jitsu
- Aikido
- Judo

It's a bit like football or something of the sense in that if some others are going to have an advantage, I better play on the same level...I like it too!!! Makes it more exciting

Well I am VERY HAPPY I WAS WRONG. I was rooting for Randy, but always in the back of my mind I thought he would lose. I am NEVER doubting him again!

First punch thrown Sylvia was on his ass! I just wish Couture would of won with a KO instead of decision.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws