over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Covid-19 Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are fairly certain my wife has it. Has been having a hard time breathing and loses her breath during small talk. Dry deep cough. Problem is CDC only allowing testing if you have been to a known affected country/area or have had contact with a known person that has tested positive. The only other option is if you area was confirmed to have cases of community spread. She doesn't meet these but travels quite a bit (Nov, Dec, Jan, and Feb). Department of Health sent her to a ER where they tested for flu, did an x-ray of her lungs, and tested for something like 8000 other viruses that came back negative. Now she is on a list in case community spread in our area is confirmed and the Department of Health will call her back. Until then we can only treat the symptoms.

As Kal posted please don't treat this with ibuprofen. I read a post from about a doctor who had studied the Vienna's COVID-19 data that the vast majority of people who died from it, had ibuprofen in their system. Those who recovered did not take ibuprofen so if you have symptoms, take Paracetamol (or similar) based medicines.

I thought for sure my wife had it. She's an RN at a hospital where they have diagnosed 5 cases on her shift in her department. She has a nasty cough (no mucus) and just feels like crap. She wheezing and her breathing is restricted and very lethargic and weak. Temp is around 99.5 They were betting money she had it and the test came back negative. Apparently something else. They are having tons of people coming in her ER who think they have it but don't. There's so many bugs and viruses out there right now. All the positive COVID-19 cases they have seen all came in with 101-103 type temps.

I thought for sure my wife had it. She's an RN at a hospital where they have diagnosed 5 cases on her shift in her department. She has a nasty cough (no mucus) and just feels like crap. She wheezing and her breathing is restricted and very lethargic and weak. Temp is around 99.5 They were betting money she had it and the test came back negative. Apparently something else. They are having tons of people coming in her ER who think they have it but don't. There's so many bugs and viruses out there right now. All the positive COVID-19 cases they have seen all came in with 101-103 type temps.
There are many reports of false negatives on the tests also, especially the 2 reagent test they are currently using instead of the 3 reagent test recommended by the WHO. Also, in the study I posted above from the NEJM, most admitted cases didn't have a fever upon admission, although they did develop one later.
The most common symptoms were fever (43.8% on admission and 88.7% during hospitalization)

The fact is, most of us are going to get it, here in WA it has been circulating for two months or more, so lots of people have had it and haven't been tested. It's just like the flu, lots of people will get no symptoms at all, lots will get mild symptoms, etc. When a flu virus is going around, most of the population is exposed, this will be the same.

And BTW, this is a very distinct sickness that is centered completely in the lungs, something I have never had before, sure it could be something different, but it's highly unlikely.

I can't be sure, but I'm right at the epicenter of the outbreak, I never get sick, all symptoms fit perfectly, doctor agrees it is very likely, I'm 98% certain.

If you want to get philosophical, we can only be certain of one thing.
Are you near that nursing home? It seems to have spread from there some. Isnt there a way for you to get tested?

The two guys who think they have it, did it come on fast, or slow?

If it was just a normal sickness and you didn't have to isolate, would you take off work due to it? Would you have skipped your workouts? How is apetite? How bad is it from 1-10 if you had to rate it?

About 2.5 weeks ago a couple co workers got sick, then that night after my workout I felt done, then had a physical therapy session he massaged my chest I felt like death, just felt cold, fatigued, I literally bought 10 oranges, at them, passed out for 12 hours, was 70% better the next day then almost fine 2 days later, but some coughing did last for a week. Completely gone now.

Local government here is freaking out because it’s exploded the last 48hr , New Orleans is now second is cases per capita behind Seattle which had cases weeks before us.
I don’t know anyone personally but several second hand people (3) say the same thing as Kaladryn says , some symptoms are different intensity and manifest different in each of the three people all three of which are confirmed COVID-19 positive according to CDC (they are nurses)
Knowing nurses, have any of them spoke about how this is affecting the hospital or office where they work? Wondering how staffing is going. Are they going to run out of staff if people keep getting sick. Once they are sick they have to be quarantined at home, right? So no longer able to work for like 2 weeks or more. They say you aren't safe until you take a test and it comes back negative. Can take longer than 2 weeks even, so thats a long time away from working at the hospital.

There are many reports of false negatives on the tests also, especially the 2 reagent test they are currently using instead of the 3 reagent test recommended by the WHO. Also, in the study I posted above from the NEJM, most admitted cases didn't have a fever upon admission, although they did develop one later.

The fact is, most of us are going to get it, here in WA it has been circulating for two months or more, so lots of people have had it and haven't been tested. It's just like the flu, lots of people will get no symptoms at all, lots will get mild symptoms, etc. When a flu virus is going around, most of the population is exposed, this will be the same.

And BTW, this is a very distinct sickness that is centered completely in the lungs, something I have never had before, sure it could be something different, but it's highly unlikely.
Do we know anything about how those with asthma handle this? Both myself and one daughter have that. I have heart failure too. Scares me. im wondering how bad of a risk having asthma is, even for the young. Nobody has been talking about it.

So... I'm on my 3rd day with the virus, it's not as mild as I thought it would be, it's definitely primarily in my lungs but there isn't anything to cough up. Cough is really ragged, upper respiratory system is clogged up a bit. Using OTC meds to keep clear which seems to be working. Avoiding ibuprofen since it can lessen immune response (this is recommended). I'm still getting worse, not better, but I don't have a fever yet. As soon as I get a fever or if breathing gets difficult I'll contact the hospital. It's a little scary having your lungs this infected even though I'm still breathing fine.

BTW, the temperature checks are total BS, here is a great study posted in the New England Journal of Medicine, you can see under 50% of patients who felt sick enough to be admitted to the hospital didn't have a fever upon admission (although most of them developed one later, some didn't).

My wife, who is 15 years younger, doesn't seem to have any symptoms yet.

I haven't been tested yet but I'm in Washington state right around the area it's been circulating and the symptoms fit perfectly, I've spoken to my primary care doctor online, pretty sure I picked it up at the gym but it could have been Costco too, not that it matters. It doesn't feel like any other sickness I've had, it's all in the lungs but without mucus.
Brother I am sorry to hear this. Hope you have a speedy recovery.. when this first started happening I was like. No way this isn’t as bad as they are saying . Now I am
Like hold the fuck up. My house is on lock. My wife is a teacher so she is off with the girls for two weeks. My duo has bag head boss. The gov of the state!!! Has seemed all state dot highway workers essential employees. Fucking essential. I spent the whole day in a truck with 4 guys doing miracle mile labs around the county doing jack shit... hopefully he will get his head outta his ass and fend us home for two weeks.. it’s defeating the purpose of they are trying to keep things on wrap.... I thought we were in a national pandemic state of emergency... someone should contact this couch and tell him. Sorry for ranting . God be with you and yours . And get well...

Good site here from the Allergy and Asthma Foundation.

How Can I Tell the Difference Between the Coronavirus, the Flu, a Cold or Seasonal Allergies?
There are some symptoms that are similar between these respiratory illnesses. This chart can help you figure out if you may be feeling symptoms of allergies or a respiratory illness like COVID-19. If you have a fever and a cough, call your doctor.
respiratory-illness-chart-v3

It's exactly the same in my country. Plus I would rather just self isolate and be able to go on the comp etc and do my own thing whilst I start feeling better. It makes no real difference what virus I have I just know I won't be risking passing it on to any old people so I will do what I need to do. I don't get some people's opinions on this at times. Acting like it's a complete farse and just because if they will be fine then we should all just walk around passing it on to eachother. Stating old people are going to die anyway so why should we care and let nature run it's course. Maybe if their parents or grandparents contacted the virus they would have a different view. Maybe they have no parents etc and that's why they have such views. I couldn't care less about me having it and I went on holiday to a hot spot for the virus and maybe I caught it there but there is no chance I would be going anywhere near my parents if I felt I had it. Although I do think 1000's have this in most countries and are walking around without a care in the world so numbers will start doubling all over.
exactly. those deniers and tough talkers, i guess they place zero value on the lives of seniors. so what do they care if they act irresponsibly and go against the recommendations. its a shame they dont care about their fellow countrymen, only about their "liberty" or "freedom".
and then there's italy.

A good female friend of mine just got the official positive test result this morning. I saw her last week so Im tripping balls now but so far no symptoms for me but i've been self isolating in case im asymptomatic. She can barely walk up a few stairs without being completely gassed, wheezing for air. She's got the fever and a nasty cough to go with it. Doc told her that for now she just needs to quarantine cause there is no chest pain just shortness of breath. I've had 1 of my staff test positive as well but none of the others are showing symptoms. So it's been closer to me than i'd have liked

A good female friend of mine just got the official positive test result this morning. I saw her last week so Im tripping balls now but so far no symptoms for me but i've been self isolating in case im asymptomatic. She can barely walk up a few stairs without being completely gassed, wheezing for air. She's got the fever and a nasty cough to go with it. Doc told her that for now she just needs to quarantine cause there is no chest pain just shortness of breath. I've had 1 of my staff test positive as well but none of the others are showing symptoms. So it's been closer to me than i'd have liked
They are saying it may take up to two weeks for you to show any symptoms from the virus. That is the scary part. Meanwhile you think you are fine and spreading the disease wherever you go. That's why so many governments have instituted social distancing methods. I hope you don't get it. Sounds like you are still working now? So many places in our area are closed down or working from home.

My parents both think they have it. My father is 70 and mother is 69. I see them almost daily and either its covid19 or the worst bronchitis ive seen. Small fever and coughing very very bad. But not hacking up stuff just constant dry coughs and hard to catch breath. Been like this for a couple weeks n seems to be getting better last couple days but still sound bad. I was around them alot at first but minimized exposure recently but im not worried for myself at all and i seriously doubt they have much to worry about. There health isnt the best but better than most. I think way more ppl have it than realize and like with any other infectious sickness, sick ppl should stay away from others. But i think shutting down the world and destroying many ppl financially and steady chipping away at our freedoms is insane and the ppl shouldn't stand for it. By no means am i saying i or anyone else should harm there fellow citizens or am i saying i dont care if anyone gets sick and dies. Anyone dying or getting sick is a terrible thing and i am here to lend a hand to any fellow man that needs it without any fear for my own well being. All im asking is where does it end? And how much can ppl take b4 they reach there limit and say enough is enough. Cuz I've talked to a lot of ppl that aint gonna take it lying down if they keep limiting our freedoms to do what we choose to do. If its a couple weeks or even a month or so i think only ppl looking for a reason to act out will do anything crazy. But the gov't is taking away everyone's outlets for stress and enjoying life. No goin out to eat. No clubs or bars. Now liquor stores are closed. No school. No sports or concerts or outdoor hobbies that involve social interaction. The stores are low on everything and its hard to get alot of important foods n supplies for poor ppl that aint got money to stock up n live week to week. Now Amazon stopped shipping today. The message is stay at home in front of a screen and listen for the next thing we are gonna tell u that u cant do or place u cant go. And where does it end? What if we are successful at fighting this virus and only 5or10or even 25thousand ppl die from it in the USA? Are they gonna say next flu season is coming and we gotta shut down for the flu to save lives? And if u dont then u dont care if old ppl n kids live or die? Cuz the cdc.gov site says 55thousand ppl have died this flu season already. Im not worried about me. Ill be fine. Im concerned about ppl that wont be able to recover from this shut down or even make it through it. And im very concerned with the police being overly aggressive with ppl and getting on more of a power trip than they already are on. But i wish all of u that are feeling poor a speedy recovery and those that feel fine help others in need and be open minded and understanding of others cuz everyone doesn't need or strive for the same things in life. Staying clear of covid19 isnt the number one priority in life to everyone out there.

I know what your saying about it being centered around the lungs. Her and I had that dreaded talk last night if things turn bad that she would want to be put on a respirator and to help her fight all I could. With that said her doctor assured us again today that he's 99.9% hers is not COVID-19. He said he has seen some Influenza cases with very similar respiratory issues but she tested negative for that as well. Our state there has only been about 25 confirmed positives in a population of over 6 million. 5 of those cases went thru her facility. She's a critical care RN so I'm sure she got the testing the WHO suggested especially since her hospital had direct contact with COVID-19 cases and her patients she contacts are at extreme risk. She's off work for at least the next 10 days and has a doctors appt via Face Time on Friday so we will see what the future brings us.

Now Amazon stopped shipping today.
I don't think that is the case. From their site https://blog.aboutamazon.com/compan..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=7M95RDWQVVT1W29Z31KK :

"Serving our customers
We believe our role serving customers and the community during this time is a critical one, and we want to make sure our customers can get the items they need, when they need them. As COVID-19 has spread, we've recently seen an increase in people shopping online which has had an impact on how we serve our customers. So in the short term, we are making the decision to temporarily prioritize household staples, medical supplies and other high demand products coming into our fulfillment centers so we can more quickly receive, restock and ship these products to customers. We are working around the clock with our selling partners to ensure availability of these essential products, and continue to bring on additional capacity to deliver customer orders. March 17, 2020.
While Amazon will continue taking orders and shipping items from across our store, customers ordering items they don’t need immediately have the opportunity to help others by choosing No-Rush Shipping. Selecting the No-Rush option enables us to consolidate orders and make fewer stops in neighborhoods throughout the week, and most importantly, serve customers with the most critical needs first. March 17, 2020.
We're also working to ensure that no one artificially raises prices on basic need products during this pandemic and have blocked or removed tens of thousands of items, in line with our long-standing policy. We actively monitor our store and remove offers that violate our policy.
To protect customers shopping in our physical retail stores, we've enhanced our daily cleaning procedures and are implementing additional nightly cleaning. We continue to educate employees on CDC guidance for maintaining healthy habits, and are offering flexibility for employees who need to stay home, plus paid time off for those who are diagnosed with the virus.
Prime Now, Amazon Fresh, and Whole Foods Market delivery customers always have the option to select "unattended delivery" during checkout if they prefer not to come into contact with others. Orders not containing alcohol are eligible for unattended delivery, and will be left in a location specified by the customer."

The press conference today said that Amazon is hiring another 100,000 people! Minimum wage of $17/hr too. https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnko...livery-expansion-investing-350m/#23801dc31feb

Straight from my doctor's mouth via message 10 minutes ago, "...the tests have a relatively high degree of false negative."

Kaladryn, you have brilliant mind and the ability comprehend very complex subjects.

But . . . reading all your posts on this subject, it sounds like to me you are stuck in
analysis paralysis and are willing and able to find any evidence to suit your current
mindset, that is to not get yourself tested.

Am I right or am I wrong? (I can roll either way :))

Kaladryn, get tested.

Kaladryn, you have brilliant mind and the ability comprehend very complex subjects.

But . . . reading all your posts on this subject, it sounds like to me you are stuck in
analysis paralysis and are willing and able to find any evidence to suit your current
mindset, that is to not get yourself tested.

Am I right or am I wrong? (I can roll either way :))

Kaladryn, get tested.
So, I didn't start this thread to start a debate about if I had it or not, I thought I'd share the experience of someone who mostly likely has it so others who are going to contract it (most of us will likely be exposed) can have some information and place to share their stories too. I didn't expect this much debate lol.

About your comment, I absolutely want to get tested, but I cannot. Nowhere is testing here without a fever because of the CDC guidelines, you MUST have a fever to get tested. Not having a fever doesn't mean you don't have it, it means you probably don't have it that severely, or you haven't developed a fever yet. I even posted a study showing the rates for fever and they are low. Anyhow... I pressured my doctor about finding a way to test me (he is part of a clinic who are viral experts btw, long story on why he is my doc...) He said I had to have a fever but that my other symptoms fit, he also stated that testing is inconclusive at this point.

I feel like no one is reading what I post and reading other people's posts about it lol

My thinking is rather advanced on this and I've studied it extensively AND am going off of far more expert opinions than my own. Everything I have stated is from published studies and doctors. Those CDC guidelines came from those studies, originally.

So, I didn't start this thread to start a debate about if I had it or not, I thought I'd share the experience of someone who mostly likely has it so others who are going to contract it (most of us will likely be exposed) can have some information and place to share their stories too. I didn't expect this much debate lol.

About your comment, I absolutely want to get tested, but I cannot. Nowhere is testing here without a fever because of the CDC guidelines, you MUST have a fever to get tested. Not having a fever doesn't mean you don't have it, it means you probably don't have it that severely, or you haven't developed a fever yet. I even posted a study showing the rates for fever and they are low. Anyhow... I pressured my doctor about finding a way to test me (he is part of a clinic who are viral experts btw, long story on why he is my doc...) He said I had to have a fever but that my other symptoms fit, he also stated that testing is inconclusive at this point.

I feel like no one is reading what I post and reading other people's posts about it lol

My thinking is rather advanced on this and I've studied it extensively AND am going off of far more expert opinions than my own. Everything I have stated is from published studies and doctors. Those CDC guidelines came from those studies, originally.

Those guidelines are ridiculous; anybody where it is suspected that they may have it should be tested, fever or not. It would be better for more people to be tested that don't need to be tested than to miss out on testing some people that have it. Thats what happens when the government designs the system.

Also, the false negative and false positives that had been reported were from the original flawed tests I believe; which is part of the reason of the delay in them being available. The current tests should be highly reliable according to the press conference today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner