over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Covid-19 OTC remedies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell of a regiment. Do you only do this when recovering from being sick? Do you take anything to promote sleep?

hey whats up man. it's usually during winter and when I weigh more I need all the above. zicam and netty pod I don't seem to need when I'm cutting and weigh less. my guess is less overall inflammation.
yes melatonin 3mg.

I bet right about now you are truly hoping they paid attention and dosed those products accurately and with high quality raw material. Do you know how hard and expensive it is to test the raw ingredients, dose it correctly and then check to see you have made it correctly? I don't trust the products with 15 ingredients and I'm not sure why you do either.

Yes I am perfectly aware how expensive the raw ingredients are. Where did I write the products I take contain 15 ingredients? I don't usually take products that contains 15 ingredients apart from my greens/fruit powder. That contains about 50 so I can only hope for the best :D The 2 more stable/core products contain 4 and 11 ingredients and the later one is not cheap. The immunity stack I take contains about 4 (maybe 5) ingredients. The ZMA product I take contains a few things and that was quite expensive but I only bought it for the ZMA. The rest are individual supps I rotate in/out.

I don't trust most products either especially the ones that are cheaper to buy than the raw ingredients cost :D None of us truly know what every supplement we are taking contains unless we personally had the individual tub tested.

You think I hope they are what they state especially now? No I wouldn't be so stupid to think those supps would stop me getting coronavirus. I take them all anyway regardless of the virus outbreak. I try to keep my immune system strong at all times and if that can help with the virus (which they can) then great. Although I did add the immunity stack recently but not because of the virus. I had been away drinking/partying and not sleeping so my immune system took a beating and I randomly saw it in the pharmacy (was buying cold medicine) so just picked it up. A little bit of echinacea and blackurrant etc are not going to do much of anything but I just added it in. I run out of it soon and won't be buying it again. I just wanted a little boost after my holiday.

I use supplements as an addition and hope for the best and use some common sense when buying them (reviews and lab tests when possible). Most of the things I use have been backed from good sources but for some I have no idea and hope for the best. I don't stress about it as they are just additions. Pretty much 90% of the year my diet is full of fruits, vegetables, healthy fats and I am fairly active taking my dog out for over 2 hours every day. Those are the things I do to keep myself relatively healthy. I also don't get fat (maybe some bad bloating at times :eek:). Some supplements can be great for improving and keeping blood markers in range and I have seen that in myself so I continue to use them. But you don't have to worry yourself over the possibility I may be taking underdosed supps :D

Did you buy his "Guide for the Coronavirus"?
I'm sorry but anybody trying to make a buck off people in this environment is condemnable in my opinion.

Chris isn't the only social media personality that's underhandedly used this pandemic crisis in attempts to attain extra revenue. If you look at the cryptic conveyance of Selfhacked or whatever it's new entity is, as well Examine has done pretty much the same thing. They've used twists of verbage to pursue the masses they're on top of the supplement hysteria. They may have insightful information, tho it's of the same nature.

I agree, it wasn't a smart move on Chris's behalf.

However that may be, Chris has a gifted way of conveying how different KEGG pathways (metabolic pathways, genomic pathways, ect) are influenced by specific nutrients (vitamins and minerals). As well, how they may or may not facilitate in a nutraceutical manner.

Yes I did subscribe.

Nature broad spectrum anti-VIRAL.
Successfully been used to treat certain infections.
In this case upper respiratory infections.
Worth looking into. Ive been picking fresh leaves off an olive tree
cutting and adding tomy ginger tea. quite tasty.

The Effect of Olive Leaf Extract on Upper Respiratory Illness in High School Athletes: A Randomised Control Trial

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6412187/

Nature broad spectrum anti-VIRAL.
Successfully been used to treat certain infections.
In this case upper respiratory infections.
Worth looking into. Ive been picking fresh leaves off an olive tree
cutting and adding tomy ginger tea. quite tasty.

The Effect of Olive Leaf Extract on Upper Respiratory Illness in High School Athletes: A Randomised Control Trial

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6412187/
There was no significant difference in illness incidence (odds ratio (OR): 1.02 (95% confidence interval (CI) 0.21⁻4.44)), but there was a significant 28% reduction in sick days (OR: 0.72 (95% CI 0.56⁻0.93) p-value = 0.02) when supplemented with OLE.

Carvacrol is an interesting compound but like many natural compounds they have horrible bioavailability.

This is working in France, New York, South Korea, everywhere they use it.

It cant be working everywhere.

Dont you think Spain and Italy would have adopted this treatment by now?

Italy recorded 812 deaths in the last 24 hours and Spain 537.

I'm not sure if this exists yet, but can y'all post some otc vitamins, and what not that might be helpful.

A doctor mentioned high dosed vitamin c (iv) and high dose vitamin D for immune support.
Lauricidin is lauric acid found in coconut oil, bound to glycerol and is very effective as an antiviral.
Olive leaf extract, vitamin C, etc, etc are all good as mentioned in previous posts.
Naturopathic medicine also leads us to consuming onions and garlic daily to strengthen lung immunity.
The list goes on, and on, and QAUALITY sleep continues to be the leading factor in a good defense.

It cant be working everywhere.

Dont you think Spain and Italy would have adopted this treatment by now?

Italy recorded 812 deaths in the last 24 hours and Spain 537.
DO NOT TRUST THE FDA!!!
BIG PHARMA OWNS THEM!!!

I'm not sold on it as a viable "treatment".

By the sounds of it, when the COVID 19 patient is admitted to hospital with worsening symptoms treatment with HCQ this is pointless as its outside the 24-48hr incubation time. By that time the patient could be on day 3-4+. Symptoms worsen, then dont appear severe.
That’s why I want the drug onhand at home. I’m too stubborn to go to the hospital anyway. Some doctors who treat COVID-19 patients are taking one 200mg hydroxychloroquine pill twice a week and they’re are staying healthy.

That’s why I want the drug onhand at home. I’m too stubborn to go to the hospital anyway. Some doctors who treat COVID-19 patients are taking one 200mg hydroxychloroquine pill twice a week and they’re are staying healthy.

My girlfriend is a third year midwifery student and she's going to work (as a fully qualified midwife) in a couple of weeks. I am yet to hear of anything the NHS are doing in terms of prophylaxis in the UK yet.

It's not important because it's all bad but one website source must be off. I read Spain's was 812 (down from 838). I states Italy is actually down at 756 (from 969 and 889). I read France have just recorded their worst death day yesterday which was 418. It stated that only includes deaths in hospitals and not in nursing homes (etc) so the figures will be increased. They also have 5107 people on life support in France at the moment. In my country only 330 have died so far but the numbers of infected have shot up. Per million population my country is actually 2nd in the world and pretty much the same as Spain who are 1st.

I'm not sold on it as a viable "treatment".

By the sounds of it, when the COVID 19 patient is admitted to hospital with worsening symptoms treatment with HCQ this is pointless as its outside the 24-48hr incubation time. By that time the patient could be on day 3-4+. Symptoms worsen, then dont appear severe.

I am not sure what the window is when you have to first take the drug, but you are likely correct. But this is why I don't understand why we aren't being more proactive and using the protocol for prophylaxis for the high risk population; its only 2 pills per week. In addition, we should then do a better job of first diagnosing those cases in risky patients and start them on the treatment protocol immediately when the virus is first suspected. Everyone keeps talking about how serious this is and how every life counts, but then why aren't we using things like this that we already have in our arsenal to use.

I am not sure what the window is when you have to first take the drug, but you are likely correct. But this is why I don't understand why we aren't being more proactive and using the protocol for prophylaxis for the high risk population; its only 2 pills per week. In addition, we should then do a better job of first diagnosing those cases in risky patients and start them on the treatment protocol immediately when the virus is first suspected. Everyone keeps talking about how serious this is and how every life counts, but then why aren't we using things like this that we already have in our arsenal to use.

I hate to say it, but probably because there is more profit in developing a vaccine.

I hate to say it, but probably because there is more profit in developing a vaccine.

Also more profit in developing new drugs instead of using already existing inexpensive drugs. It would suck if that is really true, but I can't say I would surprised if it was.

Also more profit in developing new drugs instead of using already existing inexpensive drugs. It would suck if that is really true, but I can't say I would surprised if it was.

I hope its not true either, I was playing devils advocate more so.

I think too much global money has been been wiped off of companies for anyone to not really want this situation finished now.

There was no significant difference in illness incidence (odds ratio (OR): 1.02 (95% confidence interval (CI) 0.21⁻4.44)), but there was a significant 28% reduction in sick days (OR: 0.72 (95% CI 0.56⁻0.93) p-value = 0.02) when supplemented with OLE.

Carvacrol is an interesting compound but like many natural compounds they have horrible bioavailability.

Good point!

As well, if the sense is +/- and the nucleotide genomic make-up of a virus.

The challenge to denature or lessen fusion of a ssRNA retrovirus (reverse transcriptase) with "_______"<--- insert botanical, nutraceutical or whatever means of pharmaceutical agent may not have any effects on a dsRNA retrovirus or ss/dsDNA virus.

Not all viruses are created equally. Nor are they easy to eradicate.

This is where a tremendous amount of confusion is taking place.

Good point!

As well, if the sense is +/- and the nucleotide genomic make-up of a virus.

The challenge to denature or lessen fusion of a ssRNA retrovirus (reverse transcriptase) with "_______"<--- insert botanical, nutraceutical or whatever means of pharmaceutical agent may not have any effects on a dsRNA retrovirus or ss/dsDNA virus.

Not all viruses are created equally. Nor are they easy to eradicate.

This is where a tremendous amount of confusion is taking place.
You are 100% correct.

RNA viruses include Ebola virus disease, SARS, COVID-19, rabies, common cold, influenza, hepatitis C, hepatitis E, West Nile fever, polio and measles.
There are some drugs that are designed as protease and reverse-transcriptase inhibitors to target specific sites and sequences within their respective enzymes. However these drugs can quickly become ineffective due to the fact that the gene sequences that code for the protease and the reverse transcriptase quickly mutate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner