over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Covid-19 OTC remedies

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is a bit out there but when he starts going into coronavirus remedies and he really knows his stuff. I know my supplements and this guy impresses me a lot. He mentions a lot of the things that have been discussed but has some really interesting tips. Definitely worth watching...

He's def a nut but I see where I would enjoy chatting with him. He does have some merit on some things.

For immune support...the first thing you guys would want to do is to prioritize keeping your liver and lipids as healthy as possible because the liver is actually linked to the immune system in a lot of ways. One of the ways is..we need a healthy liver to keep toxins (and that includes stuff that makes us sick, have the cold or flu) out of our blood stream. So for me..the first step is cessation of all oral anabolic. Of course..I don't drink..so that helps me a lot.
Now the second step is to introduce NAC and vitamin C (they work in strong synergy). Dosages for those are roughly 1,500 mg of each...3times a day)I don't know if I'm allowed to post brand names..but I like to use the brand that HPLC tests each and every single raw batch and comes from their own GMP facility in NJ.
The third step I believe is also extremely important..introduce TUDCA into your regime. Tudca flushes the liver of bile and toxins and is actually extremely effective. My eyes are much whiter and my skin looks much healthier now that I've introduced TUDCA. I buy the Tudca raw from a pure bulk supplement company.
And the third step is..eat as clean as possible..stay away from fast foods and Chinese restaurants lol.
I would also like to add another one..Ma Huang tea..also called Brigham tea. It's known a Mormon tea. Much healthier than Sinicia. Very good to keep lungs flushed of harmful bacteria and is actually VERY good for your kidneys and entire immune system.
Check that out as well.
[/QUI do powered vit c a few times a day. i eat clean as fk. train. trt small dose ment right now.. 1 1/2 gallons of water ed. the basics. i apologize im 51 whats TUDCA? Im old dog spec ops guy Love this site for info used sponsors here. Appreciate it bro

He's def a nut but I see where I would enjoy chatting with him. He does have some merit on some things.

That was my first thought. It's not just copy and paste with him he knows his stuff but is definitely a nut job :D Although he's an interesting character and they are the best to talk with. I was pleased he dismissed some of the crazy conspiracy theories as many like that literally believe them all. After all my partying I forget more things than I learn but I would try to keep up :eek::D

Can someone explain to me what diseases actually leave someone immune -supressed? It seems since the coronavirus that 50% of people claim they are, and 100% of people claim their parents are, and about 75% of people on the internet say they have a suppressed immune system. If this many people actually had a suppressed immune system it would not be suppressed, it would just be average.

I believe people who are undergoing chemo (currently) have a suppressed immune system, but is it permanent? I know HIV leads to one (duh). But I hear people sayin they have it just because they are old, or have high blood pressure, or don't eat meat, or have a thyroid problem, its getting insane how many people make this claim I guess as a plea for sympathy.

Can someone explain to me what diseases actually leave someone immune -supressed? It seems since the coronavirus that 50% of people claim they are, and 100% of people claim their parents are, and about 75% of people on the internet say they have a suppressed immune system. If this many people actually had a suppressed immune system it would not be suppressed, it would just be average.

I believe people who are undergoing chemo (currently) have a suppressed immune system, but is it permanent? I know HIV leads to one (duh). But I hear people sayin they have it just because they are old, or have high blood pressure, or don't eat meat, or have a thyroid problem, its getting insane how many people make this claim I guess as a plea for sympathy.

I had a kidney transplant a year ago and they suppress your immune system so that it doesn't attack the kidney which is foreign to the body. Anybody who has an autoimmune disease is also likely to take immunosuppression in order to protect the immune system from attacking the body; i.e. rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, etc..Also cancer patients.

They probably have herpes.

This is very confusing. I am a big fan of supplementation and I believe in supplementing key things...possibly even in higher than normal doses, but there has been a lot of talk about the cytokine storm which is your immune system sending help and it overcompensating which apparently causes or adds to all the problems. Damned if you do and damned if you don't...and no clue of what optimal ranges or doses are.

This is very confusing. I am a big fan of supplementation and I believe in supplementing key things...possibly even in higher than normal doses, but there has been a lot of talk about the cytokine storm which is your immune system sending help and it overcompensating which apparently causes or adds to all the problems. Damned if you do and damned if you don't...and no clue of what optimal ranges or doses are.

This is precisely why discussing Covis-19 "remedies" is a futile effort. A complete and total waste of time.

Rex.

I've got asthma/bronchitis (COPD) and high BP among other things. I'm 51 and lived with my parents who both smoked 2 pack/day cigarettes till I was in my early 20's. I'm an RN that works in a very busy level 1 trauma facility that is now ground zero for Covid-19 patients. Hawaii isn't NY or Cali as far as (+)#'s go so far but anything I can do to strengthen my immune system for the sake of my family and my parents (both in their mid 70's) I feel is worth my time, $ & effort. So I'm supplementing with NAC, Quercetin, Selenium, Zinc, D3 and a few others. I have this odd suspicion that kids & young teens are protected from Covid-19 because of their naturally high GH production. So I've started a small dose of GH daily and am considering adding MK 677 and Melatonin. I've got the triple cocktail (Hydroxychloroquine, Azithromycin and Zinc Picolinate) in hand just in case. The irony is I may have had it (SARS-CoV-2) back in early/mid Feb and have antibodies to it now. My wife and I were VERY sick with fever, severe unproductive cough & SOB. First me and then her about 5-6 days later. I've been married to her for 19 years and this was the first time I'd ever seen her sick other than having preeclampsia with our second daughter. Looking back know we both can't help but wonder?! The first US patient diagnosed with Covid-19 wasn't until Feb 20th FYI.

I've got asthma/bronchitis (COPD) and high BP among other things. I'm 51 and lived with my parents who both smoked 2 pack/day cigarettes till I was in my early 20's. I'm an RN that works in a very busy level 1 trauma facility that is now ground zero for Covid-19 patients. Hawaii isn't NY or Cali as far as (+)#'s go so far but anything I can do to strengthen my immune system for the sake of my family and my parents (both in their mid 70's) I feel is worth my time, $ & effort. So I'm supplementing with NAC, Quercetin, Selenium, Zinc, D3 and a few others. I have this odd suspicion that kids & young teens are protected from Covid-19 because of their naturally high GH production. So I've started a small dose of GH daily and am considering adding MK 677 and Melatonin. I've got the triple cocktail (Hydroxychloroquine, Azithromycin and Zinc Picolinate) in hand just in case. The irony is I may have had it (SARS-CoV-2) back in early/mid Feb and have antibodies to it now. My wife and I were VERY sick with fever, severe unproductive cough & SOB. First me and then her about 5-6 days later. I've been married to her for 19 years and this was the first time I'd ever seen her sick other than having preeclampsia with our second daughter. Looking back know we both can't help but wonder?! The first US patient diagnosed with Covid-19 wasn't until Feb 20th FYI.

You may have mentioned this but do you use a daily ICS?

I have been off mine for about a month now with no detriment.
I've always been leery of use in Flu season because of research I've read, but in Japan they had success treating some people with a local ICS.
I'm quite on the fence now...maybe best not to use unless infected for sure, and then it can mitigate local inflammation.

I stopped taking my daily Breo about a week ago. Up till then I was still having these bouts of SOB, like I couldn't breath deep. I FINALLY feel like my lung volume/capacity is back to where I was before getting sick.
My wife interestingly complains of the same thing, not being able to breath to her full lung capacity still. After reading how Covid-19 patients who have recovered have lung damage (fibrosis), I can't help but wonder.
I agree about not being on the ICS or rescue inhaler unless absolutely needed. I'm typically only on both for a few months out of the year and always as a result of acute bronchitis post upper respiratory infection. This last one was a whole new level of WTF?!

What about expectorants?

Definitely take a look into Brigham tea..AKA Mormon Tea..also known as Ma Huang. It's the American Ephedra version. Its the best expectorant, one of the strongest anti-histamines in the natural herbal world, and an incredible bronchodilator (which helps the lung health and breathing strength) and a nice little side effect..is that unlike Ephedra Sinicia (Chinese Ephedra)..the American version is MUCH healthier and ALSO gives a nice sweet energizing kick without that dirty racy feeling.
Should be no more than 28 or 30 a pound if you look hard enough in google. That should last at least 2 months. One heaping tsp is good.

Don't like this whole "boosting" the immune system.

Sounds like you're trying to induce an autoimmune disorder.

You don't want to boost to anything. Just be in good enough health to have a proper immune response to the virus if you come in contact with it.

So you would take nothing to improve upon an immune system that may not be optimal?
I have a number of preexisting health concerns that puts me at higher risk plus I'm 51 yrs/old.

Don't like this whole "boosting" the immune system.

Sounds like you're trying to induce an autoimmune disorder.

You don't want to boost to anything. Just be in good enough health to have a proper immune response to the virus if you come in contact with it.

Thanks, I've been reserved at mentioning the same thing as it would provoke a bit of controversy. I'm not up for a debate of this nature.

So you would take nothing to improve upon an immune system that may not be optimal?
I have a number of preexisting health concerns that puts me at higher risk plus I'm 51 yrs/old.

I'm not against this stuff per say.

There's just a frame of mind involved with this stuff that's interesting, and it's a reflection of modern day access as much as bodybuilding.

There's no evidence of loading up on any vitamins, minerals, or "immune" enhancing compounds that will help you fight against COVID transmission. Being healthy, having good blood pressure, not having excess bodyfat, low systemic inflammation, hydrated, and well slept will do more than slamming another pill or injecting B vitamins. People sleep 5 hours a night, and talk about what megadosing vitamin C is going to do for the immune system.

It's the same as the person taking 57 different health supplements, and looking to add more to their regime. If something helps help you push towards the direction of health that's good, but the kitchen sink approach doesn't do anything in the long term I think.

People also extract large conclusions from small disjointed studies. Just my opinion on this.

There's a point of adequate amounts of antioxidant capacity, immunological support. Then there's obsession and overkill. I'm not saying this specifically too you, so please don't take this wrong :)

I'm all about immunomodulatory approaches as it is, although I'm not changing my supplementary or food habits around this.

I'm taking the same thing I was prior. Knight9 and I had a similar conversation the other night.

Overall, hygiene is going to be your best defense.

I'm not against this stuff per say.

There's just a frame of mind involved with this stuff that's interesting, and it's a reflection of modern day access as much as bodybuilding.

There's no evidence of loading up on any vitamins, minerals, or "immune" enhancing compounds that will help you fight against COVID transmission. Being healthy, having good blood pressure, not having excess bodyfat, low systemic inflammation, hydrated, and well slept will do more than slamming another pill or injecting B vitamins. People sleep 5 hours a night, and talk about what megadosing vitamin C is going to do for the immune system.

It's the same as the person taking 57 different health supplements, and looking to add more to their regime. If something helps help you push towards the direction of health that's good, but the kitchen sink approach doesn't do anything in the long term I think.

People also extract large conclusions from small disjointed studies. Just my opinion on this.

Absolutely agree.

You see these "Immune Boosting Supplement Stacks" right now on social media and by supplement companies and shops trying to profit from this virus situation. I dont think they're selling nonsense, but a lot of these supplements I think one should be using anyway.

"Boosting" is a load of rubbish, supporting a health immune system response is not.

I've been writing through a new supplement company I own on IG called Defend Earth, about various supplements that promote a healthy immune system recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear