over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Covid-19 Prophylaxis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaccinations seem to be occurring fastest in Israel now.

“We do know that vaccines are decreasing the incidence of severe disease. That’s it,” he told AFP. “We do not know whether the vaccines are minimizing transmission.”
There is a question about if a vaccinated person can still spread the virus while they don't get sick.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/high-...ect-of-pfizer-shot-on-virus-transmission/amp/

I actually read a Dr on social media talk about Fauci discussing this earlier:

Q: How soon will we have enough evidence to know if mRNA vaccines protect recipient from asymptomatic infection or the ability to infect others?

A: Follow-up data are being collected from vaccine trial volunteers now. If there are significantly fewer asymptomatic infections & a lower level of virus in the noses of vaccine recipients, it would suggest a decreased ability to transmit the virus following vaccination.

Why do you find it funny? Appears it was not showing a good enough response so they dropped it. It makes sense to me, perhaps I am missing a punchline
Punchline? It wasn’t meant to be a joke- I said it’s funny meaning ODD when one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world chose a different direction. They are choosing to continue development of therapeutics as opposed to a vaccination. That’s a very big deal and yes I find it odd.

It funny that Merck abandoned the development of their vaccine.
I think the research was showing the effectiveness was way too low. Didn't report any dangers.

I think the research was showing the effectiveness was way too low. Didn't report any dangers.
This is a money business. They have 2 therapeutics that they are continuing. Why would you be zeroing in on advancing therapeutics for a virus that is currently being treated with a vaccination?

This is a money business. They have 2 therapeutics that they are continuing. Why would you be zeroing in on advancing therapeutics for a virus that is currently being treated with a vaccination?
Well, their vaccine was a dead end. Think they don't want to throw good money after bad.

You have a good point about the therapeutics. Perhaps they think there will still be a market in the future for them because they may be useful in treating other viruses. If covid-19 mutates enough that the vaccine becomes ineffective for the new strain, they will hit the jackpot with the new therapies.

Punchline? It wasn’t meant to be a joke- I said it’s funny meaning ODD when one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world chose a different direction. They are choosing to continue development of therapeutics as opposed to a vaccination. That’s a very big deal and yes I find it odd.

So if the early data showed that their vaccine was not that effective; you find it odd that they wouldn't continue to spend money on it to finish developing it and market it? Good thing you aren't running the company.

Reactions: Bio

There is a vaccine for the flu. Tamiflu never would have been invented if people used that same thought process.

So if the early data showed that their vaccine was not that effective; you find it odd that they wouldn't continue to spend money on it to finish developing it and market it? Good thing you aren't running the company.
That’s why you think they abandoned the vaccine - due to its efficacy? Do some more research on the pharmaceutical industry. Again, Merck is investing in further development of 2 therapeutics. I’m invested in the industry and this is a big deal.

That’s why you think they abandoned the vaccine - due to its efficacy? Do some more research on the pharmaceutical industry. Again, Merck is investing in further development of 2 therapeutics. I’m invested in the industry and this is a big deal.
Well, when you have two vaccines that are 95% effective, the decision to drop it was a smart one.

Right now the government is buying the vaccines and giving them out "free", I doubt they would buy a vaccine that is substandard.

That's what everyone is reporting. You have to understand that the only thing that the pharmaceutical industry cares about is the bottom line(money). Either the profitability was not going to be worth it or they were going to have trouble getting FDA approval for some reason. My guess is that they figure that by the time it is ready to hit the market, too many people will already be vaccinated and too many vaccines on the market that they can't justify spending more money on it.

That's what everyone is reporting. You have to understand that the only thing that the pharmaceutical industry cares about is the bottom line(money). Either the profitability was not going to be worth it or they were going to have trouble getting FDA approval for some reason. My guess is that they figure that by the time it is ready to hit the market, too many people will already be vaccinated and too many vaccines on the market that they can't justify spending more money on it.
This. The makers of this s vaccine are not out to save the few that would not handle the virus, they are to maximize profit. People understand what big pharma was about, but in 2020, people seemed to lose rationality and think they are a savior.

This. The makers of this s vaccine are not out to save the few that would not handle the virus, they are to maximize profit. People understand what big pharma was about, but in 2020, people seemed to lose rationality and think they are a savior.

Which people? What percent of people? You like to speak in absolutes and seem to know what all people think. Why does it have to be a love them or hate them scenario? One can be critical of an aspect or certain aspects of the pharmaceutical companies, or any company for that matter, and still appreciate and praise them where they deliver. It doesn't have to be an either, or, mindset. This goes for business, people, etc.

Right now the government is buying the vaccines and giving them out "free", I doubt they would buy a vaccine that is substandard.
Yes there are vaccines that are 95-98% effective but a number of variants have been discovered since the completion of those trials. How many more variants will arise and will it be 95% effective?

Which people? What percent of people? You like to speak in absolutes and seem to know what all people think. Why does it have to be a love them or hate them scenario? One can be critical of an aspect or certain aspects of the pharmaceutical companies, or any company for that matter, and still appreciate and praise them where they deliver. It doesn't have to be an either, or, mindset. This goes for business, people, etc.
Speaking about the general perception of "big pharma" as bing evil, example opiate epidemic. Yet many will dismiss those who don't want or trust the vaccine as "nutty conspiracy theorist"
." Both sides speak in abolutes. Same thing that happens when anyone who doesn't care about covid is labeled "anti science". The same scientists or whatever we call them that produced an opiate epidemic and overprecribe medications are the same scientists/companies that people now put their trust in. The whimsical attitude of society is mind boggling to me at least.

3rd option for vaccine now pending. Nice that its just one shot.

Speaking about the general perception of "big pharma" as bing evil, example opiate epidemic. Yet many will dismiss those who don't want or trust the vaccine as "nutty conspiracy theorist"
." Both sides speak in abolutes. Same thing that happens when anyone who doesn't care about covid is labeled "anti science". The same scientists or whatever we call them that produced an opiate epidemic and overprecribe medications are the same scientists/companies that people now put their trust in. The whimsical attitude of society is mind boggling to me at least.
Both you and Bio have good points about the subject. Nothing is ever a simple black or white.

Reactions: Bio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members