over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Covid-19 Prophylaxis

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet here we go....more posts about conspiracy and evil plots. JFC.....isn’t there some other echo chamber where you all can posts this stuff and have people confirm your existing biases so you can feel justified?

I know it’s partly my fault for even opening these threads, but maybe I need to step away from PM for a while until people come to their senses and stop putting personal anecdote before science.

Stop this nonsense. This is from 16 years ago now - science is about evolving knowledge. It's now pretty well supported that HCQ isn't effective against the current coronavirus variant(s). Here's one recent article supporting this: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2022926

You're just confusing people. stop

Did you actually read the study? Basically it is saying that giving people HCQ that are already in the hospital with life threatening covid, wasn't beneficial. How does that refute the claim that giving HCQ as prophylaxis or within 48 hours of onset of symptoms that it will be beneficial? One of its mechanisms of actions is that it prevents cellular replication. So once it has replicated enough, you aren't going to stop it. It would be like comparing trying to put out a shoe on fire with a whole room already engulfed in flames. You could probably pee on the shoe and put it out. But peeing isn't going to do shit when the whole room is on fire. I already discussed this very topic with you in this very same thread previously(even used the fire analogy, I'm pretty sure). It really isn't complicated to understand.

Did you actually read the study? Basically it is saying that giving people HCQ that are already in the hospital with life threatening covid, wasn't beneficial. How does that refute the claim that giving HCQ as prophylaxis or within 48 hours of onset of symptoms that it will be beneficial? One of its mechanisms of actions is that it prevents cellular replication. So once it has replicated enough, you aren't going to stop it. It would be like comparing trying to put out a shoe on fire with a whole room already engulfed in flames. You could probably pee on the shoe and put it out. But peeing isn't going to do shit when the whole room is on fire. I already discussed this very topic with you in this very same thread previously(even used the fire analogy, I'm pretty sure). It really isn't complicated to understand.

If you can show me evidence (clinical studies and current) for what you're saying then I'll bite, otherwise I don't want to engage.

If you can show me evidence (clinical studies and current) for what you're saying then I'll bite, otherwise I don't want to engage.

We've already had this discussion ad nauseum earlier in the thread; which is why I was surprised you posted the same BS which has nothing to do with the claims being made about HCQ.

We've already had this discussion ad nauseum earlier in the thread; which is why I was surprised you posted the same BS which has nothing to do with the claims being made about HCQ.
This is the last response to you: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2771265.

There are also medrxiv preprints that found similar things.

Translatability is what seems to be difficult for people to understand. Not everything that works in-vitro translates to humans

And yet here we go....more posts about conspiracy and evil plots. JFC.....isn’t there some other echo chamber where you all can posts this stuff and have people confirm your existing biases so you can feel justified?

I know it’s partly my fault for even opening these threads, but maybe I need to step away from PM for a while until people come to their senses and stop putting personal anecdote before science.

Just my .02 and im sure you don't give a second thought to opinions of those like me, but your posts on this topic since the beginning are extremely condescending and this may be part of the big picture of why you seem so frustrated by this topic. You will not accept, relate, or give relevance to any opinion that is different than your own. And trust me, not everyone shares your opinion on covid, collectivism, how politics intertwine this this entire issue, and the vaccine.

Bottom line is there are doctors who have had tremendous success prescribing the HCQ cocktail. That’s what SCIENCE and medicine is all about. Not everyone treats patients with the sane medicine or procedures etc that’s why people go for second opinions. The COVID-19 virus became political from day 1. Never in the history of this country have doctors and scientists been censored or threatened because they offered a different approach or treatment. It’s total bullshit.

Maybe you need to come to your senses and understand that not everyone is going to think the way that you do. People have the right to their opinion and if you disagree with it- who cares. That’s what pisses me off most about people like you who feel the need to put down others for having a different perspective. When everyone thinks the same then we are in big trouble as a civilization.

Maybe you need to come to your senses and understand that not everyone is going to think the way that you do. People have the right to their opinion and if you disagree with it- who cares. That’s what pisses me off most about people like you who feel the need to put down others for having a different perspective. When everyone thinks the same then we are in big trouble as a civilization.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.
I take the side of facts and evidence, not opinion and anecdote.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not facts. The earth is not flat, regardless of someone's passion that it is.

I'm taking a break. Enjoy my absence guys.

Your an ass man

Just as a point of reference, where I am at in the USA they have stopped putting daily Covid counts on front page of news website for msn because the counts are too low and hospitalizations are at a decent level. Gyms are open, schools open for the most part, dine in open, etc, but all at reduced limits. Vaccines are getting taken, demand is greater than supply but we are already at 65 and up from 80 and up and only docs and nurses. Out of all the people I know who have had Covid and there have been a ton, no one has gotten hcq or anti bodies or anything, just oxygen and normal stuff for pneumonia for those that developed it.
People are still dying and getting sick and it is no fun, maybe these variants are going to kill us all, but at least where I am at right now, life is somewhat normal and things are tending in the right direction. All we hear is bad news and gloom and doom, and that is not the full picture. I cannot speak for bigger places like New York and Los Angeles, maybe they are disasters right now (more so than usual haha!), but they are not the whole story, just a piece.

As an add on, mask compliance is high here from what I see. Though many I know don’t really like it and are not personally sure if it works and don’t wear it unless they have to, but when they have to, they wear it and somewhat properly, noses are covered, but maybe that is just because it is so cold.

Does mask wearing not only help prevent spread but does it help against viral load?, does it help possibly lessen severity of sickness? That is a question I would like to know and I believe this may be correct area to ask.

Now I don’t want to wear these things forever or regularly, I would never advocate for that, but just wondering as it seems helpful during limited somewhat duration of extreme nature, which will not last or be necessary forever.

This has gone downhill for the last time. I'm tired of warning after warning about getting off topic. Some of you pseudo scientists use your lack of scientific knowledge as an all encompassing base for a subject that have no ability to completely comprehend. Just taking bits and pieces to support ones scientifically lacking narrative is getting old.

Back to bodybuilding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510