over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Covid-19 Prophylaxis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx..so 250mg zinc picolinate? That seems high and potentially toxic and will throw copper levels off soon enough. Rex or anyone else?
You either take 220mg Zinc Sulfate (if you can find it) or 250mg Zinc Picolinate to get 50mg of elemental zinc. You could supplement with copper but remember, your only taking this regimen for 5-6 days.

IMO Chris Masterjohn, PhD is in the top-tier of intelligent minds when it comes to nutritional sciences. Maybe I'm being partial due to he taught nutritional sciences at my alma mater, UofI.

"1:42:25 Supplementation of zinc (What form? Citrate, acetate, gluconate, picolinate, oxide? What dose? When to take it?)"

Thanks, Stewie!

I agree with his stance that it is probably not needed in a zinc-rich diet. I think in the case of taking it in supplement form as it relates to the coronavirus, it may be good to have on hand if diet suffers over those few days to a week as a 'just in case' measure...your thoughts? Or, is it just nitpicking?

When i'm sick, I usually lose my appetite to eat my normal healthy daily meals, especially in the presence of a fever. Do you feel having a small stash on hand during this type of period would be beneficial....mainly if using in combination with one of the HCQ/Zithro protocol?

I think I seen a pediatrician doctor on the news from your job the other day?

Stay safe, Stew:)

Thanks, Stewie!

I agree with his stance that it is probably not needed in a zinc-rich diet. I think in the case of taking it in supplement form as it relates to the coronavirus, it may be good to have on hand if diet suffers over those few days to a week as a 'just in case' measure...your thoughts? Or, is it just nitpicking?

When i'm sick, I usually lose my appetite to eat my normal healthy daily meals, especially in the presence of a fever. Do you feel having a small stash on hand during this type of period would be beneficial....mainly if using in combination with one of the HCQ/Zithro protocol?

I think I seen a pediatrician doctor on the news from your job the other day?

Stay safe, Stew:)

I've often supplemented with 50mg Zinc Picolinate from Now Foods for health and longevity. Other times, I use Thorne Zinc Picolinate 30mg. Occasionally I double up. I've also taken Zinc Balance from Jarrow that has copper along with it and is 15mg per pill so I can toggle between 15 and 60 with more appropriate doses like 30 and 45. I'm not more educated than Masterjohn...but the fact that he basically fucks off Zinc Picolinate concerns me since the smartest of the smart 'dumb shit bodybuilders' and 'fitness' people have deemed it the most bio available Zinc around for quite some time now.

My greatest fear "-What is the underlying medical conditions that are high risk? Heart disease do the worst - the virus causes myocarditis as well." I was afraid of that. Ive got asthma too.

Stay safe man, my hope is that the first people to get the cure or vaccine are those like you who are at greater risk. I would let you cut me in line!

Stay safe man, my hope is that the first people to get the cure or vaccine are those like you who are at greater risk. I would let you cut me in line!
Ill stand in line all day if I have to, to get this as soon as it comes out. With my heart failure and asthma I will be high priority so I should get it early. im hoping they have one within 1 year from now, late March. I wish it would be earlier. Has anyone heard a credible person say that it will be sooner?

If it doesn't come out earlier I will most probably be stuck in this house for the next 12 months like I have been so far. Just go out into my yard or for walks. Never thought life would be reduced to this. The whole time Ill have to worry about my family bringing it home to me. I cant possibly expect the rest of my family to continue this for an entire year. There really isnt a way for any at risk person to totally isolate, it is IMPOSSIBLE.

You either take 220mg Zinc Sulfate (if you can find it) or 250mg Zinc Picolinate to get 50mg of elemental zinc. You could supplement with copper but remember, your only taking this regimen for 5-6 days.

I thought on supplements in the USA at least, the mg amount on the serving size is the elemental amount? Like, a label of 50mg of vitamin "x" takes into account the weight of whatever the vitamin is bonded to.

I thought on supplements in the USA at least, the mg amount on the serving size is the elemental amount? Like, a label of 50mg of vitamin "x" takes into account the weight of whatever the vitamin is bonded to.
Seems that way to me. 25mg zinc here in these tabs.

Nothing in the description you posted Maldorf lists that particular zinc supplements "elemental" zinc %. Read the above article.

Ask yourself, why does the drug cocktail call for such a large dose of zinc in the first place...220mg/day?
That's a whopping dose of zinc right? How else are you going to replicate 220mg of zinc if you can't find zinc sulfate at 220mg/tab?
It's important to remember that this regimen of Hydroxycloriquine, Azithromycin & zinc is for only 5-6 days. We're not
talking weeks on end so for such a short duration I don't think taking a copper supplement would be necessary.

Nothing in the description you posted Maldorf lists that particular zinc supplements "elemental" zinc %. Read the above article.

Ask yourself, why does the drug cocktail call for such a large dose of zinc in the first place...220mg/day?
That's a whopping dose of zinc right? How else are you going to replicate 220mg of zinc if you can't find zinc sulfate at 220mg/tab?
It's important to remember that this regimen of Hydroxycloriquine, Azithromycin & zinc is for only 5-6 days. We're not
talking weeks on end so for such a short duration I don't think taking a copper supplement would be necessary.
I missed that originally, I saw that 227% and thought that was the mass of the zinc picolinate. Needed to look closer. You would have to find the molecular mass of zinc picolinate and do the calculation using % mass to figure the mass of zinc in 25 mg of the zinc picolinate. Wouldn't be too hard to do, but they need to list that on the bottle.

That label for zinc is hard to tell what they are saying the dose of zinc is. Now after reading the label on their Iron it makes me think that those Zinc tablets really do have 25 mg of Zinc and that the zinc picolinate has a much higher mass. That's how it is on these Iron tablets.

The iron tablets have a much better label on the back that breaks it down into iron vs iron sulfate. These iron tables are 205 mg iron sulfate which is 65 mg iron. Its probably that way for the zinc too since it says the zinc is 227% of the RDA. RDA: "The Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for zinc is 8 mg for women and 11 mg for men. The Institute of Medicine (IOM) lists the tolerable upper intake level (UL) for zinc as 40 mg for women and men."

So, yeah I was originally right about those zinc picolinate tabs having 25 mg each of zinc.

Google...
How much elemental zinc in 50mg of zinc picolinate?

Google...
How much elemental zinc in 50mg of zinc picolinate?
Comparing the zinc label to the iron label I provided shows that the amount they list for the element is the actual amount. For some reason on the zinc bottle they dont list the mass of the zinc picolinate. So those tablets must be 119 mg of zinc picolinate. If that isn't true then the label is lying when it says that each tablet is 227% of the RDA. The RDA is 11 mg for men. Math works out.

Do what I'm asking you to do please...

Now Google
How much elemental zinc in zinc sulfate?

Comparing the zinc label to the iron label I provided shows that the amount they list for the element is the actual amount. For some reason on the zinc bottle they dont list the mass of the zinc picolinate. So those tablets must be 119 mg of zinc picolinate. If that isn't true then the label is lying when it says that each tablet is 227% of the RDA. The RDA is 11 mg for men. Math works out.

There is some disparity here and I'm not sure why?

There is some disparity here and I'm not sure why?
Those tablets have to be marked right at 25mg,based on my findings.

Hydroxychloroquine has just been authorized by the FDA right now.

I stand corrected. Math doesn't lie. Well, maybe it does if your doing your own taxes.
Why do the makers of zinc sulfate market their products as 220mg while all the other makers of zinc supplements market them differently?
I agree Maldorf, when you do the math it makes sense. So the labels claim on both the front and in its Supplement Facts are that particular zincs elemental amount & % daily value.
So 50mg of zinc picolinate means 50mg of elemental zinc. Sorry Knight9, my bad!

I may just eat 2-3 big oysters per day for 6 days after this exercise in futility!
I really don't like oysters.

Hydroxychloroquine has just been authorized by the FDA right now.
Good! I feel a little better about things now. From the looks of it, we are going to need it in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner