over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Covid-19 Prophylaxis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Feral

Registered
Just an FYI, exposed healthcare practitioners like myself have initiated Covid-19 prophylaxis. They've been doing it for a few weeks in harder hit countries with some purported success. Prophylactic studies have been initiated but are only about 1 week old. Some physicians are prophylactically dosing entire assisted living facilities/nursing homes, every resident. Current protocol we're following is the same as for malaria prophylaxis, hydroxychloroquine 400 mg po q wk on the same day every week x 10 weeks. You'll need 20 tabs. If you are not a healthcare worker or in a high risk group then prophylaxis is not for you. It may, in fact, seem irresponsible to post this but if you don't have fairly easy access it is unlikely you will be able to obtain it as restrictions are already being put in place. Unlike you complete fucking moronic assholes who hoard all the toilet paper while you congregate in mass at Costco and spread disease. But there are healthcare workers here and those at high risk who may want to consider. While Tamiflu is not particularly effective as a flu treatment, it is very effective for prophylaxis, 90%. We also see that hydroxychloroquine may be more effective as prophylaxis for malaria than for treatment.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04303507 This is the wrong drug, chloroquine, less effective more sides.

Current treatment for confirmed or suspected cases is hydroxychloroquine 400 mg po q12h on day 1, 200 mg po bid on days 2-5 plus a traditional Z-Pak. 95% cleared virus by day 6 with this protocol which was extensively used in South Korea, with and without azithromycin. South Korea has managed only 98 deaths despite having the fastest spread outside of Wuhan at one point. Out of 8,692 confirmed cases which places the mortality rate precisely in line with the common flu at .01%.

Like Tamiflu and Xofluza it is important that therapy is initiated within 24-48 hrs of symptom onset if treating, for maximal efficacy. Xofluza and Tamifu are both basically useless if started after 48h. Initiation of therapy with symptoms is paramount in acute anti-viral tx.

This perhaps the best treatment guidance document I have seen so far and will be updated as new information arises.

Stay safe!

Rex.

Its what they are using here as well (France) with mixed results.
Often added as a last line of offense... maybe decision to use it may
show more benefit if used earlier.
I am hopeful no one here will need it, prevention takes effort but we all need to do it.

Just an FYI, exposed healthcare practitioners like myself have initiated Covid-19 prophylaxis. They've been doing it for a few weeks in harder hit countries with some purported success. Prophylactic studies have been initiated but are only about 1 week old. Some physicians are prophylactically dosing entire assisted living facilities/nursing homes, every resident. Current protocol we're following is the same as for malaria prophylaxis, hydroxychloroquine 400 mg po q wk on the same day every week x 10 weeks. You'll need 20 tabs. If you are not a healthcare worker or in a high risk group then prophylaxis is not for you. It may, in fact, seem irresponsible to post this but if you don't have fairly easy access it is unlikely you will be able to obtain it as restrictions are already being put in place. Unlike you complete fucking moronic assholes who hoard all the toilet paper while you congregate in mass at Costco and spread disease. But there are healthcare workers here and those at high risk who may want to consider. While Tamiflu is not particularly effective as a flu treatment, it is very effective for prophylaxis, 90%. We also see that hydroxychloroquine may be more effective as prophylaxis for malaria than for treatment.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04303507 This is the wrong drug, chloroquine, less effective more sides.

Current treatment for confirmed or suspected cases is hydroxychloroquine 400 mg po q12h on day 1, 200 mg po bid on days 2-5 plus a traditional Z-Pak. 95% cleared virus by day 6 with this protocol which was extensively used in South Korea, with and without azithromycin. South Korea has managed only 98 deaths despite having the fastest spread outside of Wuhan at one point. Out of 8,692 confirmed cases which places the mortality rate precisely in line with the common flu at .01%.

Like Tamiflu and Xofluza it is important that therapy is initiated within 24-48 hrs of symptom onset if treating, for maximal efficacy. Xofluza and Tamifu are both basically useless if started after 48h. Initiation of therapy with symptoms is paramount in acute anti-viral tx.

This perhaps the best treatment guidance document I have seen so far and will be updated as new information arises.

Stay safe!

Rex.

what type of a healthcare worker are you? who recommended the regimen?

Its what they are using here as well (France) with mixed results.
Often added as a last line of offense... maybe decision to use it may
show more benefit if used earlier.
I am hopeful no one here will need it, prevention takes effort but we all need to do it.

It seems the Italians and perhaps France by your report initiated therapy too late initially. Last line of defense at this point appears should be remdesivir with Plaquenil being first within 24-48h of onset of symptoms. The mixed results are likely due to initiation of treatment vs onset of symptoms as you suggest. We'll see shortly if prophylaxis is effective but I feel pretty good about it. Once you're in ICU and you've been overwhelmed it's too late for Plaquenil and those people should be applying to Gilead for compassionate use remdesivir but Plaquenil does seem to have a small measure of efficacy even then thus the mixed results.

Rex.

I've seen that Montreal is doing a trial using Quercetin. Claiming it's almost as effective but the dosages may be too high.

Are there any side effects that may make it prohibitive for some patients/workers?

Stay safe!

Rex.

Serious question here, I do PT in many facilities and most if not all of my patients are in the high risk category. How do I go about getting the facilities or the patient doctors to initiate this prophylaxis? I mean obviously I can tell them about it, but most doctors don't actually listen to what some PT says and actually get offended that you would try to tell or discuss with them something that they might not be aware of. What would be the best approach in a situation like this? My mom also lives in a facility back in MD and would like to see her have access to this as well.

Stay safe!

Rex.
Thank you very much, Rex! This is much appreciated!!!

How necessary do you feel the Azithromycin is, Rex?

I'll get it regardless, unless you think it's not needed.

Getting hydroxychloroquine soon. I'm not high risk except an occasional trip to the store, though my wife works in a clinic, so we'll see.

so people being treated with hydroxychloroquine are feeling better (95% of cases) after 6 days if they are treated within 24-48 hours of contracting virus, is that correct? How does that differ from just riding the virus out? Aren't people normally feeling better after a week without medication?

If a situation occurs such that a younger not at risk person catches the virus, then passes it on to a higher risk person (old) - would you recommend this older person get a prescription for hydroxychloroquine right away then?

I'm personally not nervous at all about the virus. It sounds like it sucks, but its not a big deal for a strong person with good lungs. I am very nervous about the older people in my life though :(

Are there any side effects that may make it prohibitive for some patients/workers?
Well tolerated but diahorea common. Will probably have to take something to alleviate. My hunch is hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin very well could be the cure for this scourge. If it is no need right away for a vaccine. Good that Fauci is supportive of treating while doing further tests rather than waiting. It may not work for some cohorts but I have been reading this in other studies for the past 5 weeks. Hard to find the hydroxychloroquine or chroloquine right now but get some if you can or convince your doc to prescribe both pack and the Quine just in case you get COVID 19. Chances are a bunch of us just on this board will get in the next few months. Better safe than sorry. You can stock up on both drugs for less than the price of a 10 ml vial of deca.

Isn't this the med that the President has been talking about and the media has been pounding him on because it is not FDA approved yet?
Yep!! The same one. The media tried to claim Dr Fauci was not on board with it as a cure but the reality is that he was talking about wanting evidence before being optimistic whereas Trump was saying he "felt really good" about what he's been hearing. I been hearing the same thing. Stuff works. We heard today that the gov has ordered millions from different pharma companies & NY/LA are already beginning mass trials on it. I heard Dr Oz say that if this can be "cured" (out of the system) in 6 days it would be HUGE because a person can still be contagious for up to 20 days. 6 days and done. Imagine how quickly we can all get back to normal if this is the case. I'd love to get my hands on this stuff for my family as a preventative. I read that Montreal scientists are trying out Quercetin with almost the same results.

Stay safe!

Rex.

^^^great stuff ..thank you for posting brother

Stay safe!

Rex.

Are you seeing this drug as helpful?

The French study was pretty shaky if you ask me. There is a lot wrong with it.

A good friend of mine is a CRNA and while the team she works with is not on Prophylactic treatment yet, they have all been instructed to take daily doses of Claritin, high dose Mucinex (guaifenesin), as well as Flonase 2x/day. We are in a state that's about middle of the pack with positive cases.

What was the regimen again. I'm stupid, that looked confusing to me lol.

I wonder how much Quercetin they have been giving patients? This sounds almost to good to be true.

How necessary do you feel the Azithromycin is, Rex?

I'll get it regardless, unless you think it's not needed.

Getting hydroxychloroquine soon. I'm not high risk except an occasional trip to the store, though my wife works in a clinic, so we'll see.

I spoke with Dr David Boulware about this, he is the infectious disease doc running the PEP/post exposure prophylaxis study. They did not include azithromycin in PEP d/t QTc prolongation. Both are known to cause QTc lengthening, he explained out of an abundance of caution he decided to not include it for PEP. HCQ is known to cause QTc prolongation leading to torsades de pointes and sudden cardiac death. Azithromycin has been shown to prolong QTc as well but does not lead to torsades de pointes. Given these are outpatients without cardiac monitoring and the interaction between the two is unknown, he decided not to include it for PEP. But in truth we only see QTc prolongation rarely with chronic HCQ use so this concern is definitely way overblown for the vast majority and may not even be a real concern for anyone. Personally if I had confirmed infection I would include but currently not being used for PReP/pre exposure prophylaxis or PEP.

Rex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members