over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Covid-19 Prophylaxis

Status
Not open for further replies.

I received my second shot of the Pfizer vaccine this past Monday morning (3 weeks after my first).
No issues until about 8pm. Developed chills & a fever (100.3), joint pain especially in my hands, muscle aches, and a pounding headache.
Took some Tylenol and then proceeded to sleep for almost 12 hours under two comforters in sweat pants and a long sleeve shirt.
Woke up drenched and my only (new) symptom is a swollen lymph node in my left armpit. Spent all day on the couch napping.
Fever broke, muscle and joint pain is almost completely gone as well as the headache.

After the first shot I had a little delayed injection site pain (test Prop is much worse) and some fatigue that a good night
of sleep cured.

My experience may or may not be what you can expect if you were to get the vaccine. Am I glad I got it...hell yes!

Thank you for sharing this.

Interesting that the reaction was so different between injections.
Forgive my ignorance, but is there a difference in the content of the two doses?

The vaccine contains Nano particles of Aluminum, not the Aluminum that is in nature, is any study regarding if the Aluminum will and up in the brain?
Considering all the crap I've injected into my body over the past 30+ years, this vaccine (that may save my life) is the least of my concerns Emeric.

Thank you for sharing this.

Interesting that the reaction was so different between injections.
Forgive my ignorance, but is there a difference in the content of the two doses?

Zero difference. It's considered the booster. The exact same content & dose as the first. I know...it's got me scratching my head as well:)

Zero difference. It's considered the booster. The exact same content & dose as the first. I know...it's got me scratching my head as well:)
Is it just an immune reaction? It’s good information, my father and mother get their first dose this week. We’re all very relieved they will be getting it and we just want to move beyond this risk as a family.

Is it just an immune reaction? It’s good information, my father and mother get their first dose this week. We’re all very relieved they will be getting it and we just want to move beyond this risk as a family.
I know what you mean. My wife is getting shot #1 of the Moderna vaccine tomorrow.

Considering all the crap I've injected into my body over the past 30+ years, this vaccine (that may save my life) is the least of my concerns Emeric.
You are in charge for your self, my self will not take any type of virus vaccines. Nothing better than a very strong immune system.

You are in charge for your self, my self will not take any type of virus vaccines. Nothing better than a very strong immune system.
I do appreciate you looking out for me Emeric. Your one of the reasons I continue to remain on this board.
Your 10mg/day thread changed my life for the better.
The reality is I work directly with Covid + patients as an RN and our hospitalization #'s have gone up recently.
My parents are in their mid 70's and just 30 minutes away. Unfortunately we don't visit out of an abundance of caution.
I'm 52 and on medication for high BP and COPD. I've got a mortgage and two daughters to put through college.
Cashing in my chips now is not an option.

I do appreciate you looking out for me Emeric. Your one of the reasons I continue to remain on this board.
Your 10mg/day thread changed my life for the better.
The reality is I work directly with Covid + patients as an RN and our hospitalization #'s have gone up recently.
My parents are in their mid 70's and just 30 minutes away. Unfortunately we don't visit out of an abundance of caution.
I'm 52 and on medication for high BP and COPD. I've got a mortgage and two daughters to put through college.
Cashing in my chips now is not an option.
Thanks, I could share more with you in private.

My BP hasn't been a big issue after losing so much weight over the past 10 months. No palpitations.
Maldorf when your eligible I would just get it! Period!
Taking into consideration your heart issues I'd want to be as healthy as possible prior to getting both shots.
The first shot was nothing. The second was a whole different animal. Felt like a 36 hour flu.
My bet is you'll be fine.
I hope. Ive been concerned about that 2nd shot. Most of the problems im hearing happen then. As far as me getting healthy for the shot, not much luck there. I've been to the ER 3 or 4 times in the last 6 months.

Haven't been offered the shot as of yet. I still shelter inside my home like a hermit, rarely going out. Family too. Not sure when my chance will come.

I hope. Ive been concerned about that 2nd shot. Most of the problems im hearing happen then. As far as me getting healthy for the shot, not much luck there. I've been to the ER 3 or 4 times in the last 6 months.

Haven't been offered the shot as of yet. I still shelter inside my home like a hermit, rarely going out. Family too. Not sure when my chance will come.

the second is a booster to the first, reactions after the second were known in trails, I talk to someone the other day and after the booster they had mild body aches x 24hrs and lump in armpit ( lymph nodes ), my mother had mild MI a couple of years back has not had any adverse reactions at all even after the booster, her husband had a problem with arrhythmias over the last year or so and he has been issue free as well.

the second is a booster to the first, reactions after the second were known in trails, I talk to someone the other day and after the booster they had mild body aches x 24hrs and lump in armpit ( lymph nodes ), my mother had mild MI a couple of years back has not had any adverse reactions at all even after the booster, her husband had a problem with arrhythmias over the last year or so and he has been issue free as well.
Great to know, especially that the husband with arrhythmias had no issues. Seems like the worst trouble has been allergic reactions, but I've never has a reaction from a vaccine ever. The RNA tech just has me concerned since this is the first time ever used.

Even after getting the two vaccine shots, I will still not ever go out and always wear my mask. Once my family is vaccinated then they can relax things some. I won't be back to normal until this virus is wiped out.

Great to know, especially that the husband with arrhythmias had no issues. Seems like the worst trouble has been allergic reactions, but I've never has a reaction from a vaccine ever. The RNA tech just has me concerned since this is the first time ever used.

Even after getting the two vaccine shots, I will still not ever go out and always wear my mask. Once my family is vaccinated then they can relax things some. I won't be back to normal until this virus is wiped out.

i believe that Astra and J & J are adenovirus with J & J being a one and done.

Some think the virus won't ever go away, and be with us each year like the regular flu. Its here to stay.

One of my clients is the chief medical examiner for the county I live in. She's about 45 years old. She had 102 fever for close to 3 days after the second shot. Totally wrecked her this last Thurs-Sun and she's still getting nerve tingling on the arm the she got the shot.
I'll have to get the vaccine for travel later this year. Not looking forward to that reaction, if it happens

One of my clients is the chief medical examiner for the county I live in. She's about 45 years old. She had 102 fever for close to 3 days after the second shot. Totally wrecked her this last Thurs-Sun and she's still getting nerve tingling on the arm the she got the shot.
I'll have to get the vaccine for travel later this year. Not looking forward to that reaction, if it happens

Is this the Pfizer you are talking about?

Shes a doctor. What does she think about what happened to her? How does she feel about the vaccine now? Was that Pfizer or Moderna?

I'm thinking since both are mrna tech, the side effects should be very similar? The other components in the vaccine could be different.

Well, the point of vaccination is to develop the body's adaptive immune system to recognize and attack a specific antigen. Days after the first shot, your body has developed the antigen-specific T cells, B cells, and antibodies. So the second time the body encounters the antigen, those components of the body's adaptive immune system are locked and loaded and react very aggressively. Those T and B cells then pump out lots of cytokines which then leads to an inflammatory milieu and the type of symptoms you describe.

And it makes sense for the body to act this aggressively. Usually, the adaptive immune response would ensure that exposure to a previously fought virus would be very swift and prevent its growth in the body. So naturally, large amounts of the viral antigen would never occur if the first adaptive response was successful. The immune response is tuned to only fight small amounts of antigen, but when large amounts of them are injected into the body at once as part of a second vaccine shot, then the body falsely reads that as the infection being out of control and will overreact. Part of that may be autoimmunity.

So I would much rather take a vaccine where there is only onetime exposure, or where the shots are spaced apart for long periods so that the adaptive immune system has lost some of its potency (as with flu shots where the shots are spaced a year apart, and where the antigens are somewhat different year to year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear