over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CPAP and masks for sale, cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.I.Bro

Banned
Registered
I approved this post with K1.

I have some mild sleep apnea as many of you guys have. I have been using a CPAP for a couple years and got a new BiPAP machine. I love both and use it every night. Before I put the CPAP up for sale on ebay or something, I figured I would give you guys at ProMuscle a shot because we need it more than many and often some guys (younger bodybuilders) don't have insurance or stuff to allow them to get a sleep study and/or afford the pricier machines. The hordes of fat fucks on medicaid have no issue getting medical devices. I am letting all this stuff go for a decent price. I have two types of masks I am selling so you can get a feel for both and see which works best for you. A full face mask type or a nasal pillow type. It's highly preference based and also depends if you're a back sleeper or a side sleeper (I think). I prefer a nasal pillow because I get no leaks rolling from side to side where with a full face mask I did. But there are some other benefits to a full face mask (like it holds your mouth shut to prevent simultaneous mouth breathing).

"System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP with A-Flex - DS560P - A-Flex technology uses auto adjusting mode to increase and decrease CPAP pressure as needed.

http://www.usa.philips.com/healthcar...ar-auto-a-flex

**broken link removed** - Sold here for $868

**broken link removed** - Sold Here for $729"

Fisher Paykel Form Full Face Mask Headgear
Fisher Paykel Forma Full Face CPAP Mask & Headgear - priced here at $167

Fisher Paykel Pilairo Nasal Pillow Mask with Headgear
Fisher & Paykel Pilairo Nasal Pillow Mask - $115

Over $1,000 total based on this website's prices. I believe you can get the unit for cheaper at some other sites.

The carrying case, tubing, manual, masks and everything you need to get going is here and ready. Clean. All you need to do is add water and fire it up. It works fine, no issues. It is not even a very old unit this is the newer 60 series. I just don't need 2. The masks are not discolored, torn or anything. Barely used and clean. But obviously it may make people feel better to clean the soft rubber latex with mild soap before use. They are easy to clean.

I'll let it all go for $425, buyer pays shipping costs. Serious inquiries only, please.

p.s. any suggestions on doing this transaction in a way that prevents anyone from getting scammed (outside of using a service like ebay)? Selling here is actually more of a pain than just using a service like ebay but I'd rather sell it to a member here than some obese sloth from the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's cheap. No excuse for someone that needs it to keep him alive!

Why did you switch from a cpap and what benefits have you found?

BiPAP is a little more natural as it pulls on the exhale so you aren't exhaling out against incoming air and get resistance. You have more flexibility with pressure levels and things. People with severe sleep apnea, old people and bad copd or continued issues often get bumped up to a BiPAP. They are way more expensive, easily double the price across the board it seems. For most, a cpap works fine. I have bad late summer/fall allergy issues (ragweed) and need something with exhale pressure pull because my nasal passages get so inflamed and swollen, causing congestion, and it feels like I can't breathe out fully before inhale.

I just figured I'd give proM a shot before eBay. Bodybuilders are plagued by sleep apnea. Honestly, even with very mild apnea or sleep disturbance, snoring, etc, a cpap can make a huge difference in sleep quality. My sleep doc doesn't even have legit apnea but still uses one because he says it stops his snoring, increases oxygenation levels and gives him better quality sleep. He's into marathons and stuff. The trick is just getting over the hump in getting used to using one. It took me a while but now it's strange without it.

Last edited:
That is actually the exact opposite of how bipap works. I deal with this stuff for a living btw so I know what I'm talking about.

The only way to truly know which you need, bipap or cpap is to have a sleep study done. The pressures are titrated by a bunch of different factors. You simply can't just do it yourself and have it be 100 percent right.

That is actually the exact opposite of how bipap works. I deal with this stuff for a living btw so I know what I'm talking about.

The only way to truly know which you need, bipap or cpap is to have a sleep study done. The pressures are titrated by a bunch of different factors. You simply can't just do it yourself and have it be 100 percent right.

I did all that tri (sleep study, doc, etc), and I agree a doc is best, but some guys can't afford all that or don't have insurance. I know that's not technically described exactly right, it doesn't literally pull air on exhale. I'm just trying to describe the feeling/sensation in layman's terms to people. You know the tech better than I, obviously. Basically you do not "feel" like you're exhaling against resistance with BiPAP as much as you do with cpap (which is what c-flex or a-flex tech tries to mimic with a cpap, right) . This is what I was trying to describe. There are variable pressures for inhalation and exhalation, as you said, and the machine can actually adjust. It doesn't feel like you're exhaling out against air coming in.

BiPAP isn't necessary for most people though.

Do you choose to use one?

Last edited:
I was prescribed one, but I needed so much support I couldnt tolerate it. They had me go home on 17 over 15 lol. I had gastric insufflation soooo damn bad. I would wake up and just fart air for minutes at a time and it made my stomach feel horrible. They reduced the setting some and it was the same thing.

The way it works is cpap is one pressure and its there all the time. So if you are on cpap of 10cmh2o, that pressure never changes and its used to Stent your aiways open. If after that you still have a hard time moving air or are still collapsing your airways, they will try bipap. What that does is ADD pressure on top of the cpap when you breath in. So you still exhale against the cpap, but when you breath in you get more pressure.

I was prescribed one, but I needed so much support I couldnt tolerate it. They had me go home on 17 over 15 lol. I had gastric insufflation soooo damn bad. I would wake up and just fart air for minutes at a time and it made my stomach feel horrible. They reduced the setting some and it was the same thing.

The way it works is cpap is one pressure and its there all the time. So if you are on cpap of 10cmh2o, that pressure never changes and its used to Stent your aiways open. If after that you still have a hard time moving air or are still collapsing your airways, they will try bipap. What that does is ADD pressure on top of the cpap when you breath in. So you still exhale against the cpap, but when you breath in you get more pressure.

I notice almost none of that resistance sensation on exhale with BiPAP, and doc said that's a characteristic of it. But your description makes it seem like that wouldn't be the case. I guess it's the differential? He specifically said you'll feel less resistance on exhale.

It's funny you say that about GI because although I like the new BiPAP more, and it feels better breathing out for me, I have been waking up with a belly full of air that is quite painful at times. Any tips on reducing that? I wear a chin strap to keep mouth shut using nasal pillow mask. Doc played with the pressures some (decreased) remotely yesterday. Been playing with head/neck angles while sleeping that minimize it and things. Some nights I'm flawless and perfect, some I blow up like a balloon, can't figure out the trigger/cause.

So you don't use anything then? Not worried? Even with some GI and gas upon waking, it's still better sleep.

Btw, the pressure setting on cpap is basically a real average setting that will work fine for a broad range of people. But it can always be changed.

Last edited:
It really just comes down to how much pressure your esophagus can take before it opens and allows the pressure/air in.

I'm worried about it but I got a pillow that helps alot and I'm losing weight.

Great info..

I had an RT describe the therapy to me once and this pretty much is what I was told almost verbatim.

It really just comes down to how much pressure your esophagus can take before it opens and allows the pressure/air in.

I'm worried about it but I got a pillow that helps alot and I'm losing weight.
Got a link to that pillow?

The new BiPAP actually seems to cause the GI/stomach air more often for me, I guess because of higher pressure. I didn't get it very often with the regular cpap machine.

I too like the auto BiPap Better. It seems if you use high pressure (I do) it cuts down on the "Blowing up Balloons" feeling on exhale. My other systems did drop the pressure up to 3 on exhale I think but this difference is much more noticeable. And yes I went to the doctor and had a sleep test. (my third)

Doctor is best, but I set my machine on auto and let it be my doctor.

PWood

BTW I am pretty sure Ebay prohibits selling these items on its' site.

I too like the auto BiPap Better. It seems if you use high pressure (I do) it cuts down on the "Blowing up Balloons" feeling on exhale. My other systems did drop the pressure up to 3 on exhale I think but this difference is much more noticeable. And yes I went to the doctor and had a sleep test. (my third)

Doctor is best, but I set my machine on auto and let it be my doctor.

PWood

BTW I am pretty sure Ebay prohibits selling these items on its' site.
You may be right about eBay. I'd rather sell to a fellow PM'er anyway. I agree on BiPAP too. Only downside is I seem to get the bloated gut full of air more than with the cpap. The price difference is ridiculous too.

So what, nobody wants a cpap unit? Price too high or what? I want to move this thing and be done with it. I guess I should peddle it on a sleep apnea forum or something. [emoji6]

Last edited:
I think alot of guys just cant deal with having something over your face as you sleep. It took me a little while to get used to mine but I love it now.

I would be willing to bet there are quite a few guys that may not even know they have apnea. I recently saw two vidoes on youtube...one was Gabe Moen the huge dude and it showed his bedroom and sure enough there was his sleep apnea machine...the second was Matt Ogus, who is looking alot bigger than his past videos, and he is sleeping with one also. Pushing the body beyond one's genetic weight seems to result in it very fast. For me apnea came as soon as I jumped on gear...that initial 20 pound weight gain kicked it right off.

I think alot of guys just cant deal with having something over your face as you sleep. It took me a little while to get used to mine but I love it now.

I would be willing to bet there are quite a few guys that may not even know they have apnea. I recently saw two vidoes on youtube...one was Gabe Moen the huge dude and it showed his bedroom and sure enough there was his sleep apnea machine...the second was Matt Ogus, who is looking alot bigger than his past videos, and he is sleeping with one also. Pushing the body beyond one's genetic weight seems to result in it very fast. For me apnea came as soon as I jumped on gear...that initial 20 pound weight gain kicked it right off.
I agree with this 100%, that is basically how I was. I'm way past what my small joint, smaller frame body was meant to be. If I just ate like everyone else and didn't train, I'd weigh about 190lb with a little pot belly. This is why so many in this crowd probably have issues and need a sleep study done. But if you know you snore bad or your spouse tells you that you stop breathing and then wake up or snort yourself awake, etc, you would probably benefit. I didn't realize it until my wife commented on hearing me stop breathing then sort of snort myself away and roll around. If you know you likely have issues but don't have the insurance for the sleep study, new machine, etc. This post is for you.

Last edited:
The pillow is one of those bamboo pillows. Just google it, they usually have like a buy one get one free

I may be interested. Gonna check the links out in the morning, ready to sleep. I'd be able to pay through paypal.

My c-pap adjusts itself constantly to whatever pressure I need with every breath.

sleep with your chin as close as you can to your chest. Or lay on your side. Having your head propped up on a stack of pillows with your mouth wide open only lets more air go into your stomach. I have has abdominal distention so bad i couldn't go to work a couple times. Always have GasX handy. It actually works. And believe it or not drinking some diet sprite works. It will make you burp and help get rid of some of that air. When your on your side its actually easy to keep your chin "tucked in". My Bipap setting is really high as well. On my sleep study I had 57 "events" (disruption of sleep ) every hour without my machine.

I took a few photos of the model number on the back and looked it up at work. I actually have a better model number than the one I linked in OP (I was in a hurry that day). I cant edit it though. If a MOD would, that would be sweet.

g3vBManl.jpg

Its actually the System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP with A-Flex - DS560P - A-Flex technology uses auto adjusting mode to increase and decrease CPAP pressure as needed.

I am keeping the price the same though.

View details of Philips REMstar Auto with A-Flex

**broken link removed** - $729 here new

A dude sold just the unit on CPAP community forum for $385.
CPAP Community - View topic - SOLD -- $385 New PR System One REMStar 60 with A-Flex I'm offering all of it for $425.

This has the A-flex "Auto" pressure adjust like some other members have posted about above.

The A-Flex comfort feature is built on top of the REMstar Auto algorithm which provides the lowest pressure needed to keep the airway open during sleep. A-Flex adjusts to deliver pressure as needed to eliminate breathing events without raising it too high.

Definitely not a shitty CPAP by any means. I have no idea what the hour count is on it, but it cant be too much. I only used it consistently for like a year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members