over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CPAP machine leaving marks on face..

blackrock

Registered
Hey there seems a lot of people here who are using CPAP machines.

I was just prescribed to use one, and the mask is leaving a triangular mark on my face. Its a full mask meaning covers both nose and mouth. I dont want the mark obviously so I was wondering if there are any tips from people that have gone through it before?

I was thinking about buying these..

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/RemZzzs-CPAP-Mask-Liners-following/dp/B002XHBC50/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1383252343&sr=8-2&keywords=remzzzs+cpap+mask+liners"]Amazon.com: RemZzzs CPAP Mask Liners (Fits the following Full Face masks: RESMED QUATTRO - RESMED ULTRA MIRAGE - RESPIRONICS COMFORTGEL - RESPIRONICS COMFORTFULL 2): Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41X-gVNCaXL.@@AMEPARAM@@41X-gVNCaXL[/ame]

You could try this style mask. I actually find it more comfortable/maneuverable than that huge triangle mask.

**broken link removed**

I use just the nasal mask with my VPAP machine (I used to have a CPAP but my air pressure is now 19psi so they upgraded me) and I find it much more comfortable than the mouth/nose one. Have you tried the nasal ones at all?? As far as leaving those stupid marks the straps on the nasal mask I use still do that but they fade quickly

what if you breathe through the nose though

That mask is specifically for the nose. It's soft rubber and seals to each nostril. It still allows for nasal exhale if that's your concern.

I think it's much easier to wear and breathe with.

I tried the nasal only mask, but im generally a mouth breather when sleeping. Can quite easily breathe through my nose, but not when air being blown down it and having to clamp my mouth shut...after a few breaths felt like i was suffocating!!
Got given the full face mask and it works a dream. I to wake up with the marks, but they fade off quite quick. One issue i have is when im well in to my diet and get the skeleton face features..the mast just cant get a good seal!!!

Sorry I meant what if you breathe through the mouth.. On the nasal mask

Not to hijack. I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea. I feel like I never slept at all when i get up for work. Drag ass all day. I almost never dream and wake up 3 to 4 times a night for no reason and snore like a mule.

so my question is, was any of my symptoms the same as you guys had? and does the cpap machine really make that much of a difference?
Is it like night and day?

I'm tired of being tired!

Sorry I meant what if you breathe through the mouth.. On the nasal mask

In that case it may not work for you. In my experience, I would tend to breathe through my mouth when sleeping with apnea because I struggled to breathe so much. But with the mask breathing through my nose became easier. YMMV though.

If you have to keep the full mask I guess you could either deal with the marks, loosen it to some degree to eliminate or at least mitigate the marks, or try the product you posted.

Not to hijack. I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea. I feel like I never slept at all when i get up for work. Drag ass all day. I almost never dream and wake up 3 to 4 times a night for no reason and snore like a mule.

so my question is, was any of my symptoms the same as you guys had? and does the cpap machine really make that much of a difference?
Is it like night and day?

I'm tired of being tired!

How were you diagnosed with sleep apnea? Usually that happens through a sleep clinic where they monitor you while you sleep. In my area, if you do have apnea, they usually come in during the middle of the night and hook up a CPAP and adjust it periodically until they have the settings right.

If you didn't go through all that I would highly suggest going to a sleep clinic.

How were you diagnosed with sleep apnea? Usually that happens through a sleep clinic where they monitor you while you sleep. In my area, if you do have apnea, they usually come in during the middle of the night and hook up a CPAP and adjust it periodically until they have the settings right.

If you didn't go through all that I would highly suggest going to a sleep clinic.

I did a sleep study. They hook up 1000 wires all over your body. but that was 5 yrs ago, so I am in the middle of doing another one.

You could try this style mask. I actually find it more comfortable/maneuverable than that huge triangle mask.

**broken link removed**

Hey Pharm fed

What is the make and model of that nasal cpap mask? I've got the full face Quattro FX and it leaves big marks!

Hey Pharm fed

What is the make and model of that nasal cpap mask? I've got the full face Quattro FX and it leaves big marks!

Mine is ResMed Swift FX.

To buy the whole kit online looks like about $100 but you can buy the pieces separately from Amazon for cheaper. The headgear is $30, the felt wraps are $7, and the nose pillows are about $19 each. I find the medium size to be the best fit for me. If you did buy it and wanted the small and or large size nose pillows I'd be fine sending you mine. I have no use for them anyway.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/ResMed-Swift-FX-Headgear-Assembly/dp/B007P8I3CC"]Amazon.com: ResMed Swift FX Headgear Assembly: Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41oyHJhQWJL.@@AMEPARAM@@41oyHJhQWJL[/ame]

I did a sleep study. They hook up 1000 wires all over your body. but that was 5 yrs ago, so I am in the middle of doing another one.

That's good to hear. I know many people with CPAP machines and every single one says it changed their life.

Mine is ResMed Swift FX.

To buy the whole kit online looks like about $100 but you can buy the pieces separately from Amazon for cheaper. The headgear is $30, the felt wraps are $7, and the nose pillows are about $19 each. I find the medium size to be the best fit for me. If you did buy it and wanted the small and or large size nose pillows I'd be fine sending you mine. I have no use for them anyway.

Amazon.com: ResMed Swift FX Headgear Assembly: Health & Personal Care

Thanks!!

That's good to hear. I know many people with CPAP machines and every single one says it changed their life.

I really hope so. I can't take it any more. It almost seems ridiculous that some mask that blows air into your mouth and nose can change your life.
I'm one of those skeptics on everything, so this is why I am asking anyone that actually does use them if it really made that much of a difference.

I thought they were a thousand bucks.

The machine is expensive. I was just pricing out the nasal mask that attaches to it

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear