over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CPAP machines

ill gotten gains

Registered
I’m looking at buying a CPAP machine and setting it up myself. Anyone here done it without a sleep study and experience with specific brands of CPAP machine? I’m looking at the Resmed Airsense 10 auto set.

I’m looking at buying a CPAP machine and setting it up myself. Anyone here done it without a sleep study and experience with specific brands of CPAP machine? I’m looking at the Resmed Airsense 10 auto set.
I have that exact model and love it. Life changing. I didn't set it up myself though.

Stan Efferding highly recommends this. Most of the newer machines are self learning and you don’t really have to set them. Also....turn off the ramp setting to start with as it can make some people feel like theyre choking at first

Stan Efferding highly recommends this. Most of the newer machines are self learning and you don’t really have to set them. Also....turn off the ramp setting to start with as it can make some people feel like their choking at first

the unit you described is an APAP not a CPAP. The price has dropped over the past 5 years or so nearly 50%, they used to be around a $1000

I have the Resmed and like Dens said, it is a life changer!!!!

I quit using mine I just couldn’t get use to it. I’d take it off every night while sleeping without even realizing it. I’m about to try to start using it again

Mines a Resmed as well, but I don’t know how you program the pressure output though. Mine came directly programmed from my general MD. But this pressure was recommended from my sleep study. So I assume the sleep study sends the recommendation to your regular doctor and he green lights it. Then the sleep rite facility inputs the info into your machine remotely. For reference I would stop breathing 798x per night on average. They set my output pressure to 13psi.

Cage

the unit you described is an APAP not a CPAP. The price has dropped over the past 5 years or so nearly 50%, they used to be around a $1000
Whats the difference? My mom has sleep apnea but shes in denial, was gonna just get her one and have her try it

Mines a Resmed as well, but I don’t know how you program the pressure output though. Mine came directly programmed from my general MD. But this pressure was recommended from my sleep study. So I assume the sleep study sends the recommendation to your regular doctor and he green lights it. Then the sleep rite facility inputs the info into your machine remotely. For reference I would stop breathing 798x per night on average. They set my output pressure to 13psi.

Cage
The sleep facility will find the correct pressure and they program it into the cpap machine. You can change your pressure on your cpap. Search your cpap on google or YouTube and it will show you how. Many times it’s as easy as holding 2 buttons down until the new screen comes on.

Some cpaps have an auto function where the pressure settings change based on how much pressure you need at different times. So you do not need to know a specific pressure which makes it very easy to set up.

The sleep facility will find the correct pressure and they program it into the cpap machine. You can change your pressure on your cpap. Search your cpap on google or YouTube and it will show you how. Many times it’s as easy as holding 2 buttons down until the new screen comes on.

Some cpaps have an auto function where the pressure settings change based on how much pressure you need at different times. So you do not need to know a specific pressure which makes it very easy to set up.

Thanks for the info... I’ve never read more into it since it’s made my sleep life bettter!! Nice to know that I can adjust it on my own.

Cage

This

I might add - I have fallen asleep on my couch watching tv without my apap and woke up the next day feeling like I was hung over.
Mental block and BP was up that day...just from one night of not using it. That’s the difference it has done for me

What type of masks do you guys use? I’m on like my forth one now and still searching.

I had 2 sleeps studies done and both were terrible.
If you haven't had one done...its SO DAMN NORMAL NOW that you wont get an individual consultation from a Dr.
You and 5-10 other dudes will go into a room at 10am and they'll explain to you ALL that you're getting a machine to help you sleep. Just regular dads (and moms) have this problem now (I'm sure obesity in America is the main cause).

I sleep with a Dreamstation and I prefer the Resmed. My insurance was giving me grief and my wife and I ended up just going into a cpap specific store and buying one with out a Rx or anything. It might take a week to get used to but find a good mask that isn't annoying and you'll be set. I have to wear a full face mask over my mouth. My septum has been broken several times from football and i need air through my nose and mouth...great investment though. I honestly think i wasted yearssa (and gains) because i wasn't sleeping and recovering correctly.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131