over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cpap users, which mask do you use?

Going for my second sleep study tonight. I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea after the first study and have both types. I was told on this sleep study I will be using a machine. For anyone who has gone thru this do they let you try different masks at the study?
And I was also wondering like if they wake u up throughout the night to adjust the settings or do that do that while your sleeping. Also will they have me all wired up with sensors like the first time?
Thanks ahead of time
- bx

Hey not to hijack the thread here but I just found out I have sleep apnea. Went and had a sleep study done and came back that I have both types of apnea. The obstructive one and I think the other is when your brain fl fails to send the signals to your body to breathe. So I was talking to quite a few people that have apnea and said that once they got their CPAP machine or BiPAP machine that the sleep was that much better. One guy even stated to me hell I didn't even know what sleep was till I start using my machine. So I guess my question here is is the sleep really that much better and do you really get that sense of feeling totally refreshed and energized when you wake up using the machine as opposed to before you would use the machine?
Did the doctor go over your results such as o2 levels and stages of sleep with how many times you woke up per hour etc?

My o2 was around 59% and woke up on average 20 times per hour before they put the cpap on me during the study. I was surviving on stims every day. With 20 times per hour I was obviously sleep starved and he said as much. I was excited to get it and fix my issues. I felt better right away in the morning but still tired in the evening at first. I think the initial boost was my attitude and maybe a little placebo at first. They say you will definitely notice the difference in a few months. I haven't had it that long but I no longer hit snooze and I feel much more rested throughout the whole day. I am able to fall right asleep but I am sure thats the MK677 and cjc dac.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Did the doctor go over your results such as o2 levels and stages of sleep with how many times you woke up per hour etc?

My o2 was around 59% and woke up on average 20 times per hour before they put the cpap on me during the study. I was surviving on stims every day. With 20 times per hour I was obviously sleep starved and he said as much. I was excited to get it and fix my issues. I felt better right away in the morning but still tired in the evening at first. I think the initial boost was my attitude and maybe a little placebo at first. They say you will definitely notice the difference in a few months. I haven't had it that long but I no longer hit snooze and I feel much more rested throughout the whole day. I am able to fall right asleep but I am sure thats the MK677 and cjc dac.

No he didn't give me Any of those results yet. I'm on my way now to my second sleep study maybe after this one I will have those results. The last sleep study was 8 days ago and after the first one was just informed that I had severe obstructive apnea and the other one where your brain stops sending the signals to breathe.
Will let you guys know how I make out on the study tonight.
[emoji42] [emoji42] [emoji42] [emoji42]

-bx

Going for my second sleep study tonight. I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea after the first study and have both types. I was told on this sleep study I will be using a machine. For anyone who has gone thru this do they let you try different masks at the study?
And I was also wondering like if they wake u up throughout the night to adjust the settings or do that do that while your sleeping. Also will they have me all wired up with sensors like the first time?
Thanks ahead of time
- bx
They just put a nasal mask on me. I got everything done in one study though. It was apparent soon enough during the study I needed it so that was awesome. They will continue to adjust the pressure up until you have an acceptable amount of events and o2 level. Events is when you stop breathing and brain wakes you up to breathe the way I understand it. When you go pick out your machine you will be able to try different masks. I only got one and had 30 days to swap it out. A friend of mine got two masks to take home.

They just put a nasal mask on me. I got everything done in one study though. It was apparent soon enough during the study I needed it so that was awesome. They will continue to adjust the pressure up until you have an acceptable amount of events and o2 level. Events is when you stop breathing and brain wakes you up to breathe the way I understand it. When you go pick out your machine you will be able to try different masks. I only got one and had 30 days to swap it out. A friend of mine got two masks to take home.

Good to know

- bx

I have the resmed airfit P10. I also have the aloha mask. Both of these are nasal pillow type masks. I don't really like the full mask and they said I'm fine with the nasal mask only. Each has its pluses and minuses but I do switch them up. Every one of my gym buddies, even ones who aren't very big, have sleep apnea. We all agree that it's a life saver and you will feel SO much better. One time there was a power outage at my house for over half the night so I bought a rechargeable battery which will work for power outages and camping. Can't be unprepared. When flying, I carry the machine on to be safe

Do you guys notice if the cpap helps with aas/hgh induced lethargy?
I'm still getting used to sleeping with it. For some reason my nasal congestion fluctuates throughout the night. I'm playing with the humidity settings to see if it'll help. I pretty much started hgh right around the time I started cpap. I think the gh might be contributing to some tiredness. However it's suppose to help with sleep also. I've been doing around 4iu split, some days just 2iu.

keep your room as cold as possible, that helps especially with nasal stuffiness. also if you're still having a rough time with the apnea try **broken link removed** mouthpiece with your machine. it pulls the lower jaw forward and in combination with c-pap or bi-pap you will get more bang for your buck/trouble. nasal strips/saline solution can also help with stuffy nose.

use melatonin to help return you to REM sleep when you wake multiple times.

Attachments

• pure sleep.jpg
    pure sleep.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 77
Do you guys notice if the cpap helps with aas/hgh induced lethargy?
I'm still getting used to sleeping with it. For some reason my nasal congestion fluctuates throughout the night. I'm playing with the humidity settings to see if it'll help. I pretty much started hgh right around the time I started cpap. I think the gh might be contributing to some tiredness. However it's suppose to help with sleep also. I've been doing around 4iu split, some days just 2iu.

Helps big time with the lethargy from hormones...before getting a cpap I walked around like a zombie from the tiredness.

I tend to wake up every morning with a bloody nose and blood in the back of my throat...I have the cpap that doesn't use water so maybe the dry air is causing it.

I have the resmed airfit P10. I also have the aloha mask. Both of these are nasal pillow type masks. I don't really like the full mask and they said I'm fine with the nasal mask only. Each has its pluses and minuses but I do switch them up. One time there was a power outage at my house for over half the night so I bought a rechargeable battery which will work for power outages and camping. Can't be unprepared. When flying, I carry the machine on to be safe

where did you find the rechargeable battery for your cpap machine? how much are they - ballpark figure?

I use the nasal pillow style mask. All others felt so suffucating! I'm not the best at wearing it tho. Seem to only make it a few hours then say f*ck it (unconsciously most times).

I use the nasal pillow style mask. All others felt so suffucating! I'm not the best at wearing it tho. Seem to only make it a few hours then say f*ck it (unconsciously most times).

keep trying. keep it up even if only for a few hours and eventually it works itself out. i would experiment with every possible sleep position. even on your stomach with head to the side and try pushing a pillow up underneath jaw - like a few mentioned to prevent jaw from closing airway. maybe even wearing it while laying back in a La-Z-Boy chair.

melatonin and sleep aids such as hydroxyzine pam will allow you to get back to REM sleep even when apnea occurs. melatonin is nature's anti-stress hormone because it counters the effects of high cortisol.

many scientists consider melatonin to be the best anti-oxidant known. it crosses all membrane barriers and is a powerful scavenger of free radicals.

i take about 3-5mg about 40 minutes before bedtime. on high central nervous system workouts like heavy squats and dead lifts i have it in my gear bag along with the citrulline-malate, whey, leucine etc... it counters cortisol from heavy workouts.

i suggest you start with a low dose when first trying it and build from there, because it may cause vivid dreams or nightmares in some. that doesn't occur with 1-3 mgs and like i said it helps to let you get back into rem sleep even if you awaken.

in the vitamin section of every grocery, dept store etc... and it's inexpensive.

Post not intended to diagnose or treat health issues.

Helps big time with the lethargy from hormones...before getting a cpap I walked around like a zombie from the tiredness.

I tend to wake up every morning with a bloody nose and blood in the back of my throat...I have the cpap that doesn't use water so maybe the dry air is causing it.

Hey bro for sure you need to get a humidifier. It makes a world of difference.

To the OP--I now use a WISP which phillips makes. The headgear isn't great, but it's a nasal mask that is pretty comfortable. I was using nasal pillows--Pilairo Q from Fisker and Payakel (i think that's how you spell it) and LOVED them...ultra comfortable etc.

But turns out I have a serious throat collapse issue even with the APAP machine that causes the pillows to "snap" shut (like putting a vacuum on a hose) when my throat collapses that would cause me to wake up anyways. It still does it with the WISP, but not nearly as bad.

I had to turn the CFLEX option (decreases pressure when you breathe out) OFF on my APAP to minimize this, but it still happens (just doesn't shudder so hard and wake me up with the WISP nasal mask). Dr. says probably have to eventually get surgery to correct this :(

But fuck I feel like a new man. Wasted years of my life due to apnea and chronic exhaustion. It's great now. I was (according to sleep study) waking up 150 times per hour and breathing for maybe 15mins out of every hour. My o2 never got below 80 because of this, but I never really slept because of it either. Living like a fucking zombie. Made a thread about it a bit ago to encourage others to get out there and get tested.

Anyways, last comment--I wish I could get a full face mask but it doesn't seal worth shit due to my heavy beard. I don't always wake up with drool or mouth open because the pressure tends to cause your mouth to seal shut (at least for me) but sometimes it happens and that sucks. Apnea went from 150/hr to 2/hr so I'm ecstatic!

Hope any or all of this info helps someone.

I tried all 3 and the full face worked best for me. Havent used it since I started cutting. Really only get the apnea when I'm bulking or high in body fat.

Super interesting info here guys.

Had a sleep study done earlier this week and actually waiting for the results back.
I also was told I have a horribly deviated septum so that's the reason I'm 100% a mouth breather.

I'm definitely going to have to check out all these masks—IF i have to.

Airfit p10, best nasal pillow I've used. Can't use a full mask because I primarily side sleep.

Are night sweats a sign of sleep apnea? And no I'm not on tren lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are night sweats a sign of sleep apnea? And no I'm not on tren lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For me, night sweats are associated more with hormonal fluctuations than sleep apnea. I can get some pretty heavy night sweats on higher doses of other compounds (nothing touches tren though). Everyone is different though. Some people attribute nights sweats as a primary symptom of sleep apnea. I never did. I never got them until gear usage.

If you wake up with a racing heart and an out of breath feeling and you're sweaty, yes it's probably the apnea. But I can soak sheets and be breathing perfect and unobstructed with my BiPap machine. I'm just saying, night sweats are also highly correlated with hormonal issues. To really know, you have to get a sleep study unfortunately.

Last edited:
I've been using the nasal mask, not the pillow, for 10 years. Thankfully I didn't have any adjustment period. I guess I slept so deep with it that it didn't bother me. I couldn't use a full face mask as I am too claustrophobic and would go nuts. As to using one without the humidifier, I left my tank at home once on a trip and was able to make do, but didn't like it.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws