YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Craigs Story/ a fictional gym tale (long read)

Very pure. From the heart/soul...

Thank you 10 fold for bumping this! I haven't been "lurking" much as life can get pretty busy and completely missed this when originally posted.

Like many others, I must admit it choked me up as well. You have a great sense of how to set the story up and actually place the reader in the position being narrated. Explaining the emotions ensuing as I would assume many of us can relate to (the positive influence, the act/emotion/ mindset of deadlifts) was mastered and great.

Thank you again for sharing!

Jay's Story

To keep the juices (no pun) flowing, you should use "Jay" or someone else and write a series of his interactions with different people in his gym life.

Great read, reminds me why I go to the gym.

Clear your pm's I have a question for you.

Cleared...

I was blown away by how many people liked the story...over 1000 likes and 300+ shares.

I just read the story, thnks for sharing AJ

Very good writing, I enjoyed reading that. I skipped it the first time I saw it, but I'm glad I took the time to read it now.

From one writer to another this is a very well thought out story. Great characters, and great plot! You and I have similar writing styles as I am also very descriptive. You can never have enough details!

Not trying to derail your thread, but my first book is being published within the next few days so I'm pretty stoked about that! You should seriously sit down and put a book together. Self publishing is very easy and affordable. If you're interested and want to know more then just shoot me a PM.

Great job!

From one writer to another this is a very well thought out story. Great characters, and great plot! You and I have similar writing styles as I am also very descriptive. You can never have enough details!

Not trying to derail your thread, but my first book is being published within the next few days so I'm pretty stoked about that! You should seriously sit down and put a book together. Self publishing is very easy and affordable. If you're interested and want to know more then just shoot me a PM.

Great job!

Thanks Medic, I really never though of myself as a writer, even though I have written a few short stories like that....English and grammar was my worst subject in school, so thankyou, now Im trying to think of another good story but Craigs is hard to beat for now.

Thanks Medic, I really never though of myself as a writer, even though I have written a few short stories like that....English and grammar was my worst subject in school, so thankyou, now Im trying to think of another good story but Craigs is hard to beat for now.

Oh believe me I only wrote as a hobby when I was younger then I decided to take on the task of writing an actual book, January of 2012. It's one of the best decisions I've made BC the deeper I got into writing the book, the better the writer I became. I've let five people read it so I could use their reviews to promote the book and all of them were "blown away." Those are their words, not mine. I made a Facebook page for it a few days ago so if you have an account and you're interested then look up "Sacrifice for a Diagnosis." And please "like" my page if if you don't mind. There is a summarization on the page as well so you can get an idea what it's about.

My mom is friends with a best selling Author and he gave me a little piece of advice that stuck with me... "A writer, writes." And it couldn't be more accurate because once you get on a groove the book basically starts writing itself. Don't sell yourself short because I can see that you have talent. I am very proud to be able to say that I wrote a book and I'm a published author at 28 years old.... Especially considering that I'm a Paramedic by trade.

I surprised myself with the quality I ended up with and I promise that you will surprise yourself as well.

A great author is able to draw the audience in and make them feel as if they were inside your story. And by all the responses that you've received from your short story, I would say that it is a complete success.

If you've got time, please go check out my page on FB. Sorry if I hijacked your thread, but I just see talent from you and I try and motivate you so that you will test your full potential!

great read...tried not to well up as my wife and 2 kids were observing

good job!

Oh believe me I only wrote as a hobby when I was younger then I decided to take on the task of writing an actual book, January of 2012. It's one of the best decisions I've made BC the deeper I got into writing the book, the better the writer I became. I've let five people read it so I could use their reviews to promote the book and all of them were "blown away." Those are their words, not mine. I made a Facebook page for it a few days ago so if you have an account and you're interested then look up "Sacrifice for a Diagnosis." And please "like" my page if if you don't mind. There is a summarization on the page as well so you can get an idea what it's about.

My mom is friends with a best selling Author and he gave me a little piece of advice that stuck with me... "A writer, writes." And it couldn't be more accurate because once you get on a groove the book basically starts writing itself. Don't sell yourself short because I can see that you have talent. I am very proud to be able to say that I wrote a book and I'm a published author at 28 years old.... Especially considering that I'm a Paramedic by trade.

I surprised myself with the quality I ended up with and I promise that you will surprise yourself as well.

A great author is able to draw the audience in and make them feel as if they were inside your story. And by all the responses that you've received from your short story, I would say that it is a complete success.

If you've got time, please go check out my page on FB. Sorry if I hijacked your thread, but I just see talent from you and I try and motivate you so that you will test your full potential!
Thanks for the advice medic, honeslty I never thought about it before but the idea is completely appealing, writing some sort of book or compilation of short stories.
Craigs story did just that, I honestly just had the story come to me one day at the gym, thought about it during the drive home that night and banged it out in under 2 hours, didnt even think about it -the story wrote itself like you said.
Thanks for the encouragement, Ill check your page out.

It would appear someone took literary liscence with my story- I saw it on google and its been 'cleaned up' obviously by someone with better writing skills but someone who also changed the story where they felt the need - no one seems to have taken credit for it but still, I liked it in the original version with bad literary skills.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear