over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cramping abs

hevi-head

Registered
Newbies
So I can’t do any more then a couple sets (if that) of crunches or any other ab work with out them locking up like like a Charlie horse in my calf. No cramps ever anywhere else. I stay hydrated and have supplemented potassium and magnesium but nothing helps. Any suggestions?

So I can’t do any more then a couple sets (if that) of crunches or any other ab work with out them locking up like like a Charlie horse in my calf. No cramps ever anywhere else. I stay hydrated and have supplemented potassium and magnesium but nothing helps. Any suggestions?
That's killer pain right there. I've had it happen a few times as well and being where that muscle is it's so hard to try and stretch it out. Even breathing caused my get worse.

That's killer pain right there. I've had it happen a few times as well and being where that muscle is it's so hard to try and stretch it out. Even breathing caused my get worse.
It sure looks cool though 😂
Its like “damn if I could flex them like that all the time”…..lol

Happens to me as well when i neglect them. Just do a few reps more each time and know your limit so you don’t lock up.

Magnesium oil topically will allow you to train as much as you want though without locking up, it’s on amazon.

Up to you how you proceed, good luck

Ab cramps are the worst cramps I've ever had. I was stuck on the ab machine once...horrible! LOL!!

Is that topical application for magnesium oil? That is better option. Man I sometimes get it during sex. It is annoying

Have you tried hanging leg raises? The stretch on the abs may help to decrease the cramps.

Stretching between sets really helps me when that happens. Just really focusing on stretching those abs between sets and then going back into the workout. Also, trying different ab exercises helps

Is that topical application for magnesium oil? That is better option. Man I sometimes get it during sex. It is annoying
Same. Extremely annoying. If you use the oil (really its just magnesium chloride dissolved in water), prior to the activity causing cramps it should prevent the cramps, works for me every time i remember to use it. If used after the cramps set in it should alleviate within 5 min. I’m pretty liberal w the application, any excess is not going to give you the shits, hasn’t for me anyway and i use a lot.

Same. Extremely annoying. If you use the oil (really its just magnesium chloride dissolved in water), prior to the activity causing cramps it should prevent the cramps, works for me every time i remember to use it. If used after the cramps set in it should alleviate within 5 min. I’m pretty liberal w the application, any excess is not going to give you the shits, hasn’t for me anyway and i use a lot.
Great 👍. Thank you for the detailed reply bro. Will definitely get some. 👍👍

►not such an unheard of problem ..you can try TAURINE

..like others have mentioned, sometimes it comes from trying to do too much, too fast

"Topical Magnesium Oils" sounds like money
^^^i like that ..i'm gonna have to try it

If you are training abs and get into some cramps try to get in the "upward dog" pose or some sort of standing varation to stretch the abs out..you may even want to do that stretch before you start..man ab cramps are intense. As others said they should subside after a few consistent sessions. If I don't train them for a while there is no way around them.

I get the same cramps when I start training abs again. After a while I don't get those cramps anymore. I've been crippled in the ab machine myself several times so I know what you mean.

The worse is working abs at the end of your workout, cramping bad then stretching and finally get the cramps to subside then leaving the gym and getting about a mile down the road just to have them cramp like hell while your driving (dangerous situation).

I agree with Sour D. Try taurine, help with clen muscle cramps. Maybe it will you.

You said magnesium and potassium, but left out the most important one. Sodium. Where’s your salt intake at?

Have you tried hanging leg raises? The stretch on the abs may help to decrease the cramps.
That’s used my go to actually. It’s ok while I’m hanging but still locks up when I stop.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws