over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cramps..sodium? Hydration?

Djs1988

Registered
Hey guys I need some input about a subject I know very little about and after reading up on several articles still a bit confused exactly how hydration, sodium potassium all coincide. For a long time now I've had severe muscle cramps and I mean severe ones that my quads seize and involuntary spasm to high hell and have had me bed ridden after leg day. I noticed Gatorade and water mixed helped but did not completely cure my problem. So electrolytes hydration were a control, then I began making sure to eat bananas before or after for potassium. Still I tend to get these cramps. But lately now after training back and bis or chest tris I get the same cramps in my arms ..my whole arm will lock up and I basically after to push it down out of a bent state. I've bought potassium pills upped my water and I'm going to start salting my foods..i don't really eat much salt to my knowledge I don't necessarily check sodium but I eat pretty bland. I'm concerned about getting bloated though..and I'm also reading it could be magnesium. I'm looking for some feedback on what you guys think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies to others saying same,am seeing only this post

HI Djs1988!
Cramps can as you know be caused by sodium, K, but little known is that they are USUALLY MG..And guess what, a serum Mg is useless-you need a 24 hour urine for Mg to get your true MG level. 80% of ALL Americans are Mg deficient so if you are just join the club. I always like Mg threonate because it's so well absorbed and has other benes.

Here's an article on Mg and I"LL BET YOU ANYTHING if you get a good supplement within 3 days cramps will go-let me know OK? [email protected]

Hope these go away,muscle cramps are AWFUL!
Best,
Dr.Kim

Had the same problem. Arm locked up on me all the time during workouts. Switched up my vitamins and the problem went away. Taking lean body men's multivitamin by labrada. Hope this helps bud.

Had the same problem. Arm locked up on me all the time during workouts. Switched up my vitamins and the problem went away. Taking lean body men's multivitamin by labrada. Hope this helps bud.

So you'd say magnesium as well?

an avocado a day keep the cramps away.....:lightbulb:

:cool:

I've had the same issues with quads,chest,tri's,bi's and abs man! You have to play around with the MG like someone else mentioned, everyone is different but I found that taking my vitamins twice daily with additional magnesium and potassium tabs... Good luck

Hey guys I need some input about a subject I know very little about and after reading up on several articles still a bit confused exactly how hydration, sodium potassium all coincide. For a long time now I've had severe muscle cramps and I mean severe ones that my quads seize and involuntary spasm to high hell and have had me bed ridden after leg day. I noticed Gatorade and water mixed helped but did not completely cure my problem. So electrolytes hydration were a control, then I began making sure to eat bananas before or after for potassium. Still I tend to get these cramps. But lately now after training back and bis or chest tris I get the same cramps in my arms ..my whole arm will lock up and I basically after to push it down out of a bent state. I've bought potassium pills upped my water and I'm going to start salting my foods..i don't really eat much salt to my knowledge I don't necessarily check sodium but I eat pretty bland. I'm concerned about getting bloated though..and I'm also reading it could be magnesium. I'm looking for some feedback on what you guys think.

Try to take Fulvic acid every day, or eat watermelon with a little salt added.

Magnesium and Taurine daily. Good for cramps and heart. In addition take glycerol preworkout and maybe add l-carnitine to support mitochondrial function an increase metabolic function ing that can be causing cramps.

Last edited:
Magnesium and Taurine daily. Good for cramps and heart. In addition take glycerol preworkout.

Taurine is a god send for cramps. Couldnt get through work outs on DNP from my forearms cramping up. 3-5g taurine solved that.

The most common cause of muscle cramps during sports activity is dehydration. Often, drinking water will ease the cramping. However, water alone doesn't always help. Salt tablets or sports drinks, which also replenish lost minerals, can be helpful. Drink plenty of fluids while exercising and increase your potassium intake (orange juice and bananas are great sources of potassium).:headbang:

YES...

good advice above from all, sodium, potassium, and magnesium are ALL critical, as Dr Kim said most people are deficient in mag, i had similar issues til i started eating a bit more salt and ate a banana and took a good mag supp daily.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws