over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CRAPY ASS Luck

IronMiner2

Registered
I posted a little while back about me having my back fused.
That seems to be doing very good, I'm out and walking a couple miles a day.
Legs are gaining strength and I have absolutely no numbness.

To the crapy part. I notice Tuesday night I'm getting a rash on my right thigh.
Wasn't sure what was causing it, I hadn't changed soaps or anything else.
Last night it starts to burn and hurt. Got into the doctor today and find out I have shingles. I didn't know a 43 year old could get shingles, but apparently you can.

One month before my surgery I went to have my eyes checked, because I noticed a black spot in my vision ( right eye ).
Come to find out I have cataracts in my right eye and the beginning of cataracts in my left.

My question is -
Who knows a good voodoo woman that can undo my bad mojo?

Mostly just venting guys. Has anybody else had this kind of bad luck?

fusions can be a rough road. glad your doing well. Hang in there.

Has anybody else had this kind of bad luck?

YES.......You are stronger than you think. You can handle all of this. Research your conditions; mitigate symptoms or stop progression where you can. All the best to you and your swift recovery.

Bad luck comes in many forms. I always try to pay it forward, but it seems like all I do is hit one rough patch after another. Hang in there brother.

Sorry about your luck man. on a side note I have found i do good with surgeries if I stay away from Versed. Versed can cause depression and permanent memory loss. I go with a mix of fentanol and other stuff.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I know I don't have it that bad.
Sometimes you just wonder, who did I screw over in a previous life to have so much crapy luck. Plus I'm bored, I'm going back to work on the 3rd of November. That will help. I just really want to get in the gym and train.
I keep telling myself to keep calm and heal up.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I know I don't have it that bad.
Sometimes you just wonder, who did I screw over in a previous life to have so much crapy luck. Plus I'm bored, I'm going back to work on the 3rd of November. That will help. I just really want to get in the gym and train.
I keep telling myself to keep calm and heal up.

Hang in there bro. I hear ya. Recovering from a hernia surgery myself...

I know the cataracts seems like bad luck, but let me tell you it is so much better to have a progressively degenerative disease in both eyes because insurance and or Lions club type charities will help you fix that. If you only had it in one eye... you would be fucked.
How do I know that, you may ask yourself? I have perfect vision in my left eye and cant pass a damn eye exam due to a cataract in my right eye. Cant get it fixed because .... no disease in the left eye, so legally and technically, I'm not blind.

Im just fucked.

Glad to hear you are doing well on your back though, that is great news. And the shingles will pass brother.

Hang in there bro. I've had a string of bad luck these last few months also. But as I think about it I always tell myself that it could always be worse. And if ya find that Voo Doo lady PM me. Lol

Not as much bad luck as you think. There are about 1 million cases a year. If you had Chicken Pox when you were small, chances are it can come back as Shingles later in life. They do have a vaccination for Shingles too. Read this:

Facts About Chickenpox and Shingles for Adults
What is chickenpox?
Chickenpox, also known as varicella, is a very contagious disease caused by the varicella-zoster virus. It
is spread easily through the air by infected people when they sneeze or cough. The disease also spreads
through contact with an infected person's chickenpox blisters. Because chickenpox is very contagious, it
is possible for people who have never had chickenpox nor been vaccinated against it to become infected
just by being in a room with someone who has the disease. However, transient exposure is not likely to
result in infection.
Symptoms of chickenpox
Early symptoms may include body aches, fever, fatigue, and irritability. A rash then appears and
develops into as many as 250-500 itchy blisters over the entire body, that usually last for 5-7 days and
heal with scabs. The rash may even spread into the mouth or other internal parts of the body. The illness
is usually not severe, but the risk of hospitalization and death is increased among adolescents and adults.
Symptoms appear between 10 and 21 days after exposure to the varicella-zoster virus. Persons who were
vaccinated against chickenpox may sometimes develop chickenpox disease but the presentation is
usually mild, with approximately 50 or fewer red bumps that rarely evolve to blisters.
What is shingles?
Shingles, or herpes zoster, is a common illness that strikes about 1 million Americans each year, about
half of whom are 60 years of age and older. Shingles is caused by the varicella-zoster virus, the same
virus that causes chickenpox. When people are first infected with the varicella-zoster virus, usually as
children, they get chickenpox. Years or decades later, the virus can reactivate and cause shingles. Anyone
who has had chickenpox is at risk of shingles. Shingles is associated with normal aging and with
anything that weakens the immune system such as certain medications, cancers, or infections, but it can
also occur in healthy children and younger persons.
Symptoms of shingles
A painful, blistering rash tends to occur on one side of the body, usually on the trunk or face. There may
be pain, numbness or tingling of the area 2 to 4 days before the rash appears. Pain or numbness usually
resolves within weeks, but it can sometimes persist for much longer. Damage can occur to the eyes or
other organs if they are involved. One of the most serious long-term consequences of shingles is postherpetic
neuralgia (PHN), a condition where pain persists after the rash has resolved. PHN pain can be
very difficult to treat and it can diminish quality of life and functioning to a degree comparable to
congestive heart failure, heart attack, type II diabetes and major depression.
Prevention
Chickenpox can be prevented by vaccination. Children who have never had chickenpox should get two
doses of chickenpox vaccine, with the 1st dose administered at 12 – 15 months of age and the 2nd at 4-6
years of age. Two doses, administered 4-8 weeks apart, are also recommended for people 13 years of age
or older. There is a safe and effective vaccine to prevent shingles. It prevents shingles in 50 percent of
those vaccinated and reduces the incidence of PHN by 66 percent. Although people who are vaccinated
may still get shingles, they are likely to experience a milder case than un-vaccinated persons.

National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
4733 Bethesda Avenue, Suite 750, Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 656-0003. Web site: National Foundation for Infectious Diseases August 2009

Who should get chickenpox vaccine?
The chickenpox vaccine is recommended for all susceptible children and adults who do not have
contraindications for vaccination. A second dose catch-up varicella vaccination is recommended for
children, adolescents, and adults who previously had received only one dose. Persons belonging to the
following groups who have not received the vaccine and have not already had chickenpox should receive
special consideration because they are at a higher risk for exposure/transmission:
♦ Healthcare workers.
♦ College students.
♦ Household contacts of
immunocompromised persons.
♦ Residents and staff in institutional settings.
♦ Inmates and staff of correctional
institutions
♦ Military personnel.
♦ Nonpregnant women of childbearing age.
♦ Teachers and day care workers.
♦ Non-immune persons who have been
exposed to chickenpox should receive
varicella vaccine to prevent or
diminish the severity of illness. The
vaccine is most effective if given
within 3 days (72 hours) to 5 days (120
hours) of the exposure. Vaccine is still
recommended after 5 days of the
exposure to prevent future disease if
this current exposure does not result in
disease.
♦ .
international travelers
Who should get shingles vaccine?
The shingles vaccine is recommended for anyone 60 years of age and older to keep the varicella-zoster
virus from re-activating and causing shingles.

(301) 656-0003. Web site: National Foundation for Infectious Diseases August 2009

Facts About Chickenpox and Shingles for Adults
FACT: Chickenpox (varicella) can be prevented with a vaccine. Sometimes vaccinated persons
come down with chickenpox after vaccination but the illness is usually mild with < 50
lesions.
FACT: Chickenpox is contagious from 1 to 2 days before the appearance of rash until all blisters
have formed scabs or lesions fade away (if no blisters develop).
FACT: Following exposure to an infectious person, it usually takes 10 to 21 days before the
symptoms of chickenpox begin to appear.
FACT: Adults are more likely than children to die from chickenpox and have serious
complications resulting from varicella infection. Currently, less than 5% of adults are
susceptible to infection with the chickenpox virus; younger adults are more likely to be
susceptible.
FACT: Immunocompromised people are more likely to have serious illness with complications
as a result of chickenpox. The best way to prevent infection in such people is by
immunizing their susceptible family members and their other close contacts. However,
some immunocompromised people are eligible for vaccination.
FACT: If a pregnant woman gets varicella during the first 20 weeks of pregnancy, her baby has a
1 in a 100 risk of having serious birth defects such as shortening and scarring of limbs,
cataracts, small head size, abnormal development of the brain and mental retardation
FACT: There are about 1 million cases of shingles diagnosed annually in the U.S. About half of
cases are in those 60 years of age and older.
FACT: Shingles, typically affects people over 50 years of age and those whose immune systems
have been weakened by HIV infection, cancers, or treatment with immunosuppressive
drugs.
FACT: There is a safe, effective vaccine to prevent shingles; it is recommended for everyone 60
years of age and older.
FACT: Shingles is caused by the varicella-zoster virus.
FACT: Initial infection with varicella-zoster cause chickenpox but the virus can then remain
silent in the body for decades. Reactivation of the virus causes shingles.
FACT: Shingles causes a painful, blistering rash that usually appears on just one side of the
body, most often on the torso or face.
FACT: Pain and numbness may occur in the location of the rash two to four days before the rash
appears.
FACT: The chance of getting shingles increases with age.
FACT: Post-herpetic neuralgia (PHN), a long-lasting shingles pain syndrome, is the most
common complication of shingles.
FACT: PHN diminishes quality of life to a degree similar to congestive heart failure, heart attack,
type II diabetes and major depression.
FACT: Antiviral medications can be used to treat shingles in its acute stage; however, these
medications do not have an effect on whether PHN will persist afterward.
FACT: Medications used to treat PHN pain are only modestly effective.
FACT: There is a vaccine available that reduces the risk of risk of shingles by 50% and the risk
of post-herpetic neuralgia by 66%.
FACT: The vaccine is recommended for people even if they’ve had shingles before because
shingles can recur. The vaccine should also be given to people in the recommended age
groups even if they cannot recall if they have ever had chickenpox.

I posted a little while back about me having my back fused.
That seems to be doing very good, I'm out and walking a couple miles a day.
Legs are gaining strength and I have absolutely no numbness.

To the crapy part. I notice Tuesday night I'm getting a rash on my right thigh.
Wasn't sure what was causing it, I hadn't changed soaps or anything else.
Last night it starts to burn and hurt. Got into the doctor today and find out I have shingles. I didn't know a 43 year old could get shingles, but apparently you can.

One month before my surgery I went to have my eyes checked, because I noticed a black spot in my vision ( right eye ).
Come to find out I have cataracts in my right eye and the beginning of cataracts in my left.

My question is -
Who knows a good voodoo woman that can undo my bad mojo?

Mostly just venting guys. Has anybody else had this kind of bad luck?

not bad mojo, compromised immune system...

read up on resveratrol and glutathione.

not bad mojo, compromised immune system...

read up on resveratrol and glutathione.

I was joking about the bad mojo. Did some reading on these items.
Going to read some more, they sound like very good things to add to my
Supplements. Thanks

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear