YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Creatine - Anyone else have trouble keeping BP stable on this stuff?

You remember the original Hot Stuff in the 80s? That stuff worked good.
Hot Stuff was great too. Another one. I was just a baby then. 19 years old. Loved it. My friends (teammates) were doing a lot of drugs. My friend Angel (Spanish guy) we called him tree man. 300lbs saw him bench 550lbs. He would do bent over rows with 315lbs (3 plates). Crazy.

Is there sometype of issues going on with creatine sourcing these days? I'm having the exact same issues and I have been taking creatine on and off since I was a teen. Now when I take 3-5 grams of mono a day, within a week or two I have trouble breathing and my diastolic starts spiking up and my EGFR and Creatinine levels are higher than when I used to take creatine. I never had these issues in the past, never even had these issues last year........

I've always thought this. Was it just that we were young and super insulin sensitive, etc.? Who knows but those first bottles of EAS and Cell Tech were out of this world. Those were some of the best workouts of my life, in all seriousness.
The first EAS and I forget the name I think VS Sport Vadium sulfate had something else in it. Sweet dry gains and pumps were insane. But something changed in both products around that time.

The first EAS and I forget the name I think VS Sport Vadium sulfate had something else in it. Sweet dry gains and pumps were insane. But something changed in both products around that time.
Yes. I think it was V2G
I was slamming back gallons of grape juice during my loading phase..
Upon starting I was barely pushing 175lbs for a set of 8.
One month later I was pushing 275 for 3 sets of 8

I jumped from 215 to 250 around that time.
Could still jump out the gym once my legs caught up to the additional weight.

After that first batch was done I bought another few bottles. My gains went bye bye... I think I ended up at 225lbs... but LEAN... circa 1996

Yes. I think it was V2G
I was slamming back gallons of grape juice during my loading phase..
Upon starting I was barely pushing 175lbs for a set of 8.
One month later I was pushing 275 for 3 sets of 8

I jumped from 215 to 250 around that time.
Could still jump out the gym once my legs caught up to the additional weight.

After that first batch was done I bought another few bottles. My gains went bye bye... I think I ended up at 225lbs... but LEAN... circa 1996
Yeah, fun times. I was still new to gear. Maybe a year in. We all did 12 weeks on 12 weeks off. And experimenting with what ever came out to try to hold on to the gains. Lots of this is great followed by disappointment 😆

The blood pressure increase happened almost exactly 10-15 minutes after ingestion so consistently that it was definitive enough for me. I shouldn't be surprised though because it volumizes almost everything it touches in your body. The older you get, your blood vessels just aren't as rubbery and stretchable so increased volume in a tighter space = too much ("hyper") pressure ("tension") = hypertension. Similar to vasoconstriction like caffeine and nicotine which increase pressure.

Best explaining of BP I've ever read!

I've been having slight blood pressure issues which is preventing me from doing my next blast, I'm gonna cycle out the creatine and see if that helps. Does anyone have any studies showing creatine increasing blood pressure?

https://paulogentil.com/pdf/Creatine, fat free mass, blood pressure, plasma creatinine.pdf
"Blood pressure, plasma creatinine, estimated creatinine clearance, plasma CK activity, and Hct. No effects of treatment were found for systolic, diastolic, or mean blood pressure (Fig. 1)."

Been using it consistently for 20 years. BP this morning was 106/61, like usual. And on no BP meds. Do take beet root powder though.

There is a HUGE shortage of global creatine supply. My recent wholesale price list from one of the most well-known companies has non-discounted wholesale listed as follows:

300g 36.95
500g 53.95
1000g 94.95

Another company

150 sevings/ 750g 64.99

Once again these are base wholesale pre-discount but dear lord those prices are higher than when creatine originally came out.

High prices, shortages can lead some to cut corners. For now, the days of sub $20 kilos of cm are gone.

I too have bloating issues now on cm that I never had before. I'm going to try hcl and see if it makes a difference.

TMG at 5-10g/day works as well for me as cm ever did. Search ergo-log for a good synopsis on betaine/tmg studies

There is a HUGE shortage of global creatine supply. My recent wholesale price list from one of the most well-known companies has non-discounted wholesale listed as follows:

300g 36.95
500g 53.95
1000g 94.95

Another company

150 sevings/ 750g 64.99

Once again these are base wholesale pre-discount but dear lord those prices are higher than when creatine originally came out.

High prices, shortages can lead some to cut corners. For now, the days of sub $20 kilos of cm are gone.

I too have bloating issues now on cm that I never had before. I'm going to try hcl and see if it makes a difference.

TMG at 5-10g/day works as well for me as cm ever did. Search ergo-log for a good synopsis on betaine/tmg studies
Creative HCL does not bloat like monohydrate. Far superior In my opinion. At least the way my body reacts to it. And it does not cause stomach issues or kidney stones something monohydrate did to me in a bad way. And it’s dirt cheap.

300g 36.95
500g 53.95
1000g 94.95

Another company

150 sevings/ 750g 64.99

100 days worth 500g for 55 bucks? Not sure I'm seeing that as a problem.

I realise when you guys say bloating you mean stomach bloating and feeling stuffed up, I guess. But as far as general water retention, I think there have been studies showing it doesn't increase extracellular water, it's all intracellular, what you want. Of course it's possible the studies didn't catch this side effect for whatever reason. But when I see various athletes and influencers mention this massive creatine bloat, even from low dosages, I think it's mostly in the mind. There is absolutely no reason something like Kre-Alkalyn doesn't bloat you like regular mono - it's mono! You just take less of it.

I first used creatine in I think it was 1993. I bought 3 bottles of Twinlab creatine. I didn't get anything from it. Later on I started getting effects, could see it on the scale etc.

I realise when you guys say bloating you mean stomach bloating and feeling stuffed up, I guess. But as far as general water retention, I think there have been studies showing it doesn't increase extracellular water, it's all intracellular, what you want. Of course it's possible the studies didn't catch this side effect for whatever reason. But when I see various athletes and influencers mention this massive creatine bloat, even from low dosages, I think it's mostly in the mind. There is absolutely no reason something like Kre-Alkalyn doesn't bloat you like regular mono - it's mono! You just take less of it.

I first used creatine in I think it was 1993. I bought 3 bottles of Twinlab creatine. I didn't get anything from it. Later on I started getting effects, could see it on the scale etc.
Being that cells make up 50% of your blood volume, and creatine is in your blood = volumized cells including skeletal muscle and the cells in your small intestine, it only stands to reason that increased size of bodily cells equals tighter blood vessels, increased vascular pressure from increased intracellular fluid in skeletal muscle, possibly blood volume, and gastroenteritis.

I'm taking less (half) and it seems to be helping the BP but I feel so little from it that it's just not worth it.

Course I did take it yesterday and was able to project myself into the astral plane and go back in time. 😜

Being that cells make up 50% of your blood volume, and creatine is in your blood = volumized cells including skeletal muscle and the cells in your small intestine, it only stands to reason that increased size of bodily cells equals tighter blood vessels, increased vascular pressure from increased intracellular fluid in skeletal muscle, possibly blood volume, and gastroenteritis.

I'm taking less (half) and it seems to be helping the BP but I feel so little from it that it's just not worth it.

Course I did take it yesterday and was able to protect myself into the astral plane and go back in time. 😜
that does make sense... I may also try a half dose. my bp does creep up a little in the pm... maybe that will help solve that

100 days worth 500g for 55 bucks? Not sure I'm seeing that as a problem.
That is wholesale before the markup to the end consumer. A year ago a kilo was available retail for 20ish. I am not saying creatine is pharma GH prices but that is a HUGE jump in under a year. Creatine has gone up in price more in the last year than it has since I started selling supplements in 1999.

For those that like it and if you can find a decent price it is likely stock the seller bought prior to the huge jump and it would be smart to hop on it while you can.

For me it's all in the gut when drinking it. If I toss it in my intra the whole thing feels like all 64oz takes up permanent residence in my stomach. If it was simple sub q water I could care less but I process intra drinks like a champ without it and seemingly not at all with it.

That is wholesale before the markup to the end consumer. A year ago a kilo was available retail for 20ish. I am not saying creatine is pharma GH prices but that is a HUGE jump in under a year. Creatine has gone up in price more in the last year than it has since I started selling supplements in 1999.

For those that like it and if you can find a decent price it is likely stock the seller bought prior to the huge jump and it would be smart to hop on it while you can.
Forgive me. I sometimes forget the prices of things. Getting back hard this year has me with 10 things coming or going and I try to keep track of spending and credits but I don't know even what I recieved and didn't. This creatine I've had for a year. Maybe even more than a year.

Gear and food is the big dollar bills. all these supplements are like pennies and change. will the make a difference probably not. if they don't bother your body and wallet you can take it. i would rather just eat real food and take gear. whey isolate is the only supplement but technically its actually food if you think about it that i take now.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear