over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

creatine harmful while on??

kscowboy

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
I read a post by Emeric saying that if you are on a cycle you should not be taking creatine and it can be harmful. I have heard conflicting things about this. I know some people get their blood work back with high creatinine levels even without taking creatine. So should it be avoided while on cycle for health reasons not for size reasons. KS

I continue to use my pre-workout during cycle, it has creatine in it and I have never had any problems.

pretty sure I was reading a cautionary thread by BaldNazi (slight chance it was maldorf, but 90 percent sure it was BN) and he mentioned that when he got sick he was on a lot of creatine at the time. So what I mean is I think that it def stresses the body out on higher dosages and that cant be good on an already stressed out body/system.....

I read a post by Emeric saying that if you are on a cycle you should not be taking creatine and it can be harmful. I have heard conflicting things about this. I know some people get their blood work back with high creatinine levels even without taking creatine. So should it be avoided while on cycle for health reasons not for size reasons. KS

I ony use it during OFF time when I really need and could use it.

I am also wondering if it causes some of the distended stomachs that we see. i have noticed that within the last couple weeks, my body fat seems to be dropping but my stomach is more distended. Im not bloated like some people get from creatine but more of a distended gut. :confused:

Unrelated, but I hate being off creatine . . cuz being on keeps me considerably fuller.

Always use it,never had any problems with it, its in my pre-workout formula, my post workout formula and i take it 2x/day on non-workout days. However, i also drink at least a gallon of distilled water a day, get my liver values checked and kidney funtion checked and a couple of other things the doc checks via blood tests about every 6 weeks or so, never had a bad report, but i also take all of the ancillary/precautionary supplements as well as a variety of vitamins/minerals.

QUESTION - is it really effective to take creatine an hour or two before your workout? Wouldn't the creatine be better "absorbed" if taken with your breakfast, several hours before the workout?

yea

you can take it anytime

I here creatine works good with var?, never tried it. just use it when off cycle to keep full.

No Worries

You can use creatine while on. People really seem to over think things.

ive never had problems but i will always use it for PCT it always helps me retain some mass

ive never had problems but i will always use it for PCT it always helps me retain some mass

I'm not knocking what you're saying, but it reminds me of a popular idea I've read on another board which is to save the creatine for PCT . . . "Don't use it while on, save it for PCT to keep some mass" . . . as if using for both cycle and PCT will cause it to lose its effectiveness during PCT . . . haha.

I know very little on this subject though, so they could be right . . who knows.

Well, it depends...

CAN Cr be harmful when on? Yes.

Can Cr NOT be harmful when on? Yes

Is Cr worth it while on? That wasn't your question, so that's a different thread/topic.

:D

Can Cr be harmful when on? Yes... BUT, really the most simple yet best thing one can do for their kidney's while on and with Cr is HYDRATION... FLUSH those puppies! :)

Just the other day we had a patient with rhabdomyolysis... basically a severe injury to the muscle(s) which results in enzymes, electrolytes and myoglobin tstart pouring out of the muscle into the circulation... if these levels go too high, the patient can go into acute renal failure and be on dialysis temporarily to get rid of the waste products. Why? The kidneys basically get "gunked up" (that's a fancy medical term don't ya know ;)) and can't filter.

How did we treat this patient (and is the first line of treatment for similar patients)? We doubled her IV fluid requirements with some bicarb in them to help neutralize the blood and just flushed, flushed, flushed... that's it... and time (A LOT of time).

Don't wait until you are thirsty to drink water... there is a delay between your brain and your thirst- you could be 10% dehydrated by the time you feel thirsty (enough to significantly affect training as well)... you want your urine to be nice and clear by the afternoon if not by the end of the day (morning is OK to be yellow).

- Elevated creatinine levels: well, if you are training and on Cr, then really, it's a false elevation, or an "induced" elevation... not one d/t poor renal function... if worried, just go off the Cr a week before your blood test.

Blood pressure: keep this in check to take strain off the kidney's that might otherwise impair their filtering.

I'm not knocking what you're saying, but it reminds me of a popular idea I've read on another board which is to save the creatine for PCT . . . "Don't use it while on, save it for PCT to keep some mass" . . . as if using for both cycle and PCT will cause it to lose its effectiveness during PCT . . . haha.

I know very little on this subject though, so they could be right . . who knows.

lol
idk i just do whatever they tell me.lol
:p

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members