over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Creatine while cutting!!!

blackrock

Registered
What are your guys opinion on creatine?

It definitely helps me during my cut, and I can lift a bit more and little longer on it. At the same time it messes with my head on a cut cause I gain weight when I start it, and look less leaner... On top of that its one more unnatural shit I am putting in my body that I wont be on forever.

What is your guys opinion on cutting with and without creatine?

I do. The weight your putting on initially is just water weight and it will go away. No big deal. And it's not unnatural. Creatine is already found in meats. It is the most studied sports supplement there is

I use too.

As a recommendation, synthetek's synthecreatine is of pure pharmaceutical grade and very easy to drink, as it totally dissolves in liquids and doesn't have the disgusting sandy taste the regular creatine do.

I've been using creatine for 9 years on and off, and think it is completely useless. That being said, I still use it because it's so cheap. Cutting or gaining, doesn't matter when you use it.

I've been using creatine for 9 years on and off, and think it is completely useless. That being said, I still use it because it's so cheap. Cutting or gaining, doesn't matter when you use it.

I find that I dont get much out of it unless im using it up in the 20 grams a day range. Incidentally John Kiefer wrote an article about it awhile back I believe.

I find that I dont get much out of it unless im using it up in the 20 grams a day range. Incidentally John Kiefer wrote an article about it awhile back I believe.

20g a day? You don't get a diarrhea everyday?

Not at all. Its spread out throughout the day.

I keep it at 5-10 grams per day. The saturation point takes a little longer than higher loading doses, but I don't care. It works, for during both cutting and bulking.

Cutting or bulking, I use creapure.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I read a study that you only need 5g for saturation, but since most of us are larger people, maybe we need more.

creatine?
sure... why not. anything that will help
-JS

I load with 25-30g per day for a week and then take 5-15g per day. I just add a teaspoon to every protein shake so my intake varies. To me it helps get an extra set or two out of a workout. 190 servings for $15 or so. I'm in.

Figure if I lift four times a week, that's 16+ extra sets a month. Every rep counts.

I load with 25-30g per day for a week and then take 5-15g per day. I just add a teaspoon to every protein shake so my intake varies. To me it helps get an extra set or two out of a workout. 190 servings for $15 or so. I'm in.

Figure if I lift four times a week, that's 16+ extra sets a month. Every rep counts.

That's what I'm always telling my clients.

You're not supposed to load creatine. Come on son, even noobs know that.

You're not supposed to load creatine. Come on son, even noobs know that.

They just see write that shit on the tin to sell more:banghead:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I read a study that you only need 5g for saturation, but since most of us are larger people, maybe we need more.

The study that was done on this is like 20 years old at this point. John Kiefer's article stated that the original study was done with 2o grams a day to load and then 5 a day to maitain. Well the study never came back later on to test and see if the 5 gram maintenance actually maintained the saturation point. In his studies and research he stated that after several weeks on the 5 gram maintenance dose people dropped back below maintenance and basically got nothing from it. He reccommends people use between 20 and 30 grams a day(depends on bodyweight, he had some formula but without looking up the article i dont know it off the top of my head) Plus the 5 gram dose is based of a person somewhere in the 180-200 pound range. Im 253

Here's a shorter version of the articel by John for anyone who is interested

"Researchers initially found that 20 grams per day of creatine, taken for five days, successfully raised muscle creatine content by 30-45 percent. The same protocol—20 grams per day, then maintenance of supraphysiological concentration with 2-3 grams daily after that—has been used since 1996[43] with little to no deviation in the research.

Consider the fact that a 150 pound male (70 kilograms) will burn through about two grams of creatine naturally every day[44]. Since 95 percent of creatine exists within muscle tissue, the average resistance-trained athlete would require greater amounts of creatine just to maintain normal cellular levels.

The two-grams-per-day maintenance level is the current recommendation by the American College of Sports Medicine’s expert panel on creatine[45]. After using more advanced methods of determining intracellular creatine levels in 2003, however, researchers found that after two weeks of using the standard protocol, intracellular creatine levels returned to baseline[46].

The 20 grams-per-day mark was little more than an arbitrary choice by early investigators, and for some reason, it stuck. Even researchers using formulas accounting for bodyweight and body mass still assumed that a 150 pound man should take 20 grams of creatine per day. Nobody tested this assumption.

This can’t possibly be the optimal dosing schedule for everyone. Humans carry about two grams of creatine per kilogram of lean muscle mass (one gram per pound). The maximum we can put into muscles is about 3g/kg (1.4g/lb)[47]. To hit this level, a 150 pound male would need about 25 grams of creatine supplementation.

To increase the amount of creatine we carry to a level above the baseline (1g/lb), we need at least two grams per day for maintenance, plus 0.4g for every lean pound of muscle. For a 200 pound male carrying 60 pounds of lean muscle, a reasonable calculation would be:

(0.4g/lb * 60 lbs)/0.95 + 2g ≈ 27.3g

My hypothesis is that this would be the minimum amount of creatine needed, daily, to maintain maximum intracellular levels—with the division by 0.95 taking into account the amount of creatine absorbed by the rest of the tissue in the body. There may be a better way to estimate the minimum daily dose, but the data for this doesn’t yet exist.

This alleviates the need for a loading period. If you’re fairly lean, this leads to a simple formula:

POUNDS: Bodyweight * 0.15 = grams of creatine monohydrate to ingest

KILOGRAMS: Body mass * 0.3 = grams of creatine monohydrate to ingest

Although these formulas would appear to overestimate needs, bear in mind that one gram of creatine monohydrate is only 88 percent creatine. The overage takes this into account."

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131