over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

creatine?

animal71

Banned
Of course everyone here is using creatine for training, but how many of you guys are still loading with creatine? We are talking about it on evo now and the discussion is that creatine loading is BS and isn't required at all. Do you guys load and why? I personally creatine load myself, so I'm kind used to it.

I've never found a benefit in loading creatine, just feel like I shit all that extra out. Loading or not, I start to feel the creatine taking effect within a week or two.

While most manufacturers still recommend a loading phase, multiple university studies indicate there is no long term benefit to loading. While there were "short term" benefits to the group that front loaded...on the long term, there wasn't an added benefit when compared to the control group that only took the recommended daily dose of creatine.

When I take creatine, I just start at the daily maintenance dose and put the saved money towards my next blast.

:yeahthat:

Absolutely no need, and neither is there any reason to go off. The loading-cycling recommendations of the 90's are no longer adhered to, as there has never been any evidence showing they are necessary or beneficial.

Of course, if you are just starting out then loading can fill creatine stores more quickly, but even without a load, it only takes about 1 month to fill them up at a dose of 3-5 grams/day. After that just continue with the same dose, permanently.

Until I see some evidence showing that cycling is in some way beneficial, and not just beneficial, but MORE beneficial than receiving the known benefits of creatine on a daily basis, then cycling cannot be justified. Creatine has many more benefits than its initial strength boosting effects, as it helps stimulate growth both directly and indirectly through multiple mechanisms. Taking time off just makes us lose out on benefits we could be receiving.

Some people say "I don't feel it anymore if I take it too long". Of course they don't...because once creatine stores are full, the quick jumps in strength stop, but this doesn't mean it stops supplying its benefits.

Last edited:
I do not load. I find that staying on 5g on off days and 10g on training days is what works for me. The excess from a load won't hurt you but it will not really benefit you either.

we can all agree that creatine is a great option for those who want to stay natural, are too young for roids, or those who need something in between cycles.

people overcomplicate things too much

My stomach can't handle creatine any more for whatever reason, just goes right through me. :(

Absolutely no need, and neither is there any reason to go off. The loading-cycling recommendations of the 90's are no longer adhered to, as there has never been any evidence showing they are necessary or beneficial.

Of course, if you are just starting out then loading can fill creatine stores more quickly, but even without a load, it only takes about 1 month to fill them up at a dose of 3-5 grams/day. After that just continue with the same dose, permanently.

Until I see some evidence showing that cycling is in some way beneficial, and not just beneficial, but MORE beneficial than receiving the known benefits of creatine on a daily basis, then cycling cannot be justified. Creatine has many more benefits than its initial strength boosting effects, as it helps stimulate growth both directly and indirectly through multiple mechanisms. Taking time off just makes us lose out on benefits we could be receiving.

Some people say "I don't feel it anymore if I take it too long". Of course they don't...because once creatine stores are full, the quick jumps in strength stop, but this doesn't mean it stops supplying its benefits.

THANKS MIKE! YEA I TAKE 10 GRAMS A DAY DIVIDED IN TO 3 DOSES ALL YEAR ROUND.

My stomach can't handle creatine any more for whatever reason, just goes right through me. :(

Make sure you are using a standalone creatine product. A lot of creatine products are full of stimulants, sugar, and/or artificial flavours or sweeteners.

I suspect it's one of the artificial sweeteners or flavours in the product that is upsetting your stomach, not the creatine itself.

I personally use Ancient Strength from n2bm.com and have never had an issue with gastric upset.
**broken link removed**

I haven't tried creatine in a while but will be trying Crea-TEN by 5% nutrition next month. Stacking it with synthetine and slin so should get great results.

I'm the same with most creatine powders. So I take Kre-Alkalyn pills (no loading but I take double the dose (6 pills) to get the standard 5mg you'd get in powders.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use Creapure. Even TN's regular creatine does this to me but not their Creapure. Great stuff!

I quit loading for awhile because people/studies says it wasn't necessary. Then one day I went back to loading and noticed a diffrence so now I load. If you are unsure try both to see if you notice a diffrence shit is cheap.

I keep forgetting to restock. I don't think anyone else mentioned it, but there are definite cognitive benefits to creatine. Nothing dramatic, but my thinking is sharper when I keep on it. Just ordered a kilogram this morning for $10. No reason to NOT stay on it, as long as your gut agrees.

Make sure you are using a micronized version--preferably ultra-micronized. It the creatine sinks to the bottom of your glass after mixing--at all--it is not micronized finely enough. I have the same problem with non-micronized versions--gives me nausea, bloating, and general digestive difficulty, but if it is finely micronized, and I consume it with food, I have no issues at all.

Some good versions are...

creatine monohydrate
creatine magnesium chelate
creatine gluconate

..and there are several others, as well. But make sure you research whatever version you are considering taking, as not all of them can withstand stomach acid adequately, or fail to reach the muscles sufficiently. There have been tons of creatines which were at one time thought to be superior, but have since been shown to be worthless, or near worthless.

Lastly, if you have tried a few finely micronized and well absorbing forms of creatine (such as those listed above), yet still have some issues with it, try taking it with a meal--whichever meal produces a decent insulin spike. You don't have to take creatine with a sugar-only drink. As long as there is some insulin present, whether by way of food, drink, or exogenous insulin, the creatine you are using will still be transported to the muscles sufficiently, regardless of whether your meal contains proteins and/or fats.

One more thing. You don't need more than about 3-5 grams per day, on a daily basis, to keep creatine stores full (it takes about 30 days to get there). Taking large doses at once can potentially cause stomach problems, so you might want to stick with 5 grams daily and see how that goes. 5 grams is generally sufficient for maximizing creatine stores even in 250+ lb bodybuilders.

Last edited:
I'm the same with most creatine powders. So I take Kre-Alkalyn pills (no loading but I take double the dose (6 pills) to get the standard 5mg you'd get in powders.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might want to look into Kre-alkalyn a bit. Originally, it was marketed as being "more" effective than monohydrate, per gram, due to its superior PH balance. This study was conducted by the makers of Kre-alkalyn.

However, subsequent research has shown that it is LESS effective. I believe there are at least a few studies showing this.

This wouldn't be the first time a "new" form of creatine was initially promoted as being superior for whatever reason, but was subsequently shown to be junk (remember creatine ethyl ester?) or less efficacious to various degrees. I am not saying this is the case with Kre-alkalyn, but I do know university studies have been conducted disproving Kre-alkalyn's original claims.

Last edited:
Lastly, if you have tried a few finely micronized and well absorbing forms of creatine (such as those listed above), yet still have some issues with it, try taking it with a meal--whichever meal produces a decent insulin spike. You don't have to take creatine with a sugar-only drink. As long as there is some insulin present, whether by way of food, drink, or exogenous insulin, the creatine you are using will still be transported to the muscles sufficiently, regardless of whether your meal contains proteins and/or fats.

I've had excellent results taking 5 grams with my post-training amino tabs since the aminos provide a nice insulin spike.

I quit loading for awhile because people/studies says it wasn't necessary. Then one day I went back to loading and noticed a diffrence so now I load. If you are unsure try both to see if you notice a diffrence shit is cheap.

Loading will produce more dramatic results initially--if you have not been using creatine and then go back on--because creatine stores will fill more rapidly. However, just using the standard 5 grams per day will fill stores equally if you use it a bit longer--about a month.

In fact, there was one study conducted which showed that NOT loading actually results in slightly HIGHER creatine stores compared to loading. Researchers compared the creatine stores between two groups. One group took 20-30 grams for the typical loading phase, while the other took 5 grams for 30 days. Levels were higher in the group that took just 5 grams for 30 days. This is because loading is less efficient. If you pound creatine consistently, as happens during loading, the body begins to absorb less creatine per dose. Of course, stores will eventually even out over time, but the point is that loading absolutely will not produce higher total levels of stored creatine over time.

Last edited:
I've had excellent results taking 5 grams with my post-training amino tabs since the aminos provide a nice insulin spike.

Leucine does, yes. As for the other two BCAAs, not so much. Also, because insulin sensitivity is higher post-training, absorption will be more efficient compared to other times of the day.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131