over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

creatinine and Bun levels high

I was also really confused about what he was talking about...
how would 1.0 CRE be abnormal for anybody??
I could see it possibly indicating the future onset of acute glomerunephritis in a non weight training sedentary young adult since its on the higher end.

Oh, I almost forgot, are you making urine?

lmao! that's a good question made me chuckle. Funny how we don't even ask the dumbest and simplest of questions... I guess we could assume he is though since he never said anything about it:p

Just to address a few of your points along the lines of not freaking the guy out...with the utmost respect to your position

that's never going to happen at 1.7, at 4.2 though, most definitely!

true, hopefully it will have resolved completely in 5 weeks

most definitely, frequent labs assessing critical organ function are a MUST, the GH/IGF, test/est etc. are just icing on the cake

1.0 would be normal in any circumstance, and would not ever signify ESRD

I think if it was a case of prerenal azotemia the BUN would be much higher, and upping his fluids would be the easiest solution. It's a little disconcerting that it's not.

not quite that high, but I see now that you amended your post

I'm hoping it's super supps, in which I will defer to Trinity's expertise.

Right, which is why I don't understand the doctor not hospitalizing and ordering more tests immediately. This could easily become a medical emergency at any time.

Did they do an EKG? And everything kosher...the potassium levels on your chemistry are normal?

I think in the absence of acute dyspnea or hyperkalemia this is hopefully an issue that can be resolved on an outpatient basis.

If there's no more follow up you should probably contact a lawyer because you will be rich.

agree with all your points. But spending many years selling to dialysis there are plenty of clinical cases where old, very feable, small women have creatinine that is quite low and then it doubles due to a sever kidney issue. Certainly as the kidneys get worse that number will go above 1.0. But if your creatinine is at .3 maybe you just happen to get bloodwork as it is at 1.0.

My overarching point is an old lady who in September has a creatinine of .3 and then in january it is 1.0 or 1.2 would be of far great concern than a 300 pound athlete with 1.6 for 10-20 years.

the op's case is different though. As you said exercise, being a bber, being active, lifting big weights doesn't make it shoot to 4.2.

You're right... if somebody's CRE suddenly doubles or triples out of the blue then we have to assess the baseline,deviation,and symptoms being exhibited by the pt . I'm curious though, how many people have you seen with a CRE of 0.4 at that age...? o_O ...

I was also really confused about what he was talking about...
how would 1.0 CRE be abnormal for anybody??
I could see it possibly indicating the future onset of acute glomerunephritis in a non weight training sedentary young adult since its on the higher end.

I was just making the point it is about trends. My wife's cre is around .6 if hers shot to 1.1 I'd be far more concerned than mine staying 1.4-1.5 for 12 years even though that is "high".

I actually saw a women in my last job who had a cre of .2 (the lowest I have EVER seen) and it went to .9 in 60 days. It was full boar "you are in kidney failure" freak out mode.

It ended up being a false positive due to a medication but that is the only point I was making. Deviations from the norm is generally what we look for.

Yep you're absolutely right. Yah if somebody's CRE randomly goes up like that, it tends to just be due to medications . I will say though, that I don't think anybody should be at a 1.4-1.5 regardless of the circumstance....

you don't have those levels right? honestly I don't think think there's any reason to be above 1.1ish continously.

Last edited:
You're right... if somebody's CRE suddenly doubles or triples out of the blue then we have to assess the baseline,deviation,and symptoms being exhibited by the pt . I'm curious though, how many people have you seen with a CRE of 0.4 at that age...? o_O ...

I used to sell various drugs/equipment that had me in dialysis centers and dealing with nephrologists and honestly a lot of older women have crazy low cre. Such a loss in muscle and inactivity. Some of these women have no movement, are 95 pounds, eat virtually nothing, and nave cre less than .5

Even some guys...I mean my grandpa is like at .7

Yep you're absolutely right. Yah if somebody's CRE randomly goes up like that, it tends to just be due to medications . I will say though, that I don't think anybody should be at a 1.4-1.5 regardless of the circumstance....

you don't have those levels right? honestly I don't think think there's any reason to be above 1.1ish continously.

you brought up a good point though...medications can make a big difference. We see that a lot.

hmmmm... I believe you but I'm surprised I haven't seen that if that's the case. sounds like you have been around it for years though. i have a question for you though: did these people you saw normally have comorbidities or was it strictly kidney problems?

Last edited:
It is funny the first time i was tested and got 1.7 at 20 years old I was told to go to the hospital immediately and they need to run tests and most likely start dialysis.

scary shat

Yeah but when was the last time you exercised beforehand? I sit at 0.9 the day after weight training.

All doctors assume everyone is making the same amount of creatinine, therefor high levels indicated the kindeys are not clearing creatinine fast enough.

The fact is, large amounts of creatinine are produced by muscle mass, and the more muscle you have, the more creatinine you produce, high protein intake also produces creatinine. Creatinine is a meaningless thing to measure in the serum UNLESS it is preceded by a 24 hour urine collection.

Yeah but when was the last time you exercised beforehand? I sit at 0.9 the day after weight training.

Physique competitors have lower creatinine than bodybuilders.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws