over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Creatinine, GFR, blood + 24hr urine test

jrock00123

Registered
So like many here my BUN and creatinine always come back high. My results from this week's test show that my eGFR also came back low, so I started checking more into these value. After some reading I was not overly concerned, but decided to do the 24hr urine test just to be sure.

I did the original bloodwork on Monday and the creatinine blood/urine test yesterday. Also, I did not change anything in my diet and I continued to train as usual. I wanted to see my values are under "regular" conditions.

The results of each test are attached. The only value I'm unsure about is the "Creatinine, Ur 24hr". The clearance looks fine and even the normal bloodwork eGFR came down some.

There are two reason for this post. First, if someone in the medical field could confirm my assumption that all is good based on these result, that would be great.

Second, I wanted to post these for anyone else that may see high levels on their bloodwork. Taking both test within a few days and without making any dietary, training or supplement changes, confirms that the blood test are useless for those with high muscle mass and high protein diets.

Attachments

• Comp Met Panel.jpg
    Comp Met Panel.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 367
  • Creatinine clearance.jpg
    Creatinine clearance.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,180
I had a test come back with almost the same values.Doctor had me retest in 8 weeks during that time I went on 100 on test prop weekly,Drank 150 oz water daily and dropped protein to 150 grams daily.Creatine level dropped and egfr went from 57 to 66.Retested 4 months later using same protocal egfr was up to 77.Had run tren at 400 weekly for 8 weeks when low 57 egfr occurred.

I'm sure I could a similar protocol and have good results, the question is why? In other words, why try to "trick" the blood test when the test itself is flawed and useless for our population? eGFR is a calculated value based on total creatinine and some very wrong assumptions about the patients diet and lean mass. The test is totally flawed for our population and the kidney organization that promotes "level x" damage based solely on this value should be embarrassed by the incompetence of those rankings without a strong asterisks stating that a high protein intake and/or higher than "normal" lean mass will cause false results.

The urine test on the other hand is supposed to be accurate. Would still love to hear from someone with medical knowledge on my "Creatinine, Ur 24hr" result. My understanding is that it is the clearance that is important and not the totals. But again, someone with more knowledge can verify this.

Your assertion on the variables of serum creatinine→muscle mass→protein consumption→work load on muscle tissue break down is correct.

Other factors that can falsely increase serum creatinine also need to be taking into consideration that will change the range value of eGFR, such as certain medications ie; ACE inhibitors, certain antibiotics and hydration status.

Cystatin C is another blood test that is used on renal function, that has no influence on one's muscle mass, protein intake or physical activity. Although, one's thyroid status can influence Cystatin C . Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism (sub-clinical hypo/hyper also can influence) increase Cystatin C, therefore lowers calculated eGFR.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity