YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Creeping intolerance with Whey (isolate included)?

I'm betting this is the problem.

My theory is we've done this to ourselves through years of abusing our digestive systems consuming 6-8 meals/day year after year. My belief is that this type of eating causes our guts to secrete less acid over time. As we age we naturally secrete less acid anyway.

What will be the best bet for a good protein powder, then? Whey Isolate? Casein? Egg? Or?

I can’t do casein anymore, makes me feel like garbage

I want to try redcon MRE lite, but when I emailed them for the amino acid profile of the protein they gave me the run around.

I would do this blend if milk proteins were fucking me up...TN...

25 Beef
25 egg
25 pea
25 hemp....but it might taste like dogshit

My theory is we've done this to ourselves through years of abusing our digestive systems consuming 6-8 meals/day year after year. My belief is that this type of eating causes our guts to secrete less acid over time. As we age we naturally secrete less acid anyway.
I think this is definitely a factor. Food in general has become michore difficult to process in the last 5-7 years.

I can’t do casein anymore, makes me feel like garbage

I want to try redcon MRE lite, but when I emailed them for the amino acid profile of the protein they gave me the run around.

I would do this blend if milk proteins were fucking me up...TN...

25 Beef
25 egg
25 pea
25 hemp....but it might taste like dogshit
Redcon MRE Lite made me feel sick.

If my stomach acid was low all I would have to do is drink a couple cups of strong coffee and that would fix the problem.

Anyone else get this after several years of shakes? I think it might be age related as well (52 this year for the uninitiated).
It happens irrespective of brands, mostly now using MyProtein isolate for reference.

I feel bloated, but not gassy.
I feel like it all tastes terrible these days somehow, regardless of flavor.
I get a chill/shiver when swallowing it down. No gagging, but quite unpleasant.
Curiously, when in my oats it doesn't make me feel awful, but I still probably get bloated.
One shake a day now is all I can take.
I take enzymes with every meal/shake.

Working from home for over a year now - and it seems as long as I want - I can probably go all-food.
I suspect it could be growing intolerance with age, something something Dante has warned us about.
I stopped drinking whey a few months ago. I feel so much better. I make my own shakes on True Nutrition and started using majority beef protein with a little bit of plant protein as well. I don't think the amino breakdown is as good as whey but man my stomach has been thanking me. IMO if you drink enough BCAAs and EAAs throughout the day you should be fine. Much smarter dudes on here can correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh. And I only use ice if I’m going to drink the one I’ve just made. But I actually prefer to make them ahead of time as it allows the rice flour to soften and feel less gritty.
Thank you, sir!

I think this is definitely a factor. Food in general has become michore difficult to process in the last 5-7 years.
try betaine hcl, ive been using a product by nutricost with Betaine hcl and pepsin with good results

What will be the best bet for a good protein powder, then? Whey Isolate? Casein? Egg? Or?
I personally do a blend like TN's teamskip protein.

TN's teamskip is one of the few that doesn't bloat me up.
Damn, you're lucky. I think its the egg for me at least.
I made a switch over to Iso 100 + liquid eqq whites instead and i feel much better.

I started using hydrochloric acid tabs back in the 90's after reading Parillo's stuff. with the high caloric diets he pushed, any help in digestion was a help.

On another note. It seems that switching manufacturer's has helped some. But as most companies buy their powder from others and don't make their own. I would think that the ingredients other then the protein may be the problem.

I stopped drinking whey a few months ago. I feel so much better. I make my own shakes on True Nutrition and started using majority beef protein with a little bit of plant protein as well. I don't think the amino breakdown is as good as whey but man my stomach has been thanking me. IMO if you drink enough BCAAs and EAAs throughout the day you should be fine. Much smarter dudes on here can correct me if I'm wrong.
Amino profile really takes on great importance when eating a source in isolation. Since this does not describe most BBers any shortcomings of one specific source become of a lesser concern. I will take a "less than optimal" profile vs nothing vs something that jacks up digestion for the day.

In all reality the MRE Lite most likely uses collagen from the animal sources listed. If you look at what they charge it is the only answer that makes financial sense. I personally DO NOT have an issue with this because as stated above I am not consuming it in a vacuum.

I was using a blend of 50% Whey Iso / 30% Pea Iso / 20% Egg white from TN, and it did well after I was *maybe* having some issues with whey isolate last year. A huge credit to Dante for helping me on that, both with his suggestions and costs....sent me free samples of a few proteins to experiment with. I'm still not sure if it was specifically from whey, it could have been the sudden increase in fiber for me in regards to hitting the toilet. Many months later, I was fine with Whey, but cut down the total amount of dairy/dairy proteins.

I should note I also had a cholecystectomy in 2016. I have not had any real problems, actually had more prior to the surgery, but I get an occasional surprise every now and then, especially with certain spices, chile sauces, and liquid fats (both healthy and unhealthy choices).

I feel shitty after some shakes. There has to be 100% isolate for me and zero concentrate bs. Try beef protein. Carnivore maybe.

I feel all of your pain. Certain brands of whey can be amazing but others. I get the same symptoms and my physique looks worse! I’m liking vegan blends these days and some whey brands. Isopure and ON always do me well. My digestion is weird. Last show I did, I prepped on cream of rice. Now cream of rice bloats me.

I’ve always been under the impression the more undenatured the whey (cold processed for instance) the more problems it causes with Bloating. Reason being is Bc the immunoglobulins haven’t been destroyed (peptide hormones aren’t as well though I’m sure that all destroyed anyway ingesting it).
Here’s an example. Isopure protein is a really high grade whey isolate and is cold processed..but it bloats me worse than any other protein. On the other hand, when I buy cheap ass Optimum nutrition 100% whey I hardly bloat. So that’s the protein I buy now simply Bc I can’t eat after ingestion high quality wheys. That my experience, whether the explanation is correct is up for debate. But I tend to think there’s at least some truth to that.
I believe this to be true also, it can take a while to get used to digesting whey and if you stop using it for long enough there can be a period of adjustment.

If I drink whey or casein I get a terrible lump in my throat, chest pain and burps like crazy. It's brutal and ruins me for an hour or so. First thing in the morning on an empty stomach isn't as bad though.

For me it always seemed to be a Dairy issue. It's just whey and Casein that did this, no other protein.

Anyone else get this after several years of shakes? I think it might be age related as well (52 this year for the uninitiated).
It happens irrespective of brands, mostly now using MyProtein isolate for reference.

I feel bloated, but not gassy.
I feel like it all tastes terrible these days somehow, regardless of flavor.
I get a chill/shiver when swallowing it down. No gagging, but quite unpleasant.
Curiously, when in my oats it doesn't make me feel awful, but I still probably get bloated.
One shake a day now is all I can take.
I take enzymes with every meal/shake.

Working from home for over a year now - and it seems as long as I want - I can probably go all-food.
I suspect it could be growing intolerance with age, something something Dante has warned us about.

I know this topic is always controversial thanks to mainstream medicine, but I can almost guarantee to you with all certainty that the problem is one word: Gluten. You are in the age group in which gluten has caused already so much damage in your gut that you start developing random weird symptoms with food intake. For others is way early. I developed symptoms way before you, including lactose intolerance, leaky gut, etc. and other symptoms along with yours. Since no MD was able to help me, I studied by myself the field of Naturopathic Medicine. When I came across gluten, I stopped it completely 100% religiously, it changed my life. Month after month got better and better to the point of feeling and being better than ever before in my life. it actually cured lifelong symptoms such as rhinitis, allergies, reddish face cheeks and others. Gluten is poison for humans. Oats are too. Not exactly the same molecule, but their "avenin" is very similar to gluten and causes almost the same damage to the vili.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws