over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Critique my routine

F

freefaller21

Stats: 6'2, 195lbs, approximatley 12%bf. I consider myself a combination of an ecto and a meso. All natural.

I'd like to put on about 20lbs of mass. Anyway, here's my current workout routine.

Day 1: Chest, tris
3x8, incline barbell press
3x8, flat bench press
3x8, dumbell flyes
3x8, overhead triceps extension
3x8, triceps press down

Day 2: Back, biceps
3x8,6,4, deadlifts
3x8, wide grip chins
3x8, t-bar rows
3x8, seated cable rows
3x8, barbell curls
2x8, incline dumbell curls

Day 3: Shoulders
3x8, military press
3x8, dumbell side laterals
3x8, bent over dumbell laterals
3x8, upright rows

Day 4: Legs
3x10, squats
3x8, lunges or leg press
3x8, stiff leg deadlifts
3x8, standing calf raises
3x8, donkey calf raises

These workouts are preformed every other day, I've just gotten my diet on track. I eat evey 3hrs, about 250g of protein a day, 500g of carbs a day, fats are low, but I make sure its the good stuff. My diet is very clean. What do you guys think, should I make any changes?

Hmm

Sounds like too much training, and not enough food, add some fats, drop some carbs. What is the split like m-t then thursday friday or what.

I work out on tuesday, thursday, and sunday. I can't get to the gym on saturday due to work, and I figure two days off will do me good.

Eat every 2 hours (or less) - 3 hours between feedings is too long. Eat between 350-400g protein ED - reduce carbs accordingly. Or, as vitor stated, reduce carbs even "more" and make up calorie deficiency with good fats like milled flax in your protein drinks.

xcel

how much total fat are we talking? ur pro and carbs calories put u at 3000 cals right there, i agree u need a good amount of good fat, buy some flax seeds and grind up a tablespoon in coffe grinder and add to shakes throughout the day, very healthy fats and the lignans have anti-estrogenic effects, also the carbs are all fiber which is good for u, throw some cla in there if u can afford it and dont forget the mighty fish oil, i get mine from kilosports.com, they have a great deal, i take shitloads a day. id change ur protein to 500 g and drop ur carbs to 250 or less, other goodies to add are r-ala

Thanks for the replies, I do add flax into my shakes, about one tablespoon a day, is this to little? Can someone tell me what CLA and R-ALA is?

Ok

CLA is a fat that burns fat, aids in the fat burning process.
RLA is a glucose dispoal agent or it shuttles sugar to your muscles first trying not to let any of it get stored as fat. It is good to take with high carb meals.

There is Rala and ala, I have a ton of rala and cant tell a diffrience bewteen the 2.

And add 1 table spoon to 3-4 shakes a day.

Cut back on the training and drop the flat bench barbell and add in incline dumbell presses...these are a must! Two good heavy sets of incline dumbells will do way more for you than the 'ol flat bench! Take care.

patk

freefaller: use flax seeds and throw a tbsp or two into a coffee grinder first to grind them then add them to ur shake that way u get the lignans which even the high lignan oil is low in, plus fiber

cla also is a good fat to aid slin sensitivity as well as the fish oils like epa/dha and ar emore important then flax IMO

vitor: r u dosing the r-ala and ala any differently?

Where do you guys buy your flax seeds?

Crowler said:
Where do you guys buy your flax seeds?
I bought a bunch of it online at Swansons but will be just getting it from the Health Food section at Fred Myers. It's actually just as cheap or cheaper than online at your local Health Food Store.

Then as Magoo said - it's dirt cheap to buy the flax seeds and grind your own! Make sure you keep everything in the fridge.

xcel

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity