over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

critique on my diet and workout routine

Dann

Registered
Hi everyone
This site has been a beacon of light for ppl like me … reading all of the pro’s posts, helped me out a lot when ever I have a question I come to this site and its very unlikely that I cant find the solution…
Same as for today I need all the good Pro’s over here to tell me about my diet and routine that I am doing for past 1 year … I cant seem to gain any muscle however my body is defined nicely over that period of time but no matter what I try to do I just cant seem to put even an ounce of meat on me … I am going to start of my telling bit about my self my life style and then diet and work out and I hope you guys can point me in right direction .

I am 30 yr old 5’10” 147lb
My body is define to the point where I can see my 4 abs out of six … I have a very tiny bulge on my lower belly which I think is due to my posture or I could be. Wrong..Its hardly noticeable if some one else looks at me …

By profession I am at I.T (System Admin) so I have a very hectic job I work from 7:00am till 5:30pm most of my work involves mental focus and I guess that exhaust me up a lot .still I always get my 9 hour sleep .

My diet
Morning 8:20
Whole wheat bagel with peanut butter and jam … cup of coffee two sugar two cream
Or
Bagel with egg and cheese with cup of coffee with 2 sugar and 2 cream
Or
2 Sunny side up eggs with tea

12:00 pm
5 tbsp LBA with a banana

2:00 pm
Grilled chicken breast around 8 to 10 oz with a bowl of salad
Or
Bowl of brow rice boiled with 8 oz of salmon grilled
Or
Bowl of steamed veggies with 8 oz of shrimps
Or
BEEF SHAWARMA
Except for weekend where i pig out a bit but no over board somthing like rotisserie chicken , Deli style beef burger or once in a blur moon fried chiekn like popeyes or KFC

Work at 5:30 for maximum of 45 min to an hour

7:00 pm
5 Tbsp LBA with handful of Frozen strawberries, Raspberries, blue berry. 0%YOGURT and either Tropicana orange or pomegranate juice .smoothie sort of

8:30 pm Dinner with either Grilled Chicken and salad
Or
Grilled Salmon or salad
Or
Sliced chicken breast Lightly Fried with just 1 tbsp of virgin olive oil with baked potatoes
Or
Tuna Burgers
Or
Sautee shrimp with light seasoning in curry

Work out

I usually try to hit Gym 5 times a week 1 day off after 3 days. my goal is to lift as heavy as possible without cheating and mostly without spot as I prefer to workout alone …
1st day chest and Back
3 sets of Decline max weight lift is 230 lbs minus bar 5 reps with help 3 without help
3 sets of pushup on medicine ball usually 40 to 50 reps
3 sets of pull ups with Max 45lb plate 7 to 9 reps all by my self
3 sets of row dumbles 100 lbs max 6 to 9 reps by my self
3 sets of Calf raise 260 lbs
9 mins of high intense cardio 7.5 mile per hour ( that include 1 min warm up and 2 min cool down )

2nd day
Legs
3 sets of power squat with 70 lbs per side minus bar
3 sets of leg curls 150lbs
3 sets of leg raise 30 reps each , 3 sets of crunches 30 reps each , 3 sets of crunches on machine 40 reps each in a cycle routine

3rd day
3 set of shoulder side lateral 35 lbs max on each side 6 to 9 reps
3 set of dumbbells curls 60 lbs each side 6 to 9 reps
3 set of close grip bench press for triceps 60 lbs on each side minus bar 6 to 9 reps
Leg raises and 9 min cardio just like on day one
4th day off
Right now I m not taking any sups as I m cleaning my body all I m taking is LBA and , Fish oil caps , Co Q 10 and Milk thistle that’s it .

So here is my routine … please let me know what I am doing wrong … why cant I put on a single oz of muscle on my body I know I m good at gaining fat but lean muscle is impossible …
Thanks in advance and sorry as this post got a bit long

You're not eating enough solid meals mate, I can only count 3 a day there.

Try and eat every 3 hours, something clean like chicken and rice or tuna and pasta or lean beef and veg.

Save the LBA's for between meals not as a meal substitute.

These are only my thoughts and you'll get plenty of differing views when it comes to your training routine so i'll leave that to the pro's on here :)

Its good that you know exactly what youre putting in your body and youve given enough detail for people to help.

Good luck.

Here the problem lies about my eating ... I dont get hungry that fast ... no matter how much i try if I try to eat more i just feel like throwing up.
then no matter what, I have to stop eating after 2:00 pm as i need my stomach to be some what lil empty when i hit the gym at 5:30 other wise i end up light headed and nauseated cos of my full stomach which totally throw me off my workout routine .
I need some thing in small volume which can really provide all the enery of a complete meal tht i m skipping

Also correct me if I am wrong ... but I read it on thse forum some where that if u eat when u are not hungry ur only putting on fat and not muscle.cos that wht body do if it doesnt need nutrient at the moment it will just store it in the form of fat ....

ok, well you need to do something to increase your appetite because no matter how hard you train youre not going to grow without the right amount of nutrients in your body.

I know Ive simplified what I see as the issue here with you not growing and this is the realm of coaches like Alex, Shelby, Phil etc who can tailor something specifically for you.

We're all different but there are some hard and fast facts about putting on size.

Hopefully you might get in touch with one of the guys Ive mentioned or wait for someone else to chime in.

Dann, I am going to agree with Michelin, you are not eating enough. Your breakfast should one of your more important meals and before and after workouts, you need to feed your body. If you are not hungry enough, their are supplements to increase your appetite. I believe Synthetek makes a good one. You should read Big A's sticky for beginners growth. Not eating the right calories will result in no gains.

Some one suggested me weight gainers ... I usually dont like the idea as most of them are full of sugar and instead of helping u put on muscles they just add fat ...
Any way would like to know this board opnion on tht

There are weight gainers that don't have much sugar. The bottom line is you need to eat solid food during the day and throw Protien shakes in between meals.

is that were u refering to " SYNTHELAMIN "
if so then i cant seem to find how to take it .. I mean oral or inject, thats the whole problem i cant seem to eat alot if I try i feel tired and when i hit gym in this state i either get light headed or feel like throwing up . I need something tht give me all the nutrients like something tht packs a punch
Thanks

is that were u refering to " SYNTHELAMIN "
if so then i cant seem to find how to take it .. I mean oral or inject, thats the whole problem i cant seem to eat alot if I try i feel tired and when i hit gym in this state i either get light headed or feel like throwing up . I need something tht give me all the nutrients like something tht packs a punch
Thanks

If you feel lightheaded eating something, it could be the wrong foods. If you feel like throwing up, 1 or 2 things, you are eating too much at once, or you have a medical condition and need to see a doctor. If you are feeling lightheaded when not eating something, I can understand. Try eating 4 meals a day to start, throw in LBAS or protien 2 times a day. Not eating alot of calories but enough to feel 3/4 full. Space out your meal more evenly, also. If you want to learn about SYNTHELAMIN, use the search button.

Eating too much ..!!! I think u got something there ... cos i eat very fast and i guess tht by the time my brain tells my body tht i m full i already pig my self out ... well ok i will try to go small portions today
Thanks

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner