over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

critique this stack- health and longevity

was supplement shopping for health and longevity stack at local pharmacy holy crap some of this stuff is expensive. CoQ10 seemed outrageous.
-JS

2 places

was supplement shopping for health and longevity stack at local pharmacy holy crap some of this stuff is expensive. CoQ10 seemed outrageous.
-JS

Dpsnutrition.com

Puritans pride (can't remember website right now, google)

GREAT prices

Oh, 3 places- purebulk.com

SWEET

Dpsnutrition.com

Puritans pride (can't remember website right now, google)

GREAT prices

Oh, 3 places- purebulk.com

will check em out!
-JS

THIS...

this is a great thread guys. Those of you that are using Hawthorne to help lower your bp, how much do you take? Was your bp elevated before starting it? did it help lower it. Mine is a bit high but my doc doesnt want to put me on anything yet so I was thinking about trying the hawthorne.

is what I have been using for months now, my BP was just above the high end of normal so I started using this, haven't had it checked by the doc yet but I do have one of those home units (its a good one) and it is perfect now, Doesnt say how much Hawthorne in it because it has other herbs blended in.

Attachments

• BPF.jpg
    BPF.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 290
This is good...

alot of good information.
i am really looking for good hormonal balance, anti oxidants, help with keeping blood pressure down and looks like everyone hit on those issues. this has been enlightening. formulating a plan and i appreciate all the advice.

health and longevity REALLY needs to be a part of everyones "stacks"
i never worried about it until now and wish i had.
hell, now i am even using a moisturizer cream to slow down the wrinkling process LOL:eek:
i never cared about this stuff before. wife thought it was funny when we were at the store getting her make up and i said,"maybe i should get a moisturizer...?":cool:
-JS

for hormonal balance.

Attachments

• TP stack.jpg
    TP stack.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 300
I now drink only ionized water...Some dont believe in it, but its usually those who have not tried it. It has helped me a lot

Please..

I now drink only ionized water...Some dont believe in it, but its usually those who have not tried it. It has helped me a lot

tell us more, how has it helped and how much do you drink and where do you get it. I know there was a thread a while back about something similar.

q

The things I take: (I can elaborate more tomorrow as I'm going to bed now)

Fish Oils
CO-Q10
Idebenone
Vitamin C + NAC every day (together is important)
Garlic pill (Garlique brand)
Vitamin D3 (5000iu) from healthy origins, already in an oil base
Beta 1,3 Glucan from Now Foods (For immunity, works GREAT for me)
Olive leaf extract (numerous benefits)
Primal Defense (Good bacterias, like acidophilus etc)
Digest Enzymes with my bigger meals
Bio-Curcumin from LEF (one of my more important supplements)
Co-Enzymated B-Complex
Methyl-Folate pill

Natural Calm (magnesium powder) Helps me sleep at night.. The best magnesium supplement I have ever taken. I can actually feel it calm me down.

Jarrows Pomegranate syrup concentrate (1 tablespoon a day)
Super Cissus

Yes I really take ALL of this, every day, religiously.

To elaborate on why I take some of these things

Fish Oils (That is an obvious one most know so I won't get into that)
CO-Q10 (once again obvious)

Idebenone (Synthetic version of CO-Q10. Fantastic for wrinkles, but it also helps cognition and brain function, very good antioxidant. And most importantly, idebenone can help prevent free radical damage during low oxygen scenarios. Where CO-Q10 supposedly can cause damage. Low oxygen scenarios like Strokes, heart attacks etc.)

NAC - great for breaking up mucus and congestion, boosts glutathione levels in the body. Helps the liver, and from studies seems much better than milk thistle for that reason. Also helps with visceral adipose tissue (as Big A mentioned as well)

Garlic Pills - For anti viral, anti bacterial, anti fungal, congestion, immunity, and lowers blood pressure etc. etc.

Beta 1,3 Glucan - Helps boost macrophage activity, and the immune system in general. White blood cells may expand in size and work much faster. I use it as an immuno stimulant. Also it causes any skin wounds to heal rapidly with me.

Olive Leaf - powerful anti viral, anti fungal, anti bacterial, powerful anti oxidant, great for lowering blood pressure by relaxing arteries, good for cholesterol, on and on and on. Will take for life.

Good bacterias, are good for digestion, gut health and lining, immune system, and many other roles in the body.

Bio-Curcumin - From turmeric, curcumin plays numerous roles in the body. I use it in foods, but i also supplement with it, it helps my joints. Its a powerful anti inflammatory, can help with cancers, prostate cancers etc. It also works like clen which is quite interesting. It's an anti-catabolic, and can help burn fat! I use an injectable curcumin for that however, as curcumin doesn't absorb very well orally.

Co-Enzymated B-Complex. I use activated co-enzyme forms, because the body sometimes cannot convert b vitamins into their active forms. Some lack the enzymes necessary, and more gets wasted. So i use active forms, and it works much better because it gives the body exactly what it needs. B vitamins to me, have done everything for my brain health, mood, energy, sleep, etc.

Methyl folate falls under that same category as b-complex

Natural Calm - magnesium. I use it to sleep actually. Mag plays over 300 different reaction roles in the body. I use it with calcium, i forget the rule of thumb, but the more protein you intake, the more magnesium and calcium you want to intake as well. I also take magnesium with creatine, as they work hand in hand.

Pomegranate syrup - I use this because it gives me the wonderful benefits of pomegranate without the extra sugar. I'll copy and paste exactly what my bottle says.

Jarrow FORMULAS® PomeGreat™ Pomegranate Juice Concentrate is made with California Wonderful Variety pomegranate fruit. It is 4 times more concentrated in antioxidants than regular pomegranate juice. Pomegranate tops all other conventional fruits, including blueberry and strawberry, in its ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) value, ranking pomegranate as one of the most powerful antioxidant fruits.

Pomegranate has been shown in scientific studies to benefit cardiovascular function, healthy cell replication, and antioxidation protection.* These health benefits are contributed by phytochemical compounds such as ellagic acid, gallic acid, anthocyanins, and tannins, including punicalagin, and other powerful phytonutrients.*

Clinical and experimental studies show that pomegranate juice:

* Decreases Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) oxidation.*
* Enhances cellular (macrophage) glutathione.*
* Helps maintain regular platelet activity.*
* Reduces activity of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) and supports normal vascular contraction.*
* Promotes normal cell function and replication.*

Also I do all my ordering on iherb. Way cheaper than physical stores. Their very fast. I usually receive next day, and free shipping.

Also I will add, that I use a whole host of herbs when they are needed.

I use lomatium (Biscuit Root) Helped native americans during the spanish flu. Practically was killing everyone around them but not them. Great for lungs

Elderberry syrup used every day to keep immune system good. It's a great anti viral, and has been shown to be just as effective as Tamiflu if taken at first symptoms. Also a great anti oxidant.

Hawthorne berry will be added if blood pressure goes up from time to time :D :D

Cordyceps used to improve oxygen to lungs, supposedly boosts ATP. Supposedly used by Chinese females during olympics in 1992 and was given credit for their wins. Used by Sherpas in the Himalayas for utilizing more oxygen. Helps with immunity, and has anti-cancerous properties that I have personal experience with. I saved my gf's dogs life using cordyceps so I am a believer in it.

I use Serrapeptase and Nattokinase. One is enzymes from silk worm, the other is Natto from fermented soy bean. Great for joints, great for digesting protein coated viruses capsids. Good for mucus and congestion issues. Great for eating up plaque and clearing arteries. In fact some doctors will recommend its usage before surgery on clogged arteries! IS NOT A BLOOD THINNER. DOctors who say that are completely MISTAKEN. It helps CLEAR the blood, but is NOT a blood thinner like aspirin. Huge difference. Helps against strokes. My parents take it religiously.

I take digestive enzymes with bigger meals.

If I have sleep issues, ill take Kava kava capsules (two of them) works wonders for me. I like that and something called Sleep Formula. Has L-theanine, magnolia and some other stuff in it. I DO NOT LIKE Melatonin. Gave me nightmares, and i don't like the idea of it messing with my normal melatonin production.

Also I will use Oil of Oregano if i'm getting sick.

Cissus is great on my joints

I use a lot of stuff for immunity, because I have a weak immune system. So I started really taking interest in all of these things.

WOW

thanks Welt, great info there, I don't use all that but some of it and now am interested in a few more.

How much NAC is recommended daily to get the full benefits? I don't see this discussed that often.

Great thread , great topic. I am always looking for new information in this area. I am at that age (43) were I have begun to realize how important these things are (health & longevity). I put a lot effort into good lifestyle decisions, food and supplement choices as well as paying attention to what I put in my brain.
People often overlook the impact of what consume mentally and emotionally in our daily lives. There is a direct correlation between positive mentality and a healthy fit body. Our brains work much like our bodies in that we are what we consume.
Garbage in, garbage out :lightbulb:

thanks WELT

and please don't assume i know what fish oils and CoQ-10 etc is for. there might be benefits to things that i don't know about or i might flat out be a dumb ass and not know lol.
GREAT INFO there. thx for taking the time.
-JS

Vitamin D3, 5000iu every day. Up to 10,000 (and more) is considered safe.
D3 is cholecalciferol, the most beneficial version.

**broken link removed**
Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet: Vitamin D

Massive G has spoken about it here and other places. Its actually a hormone and is essential for health.
Some research shows is may be a trigger for epigenomic responses.

It is important to take a vitamin d test. See a doctor and have a test. Read more about **broken link removed** here - **broken link removed**

Got a few questions.....

1. Does anybody use nattokinase instead of aspring for blood thinning?

2. Do any of these supplements make hematocrit levels go up?

3. Are blood thinning supps/meds even needed when your hematocrit levels are within range?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws