over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

critique this stack- health and longevity

Johnny Smiles

Banned
i will be honest i have never been concerned with health and longevity. mainly just muscle and size. after some bad health signs (high blood pressure and not doing so well on a kidney function test) i am researching health and longevity "stacks." this thread is aimed towards ONLY the over the counter products.
i am NOWHERE near done with my research but here is what i am thinking:

300mg Humanfort
Omega 3's
red yeast extract
tribulus product (the testosterone booster on TP)
Megacomplex GF
DHEA 25mgX2 (one morning one evening)
Multi-vitamin
baby aspirin (forgot to put that one on here thx slyder)

supp's i will take on the side that aren't necassarily geared towards health and longevity will be creatine and LBA's.

what would you do different and why?
what would you add or subtract to this stack and why?

hope this thread dosen't fizzle i could use some input since i am a newb at this "longevity thinking" :eek:
-JS

Last edited:
200mg/daily CoQ10 -it has a laundry list of benefits to include lowering blood pressure, bolstering immune system, etc etc....great stuff
81mg/aspirin daily which I believe you're already doing...
3-6mg/melatonin pre-bedtime (when needed) to improve quality of sleep...as you know lack of sleep leads to increased cortisol, higher BP, lack of recovery, blunted HGH/IGF release....

Think that's about it.

Edit....JS - is taking both humanofort and megacomplex not redundant? Looks like it's one of the ingredients in the megacomplex-gf. Are you just shooting for a higher dose?

Last edited:
i will be honest i have never been concerned with health and longevity. mainly just muscle and size. after some bad health signs (high blood pressure and not doing so well on a kidney function test) i am researching health and longevity "stacks." this thread is aimed towards ONLY the over the counter products.
i am NOWHERE near done with my research but here is what i am thinking:

300mg Humanfort
Omega 3's
red yeast extract
tribulus product (the testosterone booster on TP)
Megacomplex GF
DHEA 25mgX2 (one morning one evening)
Multi-vitamin

supp's i will take on the side that aren't necassarily geared towards health and longevity will be creatine and LBA's.

what would you do different and why?
what would you add or subtract to this stack and why?

hope this thread dosen't fizzle i could use some input since i am a newb at this "longevity thinking" :eek:
-JS
JS,

i have been taking d-aspartic acid and have been getting amazing results. I don't currently have any bloodwork to back it up but i know how it feels and the results.

osiris

200mg/daily CoQ10 -it has a laundry list of benefits to include lowering blood pressure, bolstering immune system, etc etc....great stuff
81mg/aspirin daily which I believe you're already doing...
3-6mg/melatonin pre-bedtime (when needed) to improve quality of sleep...as you know lack of sleep leads to increased cortisol, higher BP, lack of recovery, blunted HGH/IGF release....

Think that's about it.

Edit....JS - is taking both humanofort and megacomplex not redundant? Looks like it's one of the ingredients in the megacomplex-gf. Are you just shooting for a higher dose?

i am still learning but i thought i read the megacomplex was for joints and etc? i was skimming thru the info so maybe i got confused?

what is d-aspartic acid supposed to do exactly?

ok, i am thinking i will add CoQ10, just didnt' know if it was necassary while taking Humanofort but it obviously can't hurt.
-JS

This is from someone's advertisement, but you get the gist.....stimulates HPTA at the pituitary level.

What is D-Aspartic Acid (DAA)? DAA is a revolutionary new dietary supplement ingredient based on a naturally occurring amino acid found in the body. It rapidly increases the production of the testosterone via the pituitary gland and the testes by enhancing the cellular production of signal molecules that control the secretion of LH and testosterone.

A recent study published in the journal Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology, showed that DAA supplementation rapidly increased testosterone levels in men between the ages of 27 and 67. The day after the study, eleven out of the twelve men experienced increases in LH levels ranging between and 18-112%, with the average being 46%. They also displayed a 45.5%(average) increase in natural testosterone production. Also to be noted was the rise in LH and testosterone in men between the ages of 65-67.

5000iu ED D3.

I hardly ever get sick anymore...

can someone spell that out?
i dont know what that is:eek:
-JS

There are two types of vitamin D : D2 plant based and D3 animal based which is more bioavailable than D2.He takes 5000 iu's which is a pretty good and effective dose.The RDA is around 400 iu's which is way too low.
They are finding more and more a link between vit D deficiency and metabolic syndrome.Many americans wether North or South are testing deficient.

I take for health and longevity:
Multi vit.
Vit. C
Co Q10
Magnesium
Vit D3
Fish oil
baby aspirin

^ its injectible vitamin D

I didnt know they had injectible vit-d? I take 6000 iu of Vit D.... How do I know if its D2 or D3?

Also, JS... An individual wellness stack should be personalized for your needs. For me I take supplements for my heart, HDL, and Blood pressure because of family history, and personal history.

I take
100 policosanol (raise HDL)
1500mg Upsher-Smith Slo-Niacin (raise HDL)
81 mg asprin (heart health)
7g fish oils (heart health rase HDL)
4g hawthorn berry (lower bp)
glucosamine (joint health/my aching knees :(

I try to get much of my vitamins and minerals naturally... Im always eating fruit and veggies.

Last edited:
can someone spell that out?
i dont know what that is:eek:
-JS

Vitamin D3, 5000iu every day. Up to 10,000 (and more) is considered safe.
D3 is cholecalciferol, the most beneficial version.

**broken link removed**
Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet: Vitamin D

Massive G has spoken about it here and other places. Its actually a hormone and is essential for health.
Some research shows is may be a trigger for epigenomic responses.

supposedly gingo biloba long term should be good for the hart, it reduces ldl, and its supposed to increase circulation. 4oz of win every nite. lots of anti-oxidants. ala since it's lower priced this days.

how much vitamin c? and in what form?
this is great info for me guys. thx a bunch for all the input.
-JS

-JS

I personally take 1000 mgs 2x a day.Just plain synthetic absorbic acid as there appears to be no clinically significant difference in the bioavailability and bioactivity of natural ascorbic acid and synthetic ascorbic acid.

Ester-C

-JS

is the best to take and you can take as much as you want, I use 500mgs 2x daily, also Hawthorne berry is great for high BP and blood vessel health

GREAT test booster right here. Has d asparic acid in it and i use it between cycles. love this test booster.

**broken link removed**

Couple thoughts

Someone mentioned Co10... I want to stress- if u take red yeast rice, u NEED the Coq10... RYR will deplete bodily supplies

Also- could u also share some specific things u r aiming for? For example, RYR is really more for cholesterol, if yours is not elevated u may not need it and so on

Otherwise the list looks good but to b honest I'm on my iPhone right now and am getting tired of typing on it hahahaha.... I too have a "longevity list" in a thread "Are you a healthy bodybuilder?" u might find some help there

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws