over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cross fit training

It's always funny to listen to different training styles bash each other.

CrossFit is good if you're looking for functional performance. If you want a balance between overall strength and cardio and to have it all mapped out for you, then CrossFit is a pretty good option. Just look into the coach and make sure they have a lot of experience with power lifting and Olympic lifts. When CrossFit got really big, they grew fast and certified a bunch of people who didn't know what they were doing. A lot of people get hurt when they're learning to do heavy snatches from a kid in high school.

Traditional bodybuilding training is a better option if your priority is form over function. CrossFit can help you tone up, but there are tried and true bodybuilding methods that will do that.

You're always best off if you try everything yourself and learn a little bit of everything.
I always get a chuckle at the terms "Functional performance" or "Functional strength". Like what strength isn't functional? I've never had any training style that wasn't beneficial to everyday functions but Crossfit likes to try and take that title for themselves. Just like they take a regular old pull-up and call it a "Strict pull-up", its just a pull up

Last edited:
If you want to be functional, fast, strong-crossfit for you. If you want to boast of proportions, aesthetic appearance and muscles, follow the regime.

If you want to be functional, fast, strong-crossfit for you. If you want to boast of proportions, aesthetic appearance and muscles, follow the regime.

Crossfit, in itself, is more advertised. Some brands have specifically advertised themselves as based on crossfit.

Was just thinking about how to start something like this instead of the usual muscle pumping. was very surprised when he saw the strength training of one of the best swimmers of recent years Ryan Lochte

Just a few thoughts...

• Anything that gets people in the gym is a good thing.
  • Crossfit is excellent for athletes who might be bored by their current fitness routines and are looking for a new challenge.
  • **BEWARE** if you are not in great shape, then Crossfit is not for you. You will get injured.
  • If you are older and not in excellent athletic health, then Crossfit will get you injured.

I've been doing crossfit for 3 years. I just got bored of going to the gym and doing the same thing week after week.
*Everything lift that I have ever done has went up. *it's opened the door to me competing in Olympic lifting,
*it's opened the door to eating right and nutrient timing.
*I can run a 5k which crossfit does not train you for in 30ish minuites and 5 years ago it was 48:13
*Did Murph in 50 minutes
*Row 1000 meters in 3:10
*Row 2000 meters in 6:58
*Front squat 325
I'm just your average dad of 3 that crossfits 5 days a week and I'm currently ranked in the top 100 out of 800 fitters in my region.

Most serious crossfitters walk around with 5-10% BF all year long. There is no off season they look good all year, they are more flexible and functional, they can wipe their own ass without cramping up.

Hell I could bash my own people.

At the end of the day it all boils down to who you want to be.

Do you want to be somebody who is strong as an ox, do you want to be someone who is big is a gorilla, or do you want to be someone who is super-fit and somewhat strong who can move well?

Do people get injured from doing CrossFit? Of course they do but not as many people that get injured in the typical gym. That's a fact.

The reason why most people get injured in CrossFit is either they don't have a coach who teaches the basics or someone is trying to lift outside of their capacity.

I have the utmost respect for you guys who can go to a gym and just pump weights for hours because you have the dedication that I do not. I have three of my bodybuilder friends who actually come with me to CrossFit every Saturday because it's a partner WOD and they get their ass handed to them some of them not even being able to finish the work out but that's okay because I know that two hours after we're going to the gym and they're going to repay that favor and break me off.

No one is better than the next person, one person might be fitter than the next one person might be stronger than the next and then one person may or may not be healthier and what I mean by healthier is by pulling blood work.

I'm trying to set an example for my kids because they pick up on everything they see and I want to lead by example because in reality that's what really matters is teaching the generation below us to do something regardless if it's baling hay with your grandpa going to the gym and pumping iron or going to the Box and hanging out in that dark place. Keep them healthy keep them active and keep them from growing up and being shit heads like a lot of the people you see around us who think they're entitled to shit and work for nothing.

I can tell you one thing is one day whenever the bodybuilding world, the strongman world, and the CrossFit world combined and put together an athlete that is going to be one big bad ass mother fucker that won't be able to be stopped. Imagine taking the strength of a strong man and giving him the size of a bodybuilder and giving him the flexibility, the mobility, the aerobics capacity and the mental strength of a crossfitter and you're going to have a fucking machine on your hand.

So instead of you bodybuilders bashing CrossFit why not get into it it's only going to help you it's going to increase your arobic capacity it's going to increase your poor mobility and flexibility.

And crossfitter should not be bashing bodybuilders because some of those crossfitters are where I am right now and I've lost so much fat I have come to the realization that my chest is not as big as what I thought it was so now I'm having to step back into the normal gym and do some bench press dumbbell presses flies to build my chest up to what I thought it was and of course I'm still going to stretch after this is done so I don't lose any Mobility.

Not every crossfitter is a douchebag and not every bodybuilder is a meathead who thinks he's better than everyone else and I mean that with the utmost respect.

Keep it real and share the knowledge you have learned in your kraft!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

heres some of youtop crossfit competitors. tell me you cant build muscle doing crossfit.
remember, VERY FEW women like the look of a "body builder" and most guys on here that claim to be "body builders" dont look one bit like a bodybuilder... lol!! lots of undesirable fatty dudes knocking crossfit here. lol

https://goo.gl/images/8Fs4Uh

https://goo.gl/images/ZUcPPG

Last edited:
In my unit we have always done CrossFit styled workouts. Usually morning time we do the functional endurance based training (what people goto xfit gyms for). Then after the workday we do strength training:most always Olympic training. I remember doing these “WODs” before it became a fucking cult following lol. If you want to do some intense ones, just checkout what xfit calls “hero wods”. They are memorial workouts after our fallen brothers. A lot of this “new” xfit is a fking joke. They’ll only do hero wods like once every couple weeks. What we do in my unit is similar to this one. One of my buddies unfortunately has a wod in his name. AMRAP in 20 minutes
1 Deadlift (405/285 lb)
10 Toes-to-Bar
15 Bar Facing Burpees

So basically, what we do are WODs similar to this ones intensity daily then do olympic lifting roughly 8-10hrs later

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity