over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CrossFit

Crossfit exhausts your muscles despite your joint health. Its good for certain things but is very risky if you ask me. My brother is all about it an actually owned a CF gym for many years. While he visited home he brought me to a CF gym. The trainer tried to entice me to have him train me. They did box jumps coupled with deadlifts pyramiding up in weight and reps. By the end of the workout the guy was literally on the floor riling in pain while holding his low back. I just had to laugh.

Call me what you want but I enjoy training and plan to until I die. That means erring on the side of caught with joint health. I'm just trying to stimulate the muscle the best I can without harming my joints, Crossfit on the other hand not so much.

An intermediate or advanced bodybuilder

and so, how has your diet been for the last 10 months you’ve been doing CrossFit?

What are your stats if I may ask?

And I’m not super strict by any means, but I try to get in around 180-200g protein per day (I weigh 175-180lbs @ 5’8) and I’ll typically try to keep my carbs around 200-300g (sometimes less, sometimes more) all from white rice, sweet potatoes, fruits and veggies (those are the main carbs sources) and then fats I try not to go above 40-50g and that will come from my meats and eggs and avocados things like that..

I do enjoy myself from Saturday night to Sunday night, and I had a period of about 2 months where I really fucked off hard but I got back on the wagon and been on the last few months...

And my CrossFit gym has a lot of competitors and I’ll say it’s very intense, we’ve had people come from other gyms around the country and they say that 1 of our workouts is like 2-3 days if their workouts.. Our coach does great programming and very intense (of course you should know your limits and do what you can) and it’s basically competition style programming..

And I’ll get leaner, I’m leaner now than I was a few months ago, but as I said, my muscles just lack that “pop” for lack of a better word, I’m stronger than I’ve ever been in some lift and my cardio is through the roof, but as far as that “look” I just don’t have it, and honestly the only ones I know who have that pumped, panty dropping physique look are the guys who compete, are on steroids and they do a lot of isolation work as well.. They look at the CrossFit WODS as more of cardio/fitness work and they build actual muscle tissue with their Olympic/isolation workout routines... Of course they adjust food intake for that..

To give an idea I talked to a female competitor that weighs 125lbs VERY LEAN (she can deadlift 315 for reps and squat 300 for reps) and she eats 150g protein a day but her carbs are around 300g and her fats at 50g.. So she eats a good amount, I’m basically eating just a little more than she is and I outweigh her by 50+lbs, so I know I’ll have to add in more work and add in more food as well to actually build muscle..

And I’m not super strict by any means, but I try to get in around 180-200g protein per day (I weigh 175-180lbs @ 5’8) and I’ll typically try to keep my carbs around 200-300g (sometimes less, sometimes more) all from white rice, sweet potatoes, fruits and veggies (those are the main carbs sources) and then fats I try not to go above 40-50g and that will come from my meats and eggs and avocados things like that..

I do enjoy myself from Saturday night to Sunday night, and I had a period of about 2 months where I really fucked off hard but I got back on the wagon and been on the last few months...

And my CrossFit gym has a lot of competitors and I’ll say it’s very intense, we’ve had people come from other gyms around the country and they say that 1 of our workouts is like 2-3 days if their workouts.. Our coach does great programming and very intense (of course you should know your limits and do what you can) and it’s basically competition style programming..

And I’ll get leaner, I’m leaner now than I was a few months ago, but as I said, my muscles just lack that “pop” for lack of a better word, I’m stronger than I’ve ever been in some lift and my cardio is through the roof, but as far as that “look” I just don’t have it, and honestly the only ones I know who have that pumped, panty dropping physique look are the guys who compete, are on steroids and they do a lot of isolation work as well.. They look at the CrossFit WODS as more of cardio/fitness work and they build actual muscle tissue with their Olympic/isolation workout routines... Of course they adjust food intake for that..

To give an idea I talked to a female competitor that weighs 125lbs VERY LEAN (she can deadlift 315 for reps and squat 300 for reps) and she eats 150g protein a day but her carbs are around 300g and her fats at 50g.. So she eats a good amount, I’m basically eating just a little more than she is and I outweigh her by 50+lbs, so I know I’ll have to add in more work and add in more food as well to actually build muscle..
You nailed it with what I bolded.

I know you're very reluctant to go outside your comfort zone - this makes you normal, most people are - but if you really want to look like that you have to get outside of it when it comes to food, training, and PEDs. You're not going to get that look on TRT. You're not going to get it on a 300 calories surplus. You're not going to get it without giving the bodybuilding work your all and developing a great mind muscle connection. And you're not going going to get it in a few months.

I'm not trying to discourage you at all - just the opposite, I'm trying to give you realistic expectations for what it takes to get where you want to go.

to be brutally honest, it sounds like your diet and training are both half-ass. improving one would make a huge difference, improving both would make an even bigger difference. For guys with average genetics AAS only help with a good diet and training program.

Honestly CrossFit is great for a lot of things...but not bodybuilding. Yes, I have seen some very jacked dudes from x-fit. Is that because of x-fit or in spite of x-fit? And for some reason the gals seem to get more jacked. Some of the gals are super hot. My only beef with X-fit is the group class concept. 20 different people. 20 different skill sets. 20 different goals. All doing the same thing. And it is seemingly arbitrary. This is no different than any group class be it crossfit, bodysculpt etc.

to be brutally honest, it sounds like your diet and training are both half-ass. improving one would make a huge difference, improving both would make an even bigger difference. For guys with average genetics AAS only help with a good diet and training program.

What do you mean? How did you get that from my post? Lol

Do you mean half ass in terms of building optimal muscle or that my workouts are just half assed?

I’ve been very honest in the past about how I’ve approached things and as I said, I’ve tightened up since my last thread about this a couple months ago. I started measuring and tracking my food.. Sure, there are days that aren’t perfect because I own a business so I’m on the go or I’m tired and I just ball park a meal and I’ll load it with protein and then just eat a little bit of carbs with it to be “safe” oh not going over certain macros and if I do I’d rather it be protein.. And yea I leave Saturday night to Sunday night free because I have a life and want to enjoy it, I’m not looking to be 5% bodyfat @ 220lbs and 5’8 where every detail has to be perfect...

As far as training goes, I assure you I don’t half ass anything, I train in the classes with the competitors and some of them smoke me for sure, but I keep up with some of them and have even beaten some of them (when workouts have things I’m particularly good at)... I really push myself and I don’t do anything other than “RX” workouts which is usually what the competitors or advanced level guys/gals do.. I’m always exhausted and trying to beat my times and progress, literally drenched in sweat and have almost passed out/puked several times...

But is it optimal for building the most muscle and giving that “look” as most of you said in a thread I made, no, it’s not.. But I gave it a shot and the only thing that happened is I got leaner but muscles aren’t full/popping anywhere, I thought it would at least do something until the competitors told me what they do, then I realized what I HAD to do...

Which as @danieltx said above; isolate more, eat more and use the right PEDS etc...

Keep in mind, I was on like 70-100mg TRT while doing this and 1iu Black Top GH... So yea, shame on me for thinking I’d be impressed or look impressive with CF workouts and a Test level of 600 and 1iu GH Lmao

I’m just trying to push it as far as I can with minimal doses and show myself I can be consistent with food and training.. Then I’ll up the doses a bit and up the food etc. It’s happened to me so many times where I plan a “blast” then I don’t do shit because I didn’t have a base of anything and was jumping into things without organizing myself first...

You nailed it with what I bolded.

I know you're very reluctant to go outside your comfort zone - this makes you normal, most people are - but if you really want to look like that you have to get outside of it when it comes to food, training, and PEDs. You're not going to get that look on TRT. You're not going to get it on a 300 calories surplus. You're not going to get it without giving the bodybuilding work your all and developing a great mind muscle connection. And you're not going going to get it in a few months.

I'm not trying to discourage you at all - just the opposite, I'm trying to give you realistic expectations for what it takes to get where you want to go.

I always appreciate when you give me advice bro, you and @TheOtherOne55 have helped me a ton and always laid the hard truth on me....

As I said in my post above, shame on me for thinking I’d be impressive with CF workouts (which are sometimes very intense but only 10-15 min long) TRT test and 2400 calories a day lmao...

I will be making the necessary adjustments though...

My stats aren’t worth mentioning lol. But I hear you man, not gonna look like a bber doing CF. But I do disagree with you that you can’t build a good physique doing CrossFit. You might not be jacked out of your mind, but lean with muscle and strong, functional and mobile? Absolutely: and the older I get the more I would rather have that, than just to be big and jacked

@NEMSZ are the guys with impressive musculature honest with you about their drug protocols?

I think so, a lot of them use Test, GH, Anavar, Ostarine (SARM) and things like that, I’ve heard guys talk about EPO but never had anyone tell me that they use it...

My stats aren’t worth mentioning lol. But I hear you man, not gonna look like a bber doing CF. But I do disagree with you that you can’t build a good physique doing CrossFit. You might not be jacked out of your mind, but lean with muscle and strong, functional and mobile? Absolutely: and the older I get the more I would rather have that, than just to be big and jacked

Well as I said, I thought the same thing and I’m 31 years old and I’ve been at it for almost a year and I haven’t built that “athletic/muscular” physique, granted I’m not using a bunch of AAS which I’m not sure if you’re going to do or be willing to do, I’m sure had I been more aggressive with my PEDs I MIGHT have a bit better of a look but not so much.. I don’t want to be jacked either, I want to look like that guy I posted earlier (or as close as I can to that type of physique), he might look super jacked but he’s 195lbs @ 5’11 so not super big by any means, my goal is to be 185ish and 9-10% bodyfat at 5’8 and athletic..

For example, how are you supposed to build a good amount of muscle doing something like this (Today’s workout)

Strength Portion:

Every 2 Min For 5 Rounds @increasing#
1 Deadlift
1 Hang Clean
1 Front Squat
1 Shoulder to Overhead Press
1 Back Squat

(You have to do it all back to back in 1 motion, so from a deadlift when you pick it up you go right into a hang clean, then when it’s up you go right into the front squat, then after you squat the weight you push press or jerk it up overhead, then let it land on your shoulders behind the head and back squat it, then when you come up from behind the head jerk it over head again.)

Unless you can do that with 300lbs (which a buddy of mine who competes DID do that with 300lbs this morning and it’s on video and he’s not big and lean at all, he looks thick but normal as fuck, not impressive physique at all)

And here’s the WOD portion;

WOD Complete For Time
15 - 12 - 9 - 6 - 3
Hang Cleans @95#/65#
Front Squats @95#/65#
*12 Bar Hopping Burpees

So you’re doing 15 hang cleans and 15 front squats (back to back) then 12 burpees, then 12 hang cleans and 12 front squats then 12 burpees then 9 and 9 with 12 burpees and so on until you finish for time and record your time..

95lbs is for the men and 65lbs is for the women...

For sure, your heart will be racing and it’s great for athletics and function and cardio, but you’re not building an impressive physique with these types of workouts because as I said EVEN THE GUYS WITH IMPRESSIVE PHYSIQUES, WHO I PERSONALLY KNOW, THAT DO CROSSFIT, DONT ONLY DO CROSSFIT....

People are finishing that workout in 5-7 minutes... So how are you going to build anything impressive with a 10 minute strength workout like the first part that most likely because you don’t want to get injured you’ll do with pretty light weight and then a 7 minute “high rep” cardio workout?

If you think you can, by all means my bro, go for it.. I’m not trying to be mean, I’m just telling you the truth as I thought the same thing and there’s things about it that I love, but almost a year in and I look like a normal guy with and without my shirt on lol...

Im interested in CC I have a day a week that I do just core and cardio I do mostly the calisthenics work I learned playing football but alot of these CC movements are interesting to me and I think im going to start trying something new

Crossfit exhausts your muscles despite your joint health. Its good for certain things but is very risky if you ask me. My brother is all about it an actually owned a CF gym for many years. While he visited home he brought me to a CF gym. The trainer tried to entice me to have him train me. They did box jumps coupled with deadlifts pyramiding up in weight and reps. By the end of the workout the guy was literally on the floor riling in pain while holding his low back. I just had to laugh.

Call me what you want but I enjoy training and plan to until I die. That means erring on the side of caught with joint health. I'm just trying to stimulate the muscle the best I can without harming my joints, Crossfit on the other hand not so much.
Not taking your joints through full ranges of motion and limiting them like tons of bodybuilding does is far more damaging to joint health.

What do you mean? How did you get that from my post? Lol

Do you mean half ass in terms of building optimal muscle or that my workouts are just half assed?

I’ve been very honest in the past about how I’ve approached things and as I said, I’ve tightened up since my last thread about this a couple months ago. I started measuring and tracking my food.. Sure, there are days that aren’t perfect because I own a business so I’m on the go or I’m tired and I just ball park a meal and I’ll load it with protein and then just eat a little bit of carbs with it to be “safe” oh not going over certain macros and if I do I’d rather it be protein.. And yea I leave Saturday night to Sunday night free because I have a life and want to enjoy it, I’m not looking to be 5% bodyfat @ 220lbs and 5’8 where every detail has to be perfect...

As far as training goes, I assure you I don’t half ass anything, I train in the classes with the competitors and some of them smoke me for sure, but I keep up with some of them and have even beaten some of them (when workouts have things I’m particularly good at)... I really push myself and I don’t do anything other than “RX” workouts which is usually what the competitors or advanced level guys/gals do.. I’m always exhausted and trying to beat my times and progress, literally drenched in sweat and have almost passed out/puked several times...

But is it optimal for building the most muscle and giving that “look” as most of you said in a thread I made, no, it’s not.. But I gave it a shot and the only thing that happened is I got leaner but muscles aren’t full/popping anywhere, I thought it would at least do something until the competitors told me what they do, then I realized what I HAD to do...

Which as @danieltx said above; isolate more, eat more and use the right PEDS etc...

Keep in mind, I was on like 70-100mg TRT while doing this and 1iu Black Top GH... So yea, shame on me for thinking I’d be impressed or look impressive with CF workouts and a Test level of 600 and 1iu GH Lmao

I’m just trying to push it as far as I can with minimal doses and show myself I can be consistent with food and training.. Then I’ll up the doses a bit and up the food etc. It’s happened to me so many times where I plan a “blast” then I don’t do shit because I didn’t have a base of anything and was jumping into things without organizing myself first...

Just in general, if your just living life and trying to bet fit that's fine. But diet wise (180g protein) and doing CrossFit, your leaving alot of gains on the table.

Not that your not training hard doing CrossFit, but your overall plan training and diet wise...i wouldn't expect it to give you an impressive physique unless you have good genetics and can do whatever and look good.

CrossFit is silly

I know you were one of the ones in my thread telling me the same thing, I mean, you’d have to admit it has SOME benefits man, the cardio and certain athletic parts I think are great, but to look like you do, it’s not so great lol..

Bodybuilders don’t do enough cardio and think that hard lifting and walking on a treadmill is cardio, and it’s absolutely not.. It’s better than nothing, sure, but I’d bet 95% of this board couldn’t complete a CF cardio session to save their life..

But I swear to god I think of you and the others that wrote in my thread whenever they make us do some dumb shit lmao

I literally call it out, last Friday was core workouts before the WOD and they made us do a bunch of sit ups etc then weighted deck squats (look it up if you don’t know what it is) and all it did was burn and hurt my shoulders and made the entire class look like a bunch of baboons at a circus and I literally said out loud “It’s doing things like this that is the reason why the rest of the fitness community makes fun of CrossFit”

And yesterday I didn’t even go because it was again, another ridiculous workout, with “backwards lunges”.... I’m in a group chat with CF friends and I said it again, that’s fucking ridiculous.. Backwards lunges, just saying it out loud makes me feel retarded..

So trust me, I 100% know where you’re coming from with some of the silly shit

Well as I said, I thought the same thing and I’m 31 years old and I’ve been at it for almost a year and I haven’t built that “athletic/muscular” physique, granted I’m not using a bunch of AAS which I’m not sure if you’re going to do or be willing to do, I’m sure had I been more aggressive with my PEDs I MIGHT have a bit better of a look but not so much.. I don’t want to be jacked either, I want to look like that guy I posted earlier (or as close as I can to that type of physique), he might look super jacked but he’s 195lbs @ 5’11 so not super big by any means, my goal is to be 185ish and 9-10% bodyfat at 5’8 and athletic..

For example, how are you supposed to build a good amount of muscle doing something like this (Today’s workout)

Strength Portion:

Every 2 Min For 5 Rounds @increasing#
1 Deadlift
1 Hang Clean
1 Front Squat
1 Back Squat

(You have to do it all back to back in 1 motion, so from a deadlift when you pick it up you go right into a hang clean, then when it’s up you go right into the front squat, then after you squat the weight you push press or jerk it up overhead, then let it land on your shoulders behind the head and back squat it, then when you come up from behind the head jerk it over head again.)

Unless you can do that with 300lbs (which a buddy of mine who competes DID do that with 300lbs this morning and it’s on video and he’s not big and lean at all, he looks thick but normal as fuck, not impressive physique at all)

And here’s the WOD portion;

WOD Complete For Time
15 - 12 - 9 - 6 - 3
Hang Cleans @95#/65#
Front Squats @95#/65#
*12 Bar Hopping Burpees

So you’re doing 15 hang cleans and 15 front squats (back to back) then 12 burpees, then 12 hang cleans and 12 front squats then 12 burpees then 9 and 9 with 12 burpees and so on until you finish for time and record your time..

95lbs is for the men and 65lbs is for the women...

For sure, your heart will be racing and it’s great for athletics and function and cardio, but you’re not building an impressive physique with these types of workouts because as I said EVEN THE GUYS WITH IMPRESSIVE PHYSIQUES, WHO I PERSONALLY KNOW, THAT DO CROSSFIT, DONT ONLY DO CROSSFIT....

People are finishing that workout in 5-7 minutes... So how are you going to build anything impressive with a 10 minute strength workout like the first part that most likely because you don’t want to get injured you’ll do with pretty light weight and then a 7 minute “high rep” cardio workout?

If you think you can, by all means my bro, go for it.. I’m not trying to be mean, I’m just telling you the truth as I thought the same thing and there’s things about it that I love, but almost a year in and I look like a normal guy with and without my shirt on lol...
My opinion, you shouldn't worry about becoming" too muscular" until your at the level you want to be. Get to your ideal physique ( that guy) then maintain. Your not going to wake up one day and say " oh shit I'm too jacked for my liking I need to lose 5 lbs of muscle"

I know you were one of the ones in my thread telling me the same thing, I mean, you’d have to admit it has SOME benefits man, the cardio and certain athletic parts I think are great, but to look like you do, it’s not so great lol..

Bodybuilders don’t do enough cardio and think that hard lifting and walking on a treadmill is cardio, and it’s absolutely not.. It’s better than nothing, sure, but I’d bet 95% of this board couldn’t complete a CF cardio session to save their life..

But I swear to god I think of you and the others that wrote in my thread whenever they make us do some dumb shit lmao

I literally call it out, last Friday was core workouts before the WOD and they made us do a bunch of sit ups etc then weighted deck squats (look it up if you don’t know what it is) and all it did was burn and hurt my shoulders and made the entire class look like a bunch of baboons at a circus and I literally said out loud “It’s doing things like this that is the reason why the rest of the fitness community makes fun of CrossFit”

And yesterday I didn’t even go because it was again, another ridiculous workout, with “backwards lunges”.... I’m in a group chat with CF friends and I said it again, that’s fucking ridiculous.. Backwards lunges, just saying it out loud makes me feel retarded..

I don’t disagree with you, any exercise has benefits, but With all so respect bro; the treadmill is not the only cardio I do..
I cycle; I do HIT cardio; stair master.. I know lots of bodybuilders that do the same as well

Now box jumps and burpees

Pardon my ignorance but what's a backwards lunge? Seriously. Is it just a dumb way of saying reverse lunge?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws