over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Crossroads!

Kcm3000

Registered
As i am sitting here i am thinking about my future. lifting, working and school.

My lifting is going great, lifts keep goin up, i feel good, strong, and injury free. hopefully i can keep that up lol.

I will be done with school this summer with a degree in exercise science, and i dont know what i want to do with my life. I am a personal trainer now, and i dislike it. the club i train at sucks for training and it is absolutly exhausting telling people the samething day in and day out, and they still dont do it and wonder why they dont change. I would like to say that i am very good at what i do but i dont want to do it aymore.

I htink this is my biggest problem. i dont know what to do when im officially done w/ school. I know most people dont even go into a profession they went to school for. Thats fine with me, but i just want to move. i think somewhere warm, where i can ride my motorcycle year round lol. I have been thinking about opening my own gym, and i do have some knowledge in the area, but not much.

thanks for letting me vent. If anyone has any suggestions for me or a story like mine please input. thanks guys.

As i am sitting here i am thinking about my future. lifting, working and school.

My lifting is going great, lifts keep goin up, i feel good, strong, and injury free. hopefully i can keep that up lol.

I will be done with school this summer with a degree in exercise science, and i dont know what i want to do with my life. I am a personal trainer now, and i dislike it. the club i train at sucks for training and it is absolutly exhausting telling people the samething day in and day out, and they still dont do it and wonder why they dont change. I would like to say that i am very good at what i do but i dont want to do it aymore.

I htink this is my biggest problem. i dont know what to do when im officially done w/ school. I know most people dont even go into a profession they went to school for. Thats fine with me, but i just want to move. i think somewhere warm, where i can ride my motorcycle year round lol. I have been thinking about opening my own gym, and i do have some knowledge in the area, but not much.

thanks for letting me vent. If anyone has any suggestions for me or a story like mine please input. thanks guys.
I knew someone who graduated with a degree in exercise and sports science. That's a tough one. You've chosen an academic career path. Without a masters or PhD, you're kind of light academically. I was in your same situation once. But that's the bad news. Here's the good news:

Where you go from here is wide open and you have time. Heck, you could apply for physical therapy school if your grades are good enough. Opening a gym is a good idea but that's entrepreneurial and really doesn't require a degree. Neither does being a certified personal trainer. But owning your own business is a very rewarding path to take. Many members here are very happy gym owners and personal trainers. I wouldn't mind doing it myself someday if I felt I'd be any good at it.

The truth is that a bachelors in exercise and sports science is worth about as much as a bachelors degree in psychology - little or nothing. For you, right now, your options are pretty simple - get more schooling or join the work force. You can also do both at the same time as you have been.

p.s. Funny story. I know an awesome guy making some big bucks doing brick and masonry work and he graduated with a BS is archeology. I think he wanted to be Indiana Jones or something. At least he's working with rocks. LOL. Life sure has a sense of humor.

I here you Bro. I feel like I'm at a crossroad also. Been doing social work for 6 years and want a change. Actually I want to start in exercise or sports science related field, which I originally went to school for before switching. I know mostly persons who end up doing Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy who had undergraduate degrees in sports and exercise science.
I'm actually considering doing therapeutic recreation. Trying to obtain employment in a state facility or children's hospital were the pay is good instead of the private sector.

I'm actually considering doing therapeutic recreation. Trying to obtain employment in a state facility or children's hospital were the pay is good instead of the private sector.

Funny. My little sis is getting her Masters in Therapeutic Recreation and her professors want her to get her Doctorate. She absolutely LOVES IT! PM me if you want to talk to her. I'm not sure what she is going to do with this, but she has been thinking of either working at a hospital or going on to teach. She was writing her thesis on helping diabetics with therapeutic recreation, but it may have changed since then. Seriously. She could talk about it for hours...for days even...lol... and she has given a few lectures and won a scholorship based on her work. She's also worked in a nursing home and has worked with children who have learning disabilities. Before this she was really into music therapy but changed directions.

Funny. My little sis is getting her Masters in Therapeutic Recreation and her professors want her to get her Doctorate. She absolutely LOVES IT! PM me if you want to talk to her. I'm not sure what she is going to do with this, but she has been thinking of either working at a hospital or going on to teach. She was writing her thesis on helping diabetics with therapeutic recreation, but it may have changed since then. Seriously. She could talk about it for hours...for days even...lol... and she has given a few lectures and won a scholorship based on her work. She's also worked in a nursing home and has worked with children who have learning disabilities. Before this she was really into music therapy but changed directions.

I'll talk to her. I have an A.S. in Therapeutic Recreation and almost another A.S. in Exercise and Sports Science if i completed the internship, but never did. I ended up switching to social work at the University were I lived and graduate with a Social Work Degree. Worked in a nursing home during an internship in TR. So I can start the Graduate program at the local sate college without any issue if I wanted. The Graduate program is only 45 credits. One night a week for 2 years and a 400hr internship. Figure I could just work on the weekend for a year to complete the 400hr requirement.

Think about where your interests are. What kind of person are you? What do you like doing? What do you think you are good at? What gets you excited? What makes you tick? Start there. The money will follow your passion. The cool thing about life is that its a road and the scenery changes along the way.

hey thanks guys, i know i do have alot of time left to figure out what i want to do or what i like to do. Money isnt so much an issue if I enjoy what i would be doing.

Can any of you guys out there who own gyms give me a little Idea as to what i would be looking forward to, what i wouldnt be looking forward to etc etc....

thanks again

Money isnt so much an issue if I enjoy what i would be doing.

Thats a good outlook Bro. As long as you can cover what you need to live that is fine. I would love to be doing something I love to do. I just can't afford it right now. I hope it all works out for you.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131