over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CT Fletcher (MUTHA F$CKA)

biglizard225

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8_8phD7AwM]CT Fletcher- What is Overtraining? - YouTube[/ame]

I've been watching this guys stuff lately and really liked his philosophy.

Love the part at the end. "You aint scared of overtraining, you scared of workin motha fucka".

i would listen more but all the ghetto talk cursing is a turnoff....

Most of the cursing is kinda his persona I've watched a couple vids where he doesn't talk like that. The way I look at it is.
1. He's good at getting his point across and grabbing your attention.
2. Get over it. Samuel L Jackson gets payed millions to talk like that.

If overtraining isn't real, then why not train 24/7?

That's not the point he's trying to get across. It's supposed to be a motivational video that's supposed to tell you not to make excuses for yourself. Most people have never even pushed there body into overtraining and just heard that shit in a magazine.

Look at Arnold, Franco, Ed Corney... Most of those guys trained body parts twice or even thrice a week. Overtraining in my opinion is wayyyyy over used. If they were overtraining and looked the way they did then I'll overtrain any day of the week.

i would listen more but all the ghetto talk cursing is a turnoff....

and that's exactly what I love about him......different strokes I guess. "ya pacifier suckin pussy....lol"

Well over training is real especially as you get older. It's the central nervous system that needs the recovery time mostly. Muscles & tendons typically recover fairly quick. This guys generalization is retarded. ..

Haha this video makes me laugh. I like everything that CT stands for and his mentality is awesome. I also feel that there is no such thing as over training, BUT there is such a thing as under eating. That's what I think most people get mixed up. The more fuel you have for your race car, the harder and longer you can drive it. If you're only eating 1,500 calories a day then don't be surprised when you lose muscle or arent making improvements after training 5 X's a week an hour at a time.

i used to watch all his videos.....i just got annoyed of all the guys mimicing his sayings gets on my nerves guys who never picked up a weight lol. he is one strong mofo i wish there was no such thing as over training but my joints say otherwise

Haha this video makes me laugh. I like everything that CT stands for and his mentality is awesome. I also feel that there is no such thing as over training, BUT there is such a thing as under eating. That's what I think most people get mixed up. The more fuel you have for your race car, the harder and longer you can drive it. If you're only eating 1,500 calories a day then don't be surprised when you lose muscle or arent making improvements after training 5 X's a week an hour at a time.

Overtraining may be used alot as an excuse - but to say its not possible is crazy... As said above its the CNS thats most likely to get fried before muscle and tendons.... Haney always said stimulate dont annihilate.... I get the undereating argument - but to your analogy - redline that race car for mile after mile and it doesn't really matter how much gas you have the engine is gonna give out at some point... More gas isn't gonna fix that....

Overtraining may be used alot as an excuse - but to say its not possible is crazy... As said above its the CNS thats most likely to get fried before muscle and tendons.... Haney always said stimulate dont annihilate.... I get the undereating argument - but to your analogy - redline that race car for mile after mile and it doesn't really matter how much gas you have the engine is gonna give out at some point... More gas isn't gonna fix that....

Touché, my friend. I guess I shouldn't have been so vague in my explanation. Yes, I believe that the CNS does require a break, but I don't think it's as easy as people make it out to be or that it happens as often as people want to claim. When people are stuck in a rut I would say that 9/10 times it's due to under eating and 1/10 times it's due to LEGIT CNS over stimulation. Lets not forget sleep and rest in this equation. I mean who really gets eight hours of sleep these days? The more sleep you get the faster your CNS will recover, but that's not news to any of us.

Touché, my friend. I guess I shouldn't have been so vague in my explanation. Yes, I believe that the CNS does require a break, but I don't think it's as easy as people make it out to be or that it happens as often as people want to claim. When people are stuck in a rut I would say that 9/10 times it's due to under eating and 1/10 times it's due to LEGIT CNS over stimulation. Lets not forget sleep and rest in this equation. I mean who really gets eight hours of sleep these days? The more sleep you get the faster your CNS will recover, but that's not news to any of us.

I completely agree.

Take a pro or top npc athlete. When they want to improve a body part they do what? Eat more around that body part and train it more often.

I know what has worked for me is by increasing my calories from 3-4 a day to 7-8 some days I've made huge gains but my training frequency has increased to any where from 7-10 days maybe longer until my body just tells me I've had enough.

Overtraining is very real I just don't think very many people actually push themselves into that realm. To really learn your body I think it's good to see how much it can actually take first.

Over training is real. I think Fletcher is trying to say that most people don't push themselves hard enough to ever over train. You need to continually push yourself past your limits and most people don't do that. For example, I came back to training only 4 months ago after a couple of years off and train for about 45 minutes to a hour each day. There is a guy (several actually) that works out for 3 hours a day and looks like they never workout. He tried the leg press, put a plate on each side and was having a hard time with that weight. I put 6 plates on each side and do my workout with full range of motion (no partial reps). The reason the guy can barely do two plates is that he comes in during those 3 hours and doesn't actually push him self to or past his limits.

I've had it where I felt like my muscles could do another rep, but my CNS said no you aren't, no matter how hard I tried to get that last rep out. I see too many guys using the women weights and just going through the motions without pushing them selves to or past their limits. Most people never get close to over training.

LOL @ Overtraining. how do you comment on that? It is obvious you can. Or a marathon runner or elite cyclist would be built like Phil heath. They work out with weights. Never mind he forgot to mention drugs too. Didn't Michael Phelps eat as many calories as these to BB's? You can throw that idea out the window too. ;)

Love the part at the end. "You aint scared of overtraining, you scared of workin motha fucka".

Just a bunch of show offs trying to show how "hardcore" they are whenever they say this nonsense.

Just a bunch of show offs trying to show how "hardcore" they are whenever they say this nonsense.

53 years and looks and trains like that? Yeah I would consider him hardcore. Quit hatin. The video is supposed to motivate and inspire.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws