over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Curcumin with Black pepper 2000%

AzCats

Registered
Unfortunately I don't have the injectable version of curcumin in my area but have access to 1g tablets. Been taking 4g per day for the past couple of weeks and recently went through the curcumin thread and reading online studies about it''s bioavailability in the liver. I came across this and wondering if anyone else takes their Curcumin with Black pepper.

If people are given a bunch of turmeric curcumin, within an hour there’s a little bump in the level in their blood stream. We don’t see a large increase because our liver is actively trying to get rid of it. But what if the process is suppressed by taking just a quarter teaspoon’s worth of black pepper? Then you see curcumin levels skyrocket. The same amount of curcumin consumed, but the bioavailability shoots up 2000%. Even just a little pinch of pepper—1/20th of a teaspoon—can significantly boost levels. And guess what a common ingredient in curry powder is besides turmeric? Black pepper.

Read more: Boosting the Bioavailability of Curcumin | Care2 Healthy Living

Black pepper extract is what Bioperine is which C3 uses and perhaps some other brands.

Some brands use Meriva phytosome.

However, BCM-95 is used by some of the smartest people on this board....so I have reason to believe they are on a hunch that it is best.

Black pepper extract is what Bioperine is which C3 uses and perhaps some other brands.

Some brands use Meriva phytosome.

However, BCM-95 is used by some of the smartest people on this board....so I have reason to believe they are on a hunch that it is best.

I have to second that, from my reading, BMC-95 is the best realistic choice. Then probably Meriva. They have better absorption than the standard extracts with Bioperine (ie back pepper extract) like C3.

Lots of good info in this thread.
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...hy-dante-hints-great-health-bodybuilders.html

Last edited:
Agreed BCM95 like Life Extension brand works great.

Truth be told I also had good results with the c3 product with Bioperine found in the Dr's best brand. I now just use the LEF brand.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Agreed BCM95 like Life Extension brand works great.

Truth be told I also had good results with the c3 product with Bioperine found in the Dr's best brand. I now just use the LEF brand.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I sometimes wonder if it would be better to take like 3x the amount of the cheaper C3 stuff (high percent extract) than the more expensive BCM-95 at like 1 or 2 doses a day.

Unfortunately I don't have the injectable version of curcumin in my area but have access to 1g tablets. Been taking 4g per day for the past couple of weeks and recently went through the curcumin thread and reading online studies about it''s bioavailability in the liver. I came across this and wondering if anyone else takes their Curcumin with Black pepper.

If people are given a bunch of turmeric curcumin, within an hour there’s a little bump in the level in their blood stream. We don’t see a large increase because our liver is actively trying to get rid of it. But what if the process is suppressed by taking just a quarter teaspoon’s worth of black pepper? Then you see curcumin levels skyrocket. The same amount of curcumin consumed, but the bioavailability shoots up 2000%. Even just a little pinch of pepper—1/20th of a teaspoon—can significantly boost levels. And guess what a common ingredient in curry powder is besides turmeric? Black pepper.

The best if you mix your turmeric powder with olive oil, black paper and put it over hat rice.

The best if you mix your turmeric powder with olive oil, black paper and put it over hat rice.

Maybe? But where is the proof? Are you even familiar with BCM-95? Black pepper doesn't work with that.

Seems to me we are far past using "tumeric powder".

There is a study and report about meriva, if isn't out yet though. I asked Scott Stevdnson about it and he said he will let me know when it is available. He keeps up with those journals...

I agree with knight, right now, with the research we have to go off if, bcm95 is the way to go... When new information becomes available, my feelings may change

Fyi I have always said Meriva looks like it could be very good and a close 2nd to bcm-95. But I have no concrete evidence.

I think these two are better than c3, Longvida, theracurmin, 95% curcuminoids...and whatever else anyone else is claiming is best.

Maybe? But where is the proof? Are you even familiar with BCM-95? Black pepper doesn't work with that.

Seems to me we are far past using "tumeric powder".

Well, not everybody has the $$$, actually the powder it works better when is combined with not just black pepper but with other spices. Are you familiar with traditionally Ayurvedic use of turmeric? Yes I am familiar with BCM-95 and I am still using the powder form.

Since it is oil soluble many think this. Oil will slow down transit from the liver, we do not want this. I think a large bolus dose, fasted AM state would be best, BCM-95 being the best option.

you don't get mail where you live???

as we have more and more people buying and reordering all ill say is are you eating a big bowl of rice every day and getting no more joint pain or enhanced recovery?

while curcumin has many effects that are impossible to feel I have to think that if the effects you can feel are in your face and unquestionable one way and not present to a large degree with other methods which one would we say is "working" better?

curc is by far not all about performance enhancement but if its showing those thigns to such an extent imagine what it might be doing for the rest...

:rolleyes:

i take bioperine with all my supplements and have for several years now. may not work with all of them, but it is not expensive and seems worth the effort to me.

you don't get mail where you live???

as we have more and more people buying and reordering all ill say is are you eating a big bowl of rice every day and getting no more joint pain or enhanced recovery?

while curcumin has many effects that are impossible to feel I have to think that if the effects you can feel are in your face and unquestionable one way and not present to a large degree with other methods which one would we say is "working" better?

curc is by far not all about performance enhancement but if its showing those thigns to such an extent imagine what it might be doing for the rest...

:rolleyes:

Naw, I have an address here. The shipping here in Mexico is ridiculous though. Honestly, I haven't noticed anything from taking the 4g per day so far. That''s probably because it's not being absorbed in my system. If I take 4 grams..I'm guessing only about .5-1g is actually being used if that. If I can increase it's bioavailability by taking some black pepper with my 4g dose, I will be doing that. I will also be adding lots of black pepper or curry to a few of my meals and see where that takes me or see if I can find some bioperine down here.

Last edited:
Naw, I have an address here. The shipping here in Mexico is ridiculous though. Honestly, I haven't noticed anything from taking the 4g per day so far. That''s probably because it's not being absorbed in my system. If I take 4 grams..I'm guessing only about .5-1g is actually being used if that. If I can increase it's bioavailability by taking some black pepper with my 4g dose, I will be doing that. I will also be adding lots of black pepper or curry to a few of my meals and see where that takes me or see if I can find some bioperine down here.

I live in south America and send myself stuff all the time, I do not think Mexico's mail system is any worse then what I go through...

I was just pointing out that you see lots of people eating and taking oral curc but you do not see them getting anywhere near the same results as other methods.

Since it is oil soluble many think this. Oil will slow down transit from the liver, we do not want this. I think a large bolus dose, fasted AM state would be best, BCM-95 being the best option.

I am not here to argue, in India, turmeric has been used traditionally for thousands of years as a remedy and it was working and still working. So if you prefer BCM-95 that is OK also, I prefer the traditional use.

I am not here to argue, in India, turmeric has been used traditionally for thousands of years as a remedy and it was working and still working. So if you prefer BCM-95 that is OK also, I prefer the traditional use.

No argument :) so far, I prefer injection. On paper BCM-95 looks to be the best. I've just started so we'll see.

The only problem I see with traditional use is it starts at an early age. So the results we seek don't always happen since we've not ingested an item daily for years. Not saying this is your case BTW. But by all means do what work for you :)

Look at reservatrol. A tiny amount will pass through the liver with alcohol. So unless you've been drinking red wine daily since you could walk, oral administration is useless.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131