over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cure for acid reflux?

start with proper food combining and go from there

I remember the thread because it literally changed my life. The product you are looking for is Orange Peel Extract or more specifically the d-Limonene found in Orange Peel Extract. Yes, it can/will cure acid reflux! I suffered from severe acid reflux for over 2 years. I took prilosec and Zantec every day and would still wake up in the middle of the night in severe pain and have to take 5-6 tums tablets for the acid. After reading that thread on here and an article in "Women's Health" magazine that my wife's mother showed me about Orange Peel Extract and acid reflux, I bought a product called "Natural EsophaGuard" by Life Extension and a bottle of d-Limonene from Jarrow Formulas. That was around 6 months ago and since then I have not needed or taken prilosec, zantec, or any other anti-acid tablets. If I feel an attack coming on, I just take one d-Limonene tablet and that usually takes care of it for weeks/months. I don't remember who started that thread about Orange Peel Extract, but I can't thank that person enough.

Last edited:
I remember the thread because it literally changed my life. The product you are looking for is Orange Peel Extract or more specifically the d-Limonene found in Orange Peel Extract. Yes, it can/will cure acid reflux! I suffered from severe acid reflux for over 2 years. I took prilosec and Zantec every day and would still wake up in the middle of the night in severe pain and have to take 5-6 tums tablets for the acid. After reading that thread on here and an article in "Women's Health" magazine that my wife's mother showed me about Orange Peel Extract and acid reflux, I bought a product called "Natural EsophaGuard" by Life Extension and a bottle of d-Limonene from Jarrow Formulas. That was around 6 months ago and since then I have not needed or taken prilosec, zantec, or any other anti-acid tablets. If I feel an attack coming on, I just take one d-Limonene tablet and that usually takes care of it for weeks/months. I don't remember who started that thread about Orange Peel Extract, but I can't thank that person enough.

THANK YOU! THIS IS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT!!! :headbang:
How did you take it? Did you just take the recommended dosage of each until you finished both?

Last edited:
Aloha Mates,

Been suffering myself lately. Had 1 acupuncture treatment and was given two herbal patent formulas and have improved 75%. Dietary changes have made a greater improvement.

Mahalo's for all the info

I had it so bad years ago I had to have surgery to remove a growth from my esophagus caused by stomach acid. 1 Prevacid (Lansoprazole) a day and I am good to go. If I miss one day, I suffer for 24 hrs.

I had it so bad years ago I had to have surgery to remove a growth from my esophagus caused by stomach acid. 1 Prevacid (Lansoprazole) a day and I am good to go. If I miss one day, I suffer for 24 hrs.

same here, if i miss one day..........24 hours of suffering

I would guess that almost *no one* has had acid reflux as badly as I have. After a period of waking up every night choking on my stomach juices and burning my lungs and throat out, my esophagus actually burned away and seperated from my stomach. I drank a sip of water and the pain made me black out...and I ended up in the ospital for almost 6 weeks. Yeah, it sucked...and they tried to control the reflux with the same pills and medicines (both over the counter and prescription) that you've mentioned above.

I finally *got rid* of it on my own with the following combination of health changes:

1) Lost bodyfat.
2) Stopped eating 2 hours before bedtime.
3) No caffeine after 12 noon.
4) Entirely eliminated Tomato Sauce, chocolate, and mint from my diet.
5) No bananas on an empty stomach.
6) HUMAN SIZED portions in meals and Chew EVERYTHING until its pure paste
7) Denser pillows.

Simple stuff that I gleaned off of the 'net, and it WORKED. After suffering like crazy for years to the point of endangering myself, I havent had reflux since by following those few rules.

Great advice. I would also like to add that you can elevate the head of your bed with bricks. Also if you don't want to use a PPI, Gaviscon is the best antacid for GERD/reflux.

Awesome thread...should possibly be a sticky

THANK YOU! THIS IS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT!!! :headbang:
How did you take it? Did you just take the recommended dosage of each until you finished both?

You are welcome; I just followed the instructions on the box for the "Natural EsophaGuard". Ten capsules come in the box and you take one capsule every other day for 20 days. I bought two boxes of this product because I didn't believe one box would be enough. Happily, I was wrong. I have not used very many of the gel caps from the bottle of d-Limonene. When I do use it, I only take one gel when I feel like I might be going to have an acid reflux attack (or after eating a large Papa Johns Pizza :)).

I would also like to add that you can elevate the head of your bed with bricks.

I bought a mechanical bed like you find in hospitals in an attempt to help alleviate some of the discomfort from the acid reflux. It did help some.

Last edited:
Ok. I have had acid reflux for a good 8-9 years. I was scoped years ago and was told I have a hiatal hernia. Basically they said the sphincter on the top part of my stomach which connects to the esophagus will never close all the way. It cant close because it's bulging up through my diaphragm. Also to my understanding this is the case for almost everyone with bad acid reflux. It's really very common. How many of you guys have had a scope crammed down your throat? This is a great thread. I would like to stop taking prilosec also. I was told that the only thing that would work is surgery or medicine. If you get the surgery they tie your esophagus in a not so your stomach won't bulge up through the diaphragm anymore (no thanks). How many of you guys have been diagnosed with a hiatal hernia?

I also started to get sharp chest pain and thought I was having a heart attack. Turns out they were ulcers in my stomach. Whenever I ate anything the food would rub against the ulcers and cause a really sharp pain that shoots up through my whole chest area.

Would this orange peel extract work for someone like me?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws