advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cure/help for upper bicep tendon inflammation?

Test-o-lean

Registered
I have some pretty harsh inflammation in my upper bicep tendon on my left arm. I'm 99% sure this is what the pain is from based on some research I've done online. It's killing me on overhead presses and some/most chest movements. At the start of a workout anything overhead is so painful I can't take it. As I get into the workout, the pain gets less and less and I'm able to do some things, but it still hurts bad.

If I do some deep/hard massaging on the front head of my shoulder, I can get down in there and find the tendon and work it back and forth with my fingers or sometimes a tool of some kind. This gives some instant relief, but it's only temporary.

What can I do to get over this? I've tried laying off shoulders for a few weeks. I've tried ibuprofen everyday and it made my guts start to bleed (bleeding stopped as soon as I stopped taking it). I've tried 2-3 weeks of BPC-157. I'm taking Cissus caps. Joint pills. Is this just going to hurt for the rest of my life?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have some pretty harsh inflammation in my upper bicep tendon on my left arm. I'm 99% sure this is what the pain is from based on some research I've done online. It's killing me on overhead presses and some/most chest movements. At the start of a workout anything overhead is so painful I can't take it. As I get into the workout, the pain gets less and less and I'm able to do some things, but it still hurts bad.

If I do some deep/hard massaging on the front head of my shoulder, I can get down in there and find the tendon and work it back and forth with my fingers or sometimes a tool of some kind. This gives some instant relief, but it's only temporary.

What can I do to get over this? I've tried laying off shoulders for a few weeks. I've tried ibuprofen everyday and it made my guts start to bleed (bleeding stopped as soon as I stopped taking it). I've tried 2-3 weeks of BPC-157. I'm taking Cissus caps. Joint pills. Is this just going to hurt for the rest of my life?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to stop doing anything in the gym that hurts. Work around it or maybe take the time off.

What you're talking about when working your fingers back and forth on the tendon is called, cross friction, using a tool would be called, instrument assisted soft tissue. These two methods work in causing inflammation to a specific area to promote healing.

Unless there is constant pain or it affects you during normal daily function, do NOT take NSAIDS. That methodology applies to ice as well.

How long has it been since the pain started?

IMO, see a good chiropractor. One who specializes or has a good understanding of sports therapy. There's a lot that can be done, you just need to find out what works. Stuff the Doc can do is ultrasound, graston/instrument assisted soft tissue, cross friction, roctape, ART, etc. They'd not only look at the area of pain but surrounding structures.

This is a pretty common problem. For starters, try doing neutral grip dumbbell bench press for chest, easy way to avoid aggravating the tendon while stimulating your chest. Usually this is caused because you're not able to retract and stabilize your scapula properly. Buy a power band and start doing band pull-aparts as often as possible to strengthen those stabilizers. You might want to also look into seeing a physical therapist if nothing improves in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
The pain has been like this for 4-5 months. I've just dealt with it and hoped it would eventually get better. I've given up on that theory though and I need some relief. No, it does not really hurt during just normal daily life. Maybe a little minor pain when liftingy arm straight out or sometimes when washing my hair in the shower.

The pain has been like this for 4-5 months. I've just dealt with it and hoped it would eventually get better. I've given up on that theory though and I need some relief. No, it does not really hurt during just normal daily life. Maybe a little minor pain when liftingy arm straight out or sometimes when washing my hair in the shower.

Do you know if it's the long or short head's tendon that is inflamed?

Also, cold laser would be good w/ electro stim, NOT tens.

You gotta get someone in there. I'm 100% for chiro's. Allow them to rip your bicep heads apart, ensuring they didn't fuse from adhesion. Then they need to do some delt work, maybe even pec because the pec major inserts onto the humerus.

Go see a good chiro!! Ultrasound or laser will help! Make sure you see a good one

1 - Stop doing anything that hurts... Complete rest is ideal but avoiding painful shoulder positions is vital

2 - Massage and ice to increase blood flow and reduce inflammation

3 - Fish oil and curcumin to reduce inflammation

4 - Rotator cuff and rear delt work to stabilize shoulder joint

5 - TB500 BPC157 AND GH to promote healing

Anterior shoulder pain and rightness is often due to issues with the supraspinatus in the back of the shoulder. You are likely treating the wrong area... Good chance there is a monster trigger point on the edge of the left scapula. Any massage therapist will know exactly what I'm talking about.

I had very similar symptoms for 2 months. I decided to take more Advil and train light but the pain persisted. I ended up with a proximal tear on my long bicep tendon just picking up a 5 pound watermelon at the supermarket.

With my fairly recent experience in this area my advice to you is to see Physical Therapist who is experienced with the condition. Your tendons and muscles become tight with age and stress and start to pull away from the bone. If you’re an AAS user your tendons become brittle and frayed as well.

Have the PT loosen up your whole shoulder and arm area. Train lighter with more intensity with focus on the muscle, not the joints and tendons, and don’t do any exercise that hurts. I’ve heard good things about Prolotherapy too.

Man I wish I knew enough at the time and followed my own advice..

Your enitre shoulder is most likely tight. Probably your pecs, bis, tris and back too. This is how people degenerate there joints. If you don't balance the mechanical reason for the bicep to be stressed then it will continue and return regardless of how you calm it down. Try avoiding what aggravates for several weeks. Start stretching a lot before your workouts and also after. Don't skimp. Try massage or foam rolling the surrounding muscles as well as the sore area. Ice the area 2-3x/day. Traumeel cream or prescription NSAID creams can help too and avoid the gut. If you don't get better in a couple weeks, 3-4, then see a doc. It couldnt hurt to see a doc now either. Physical therapy is a good idea if it doesn't get better by yourself.

ART, or better yet Rolfing helps. Bpc157 helped me a lot in that area.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Take it easy and give it some rest. Don't stress it or you risk injuring it even further.
If the pain doesn't go away see a doctor. As someone wrote earlier don't do anything in gym which hurts more then usual.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear