current diet

Shelby

IFBB PRO / Double Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
TRAINING DAYS:

Meal 1: 5 whole eggs, 4 egg whites, 3 pieces Ezekiel bread toast

Meal 2: blender shake with 30g carbs from oats, 55g protein from whey/casein, and 10g fat from almond butter

Meal 3: 2/3 cup brown rice, 4oz. shrimp, 4oz. turkey breast, 1/3 cup mixed nuts

preworkout: 1 scoop Anatrop, 1 scoop waxy maize, 1 scoop whey, 1 tbsp mac. nut oil
during workout: 1 scoop Anatrop, 1 scoop TrueProtein "powdered muscle"
postworkout: 1 scoop waxy maize, 2 scoops whey

Meal 5: 8oz. grass-fed beef or salmon, 1 cup broccoli, 1 or 2 pieces Ezekiel bread toast, 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

Meal 6: 5 whole eggs

night shake: 25g casein, 50g whey, 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or macadamia nut oil

OFF DAYS:

Meal 1: 5 whole eggs, 4 egg whites, 2 pieces Ezekiel bread toast

Meal 2: blender shake- 55g protein from whey/casein, and 10g fat from almond butter

Meal 3: 1/2 cup brown rice, 4oz. shrimp, 4oz. turkey breast, 1/3 cup mixed nuts

Meal 4: same as meal 2

Meal 5: 8oz. grass-fed beef or salmon, 1 cup broccoli, 1 or 2 pieces Ezekiel bread toast, 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

Meal 6: 5 whole eggs

night shake: 25g casein, 50g whey, 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or macadamia nut oil

This is quite a bit less calories than I was taking in a month or so ago, but it's enough to make slow steady gains with,and without being too bloated or uncomfortable.

Here's a back shot from last week:

Attachments

• 9-17-10 237.0 003.jpg
    9-17-10 237.0 003.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,404
Ahhh! The secret is out. Of course you know I am going to copy and paste this. :p Looks solid Shelby.

Expecting HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE things from you next year my man.

JM

JM

Agreed.....Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge things!!!!:cool: Looking like a champ menu and back shot in the offseason:headbang::headbang:

Looking thick bro

Thanks for sharing your diet. It looks tasty. You are looking thick in your back shot as well. Whats your current weight?

Thanks guys. I have about 20 weeks left before I start dieting... let the boredom begin :p

JM

Your training is taking me to the next level - thanks John.

Thanks for sharing your diet. It looks tasty. You are looking thick in your back shot as well. Whats your current weight?

I'm in the mid 230s now. I think I was 237 that particular morning.

No greens?

I was expecting a lot more food. Looks like the Palumbo mass diet but tweaked. I guess it's all about quality not quantity now?

Any cheat meal or days?

I was expecting a lot more food. Looks like the Palumbo mass diet but tweaked. I guess it's all about quality not quantity now?

Any cheat meal or days?

Yah I was probably eating another 2,000 calories or so before... it was getting to be a pain in the ass :rolleyes:

I don't have a scheduled cheat meal right now. I'm not really into cheat meals in the offseason to be honest... I might have one every 3-4 weeks or so, if that.

Shelby- you have a lot of healthy fats in your diet...for someone that is really non-carb sensitive would you lower the amount of fats and raise the carbs, or would the whole ratio of macro nutrients change

Shelby- you have a lot of healthy fats in your diet...for someone that is really non-carb sensitive would you lower the amount of fats and raise the carbs, or would the whole ratio of macro nutrients change

I wouldn't necessarily lower the fats much but I would probably raise carbs. I might lower protein slightly too.

Looking good.........eating alot does get old.

Yah I was probably eating another 2,000 calories or so before... it was getting to be a pain in the ass :rolleyes:

was your additional 2000 mostly from carbs, or combination of all three?

with your carbs being relatively low now, will you cycle some higher carb meals or days in along the way to bump up glyc stores, or just cruise all the way until you start dieting? you have already mentioned not too many cheat days, but I am referring to more of a refeed day, like more bread, oats, rice, or simple sugars ala SKIP etc?
thanks
-C

was your additional 2000 mostly from carbs, or combination of all three?

-C

The additional calories were from fat and carbs. I haven't lowered protein much at all.

If I flatten out much, I may throw in a refeed of some sort (probably just a cheat meal).

I ran a whole week of the "off day" diet above and started flattening out - it's under 100g of carbs per day... but the training day diet is a bit above 200g, and I'm doing 4 of those per week right now.
I shouldn't flatten out too quickly with with that setup (I don't have a labor-intensive job, and I don't do any cardio in the offseason).

wish i got that many carbs :(

Look like a damn good plan..... I will have to cut and paste this for the off season!!!

Shelby,

I always appreciate what you share with the board regarding your training and diet. You don't see other trainers/competitors opening up the "books" like you do for all to see.

I'm curious though, how did you arrive at this diet? What I mean is, was this trial and error or something more guided? And what did you find didn't work on your path to get to what you posted above?

Shelby , what is the "about" amount of cals in that diet , looks good and pretty easy to follow

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws