YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Current Mr. Olympia trains like a lady, what does that teach you?

BTW, I wasn't trying to diss Phil Heath with this thread. I think he is very smart for not pushing his body like Dorian and Ronnie did.

We can learn quite a few lessons from how he, Haney and others have managed to stay at the top without major injuries.

Too many kids hurt themselves trying to emulate those crazy intensity workouts we see on youtube. You don't need to destroy your body to grow.

That was my point...

Genetics and genetic response to drugs is what matters. Training doesn't mean much.

THIS IS THE ONLY THING !!! Plenty of guys can train and suffer - but none of that makes a lick of difference when compared to GENETIC RESPONSE TO DRUGS!

real talk

here he is inclining 150's for 20+ reps AKA way stronger than anyone in this thread LMAOOOOOO

I think I just tore a pec watching him do that.

The intensity is there. Its hard to knock the guy, hes Mr O. The heavy 2 to 3 rep squats and deadlifts aren't necessary to build muscle. Dexter's a good example. He trains hard with good form using weights that are challenging in the 5-15 rep range. Oh yea dont forget top of the line genetics!

We both lift at armbrust. He makes heavy look easy. also, he's more intense after gym hours (has gym to self) where he can be loud and really dig in without attention.
Also, the ladies there are bigger than most here on "professional muscle"
video lifts are video lifts.

We both lift at armbrust. He makes heavy look easy. also, he's more intense after gym hours (has gym to self) where he can be loud and really dig in without attention.
Also, the ladies there are bigger than most here on "professional muscle"
video lifts are video lifts.
Exactly, unless you're there day in day out seeing him train then I don't think anyone can really say much about his training. How do we know how he really trains in private? A few videos on youtube or instagram with a camera rolling and him most probably fucking around isn't gonna tell us much.

These guys didn't get to 250 pounds shredded by lifting light. The strength base is there. Like someone else said you need to look at the way they actually got to where they are not just how they train now. And of course the genetics like most people say will make the most difference too. These guys are genetically strong too, they make heavy look light

Well honestly some of the biggest guys IVE ever seen im my 35 years in this game train this way.. They train heavy... But they don't push to failure much.. But they train consistent and don't miss.. Over time it all adds up..

Phil

His training is what it is better safe than sorry,a bust his ass day in day out he gets the job done,congrats 2 phil on his success,if it aint broke dont fix.it.

On most videos, unlike the one LS posted, he uses moderate weights with high reps and machines, like others have mentioned. But there's this disclaimer in the OP:

Use it as you wish.
What!? I'm starting to question if you even train. Most videos you are talking about are precontest so he's training with less intensity and more volume. It's common sense, not everything is a conspiracy....

What!? I'm starting to question if you even train. Most videos you are talking about are precontest so he's training with less intensity and more volume. It's common sense, not everything is a conspiracy....

Who the fuck is talking about conspiracies?

All I'm saying is that the guy trains smart and that you don't need to train ultra-heavy to grow.

Do you hold a grudge with me from some other thread? What's going on here with this conspiracy bullshit?

I think his genetics are just out of this world and he dosent have to train that hard. and he seems like a bare minimum kind of guy to me. really isnt like a Jay cutler who was a good face for the sport hes seems too entitled..

It's so annoying to hear some people chalk everything up to drugs... same thing happened in the Dallas thread.. drugs are part of it... Everyone is taking stuff. You think Phil is taking more than anyone else on that stage? If drugs were the reason Phil is Mr. Olympia... Boston Lloyd should prob be on the Olympia stage with him..

One critique of modern day bodybuilding is that it is all about drugs... chalking up everyone's success to drugs is only perpetuating the stereotype.

And with training.. I'd like to think I train pretty intense. But with that... I'm hurt probably 25% of the year due to nagging knee, shoulder, elbow issues.... I'm sure I'd prob see more success if I backed it down to maybe 90% intensity/volume and could train like that all year round.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131