over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Current Style of Training You Prefer:

What Is Your CurrenT Style of Training?

• DC/HIT Type of training

Votes: 337 39.7%
  • High Volume

Votes: 180 21.2%
  • Sling-shot (alternating between high and low volume)

Votes: 110 13.0%
  • High Frequency Training with moderate/low volume

Votes: 152 17.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 8.1%

• Total voters
Going between upper/lower/full body to 2 sessions of upper/lower per week

I have been doing a lot of volume training over the past months. I feel I'm spending too much time in the gym and just this past week I've switched over to a HIT/DC/MENTZER style training. Yesterday I was in and out of the gym in 50 minutes versus 2 hours with my volume training.

I've been enjoying Jordan Peters' 2 set method.

I guess I am a high volume guy. 5 days a week/45 min per workout (leg day is about 20 min longer for longer rest periods). 20 sets chest, 20 sets back, 12 sets bis, 12 sets tri's, 12-14 sets delts, 6 sets rear delts, 4-6 sets traps, 22 sets legs. Been doing this for 26 of the past 32 years. I vary the exercises and rep ranges but the volume stays the same.

dude best thing ever. That site is badass, exactly how I lift and drew up my workouts from there.

What is the 2 set method? Is his split/methods unique? Don't know anything about it.

What is the 2 set method?

I won’t divulge anything that isn’t already out there for free out of respect to Jordan and his business.

Nothing unique. It’s doing two work sets per exercise at two different rep ranges. So, if you’re doing hack squats, you would do your warm-up sets and then do a work set of 6-10, rest, then another work set of 12-16. Those are typically the rep ranges I use. Then you move on to the next exercise.

Jordan’s training is predominantly push/pull/legs. The volume of work sets is in line with how Dorian trained (’87-’92) and what Paul Delia outlined in Max-OT.

For frequency I know Jordan likes 3 on 1 off, but I prefer the structure of Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday. That allows me to hit body parts every 4-6 days. I think there’s merit in varying the rest time between sessions. Just my opinion.

I implement a two-exercise rotation as I’ve found when doing multiple exercises, you can run the risk of running out of exercises unless you have a really well-equipped gym. I’ve found beating numbers in the log book is possible doing exercises every ten days as it ends up for me.

What I like about striving for progressive overload in two different rep ranges is I’ve often found that if I’ve stalled on the heavy set, I may still progress on the back off set. Or it could be reversed; I’m progressing on the heavy, but not on the lighter set. This tells me I haven’t stalled on the exercise as a whole, but just on certain rep parameters for whatever physiological reason that may be. So I plan to stay with an exercise until I’m getting absolutely nothing from it. Exercise rotation is a key component for me, but if it’s not feasible changing rep parameters or the order in which an exercise is done can be effective as well.

He talks about doing two sets here: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4VAaBmb9FU"]What did Ronnie Coleman and Dorian Yates do? TrainedbyJP evaluates - YouTube[/ame]

I won’t divulge anything that isn’t already out there for free out of respect to Jordan and his business.

Nothing unique. It’s doing two work sets per exercise at two different rep ranges. So, if you’re doing hack squats, you would do your warm-up sets and then do a work set of 6-10, rest, then another work set of 12-16. Those are typically the rep ranges I use. Then you move on to the next exercise.

Jordan’s training is predominantly push/pull/legs. The volume of work sets is in line with how Dorian trained (’87-’92) and what Paul Delia outlined in Max-OT.

For frequency I know Jordan likes 3 on 1 off, but I prefer the structure of Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday. That allows me to hit body parts every 4-6 days. I think there’s merit in varying the rest time between sessions. Just my opinion.

I implement a two-exercise rotation as I’ve found when doing multiple exercises, you can run the risk of running out of exercises unless you have a really well-equipped gym. I’ve found beating numbers in the log book is possible doing exercises every ten days as it ends up for me.

What I like about striving for progressive overload in two different rep ranges is I’ve often found that if I’ve stalled on the heavy set, I may still progress on the back off set. Or it could be reversed; I’m progressing on the heavy, but not on the lighter set. This tells me I haven’t stalled on the exercise as a whole, but just on certain rep parameters for whatever physiological reason that may be. So I plan to stay with an exercise until I’m getting absolutely nothing from it. Exercise rotation is a key component for me, but if it’s not feasible changing rep parameters or the order in which an exercise is done can be effective as well.

He talks about doing two sets here: What did Ronnie Coleman and Dorian Yates do? TrainedbyJP evaluates - YouTube

OK thanks. Yes, I certainly did not want anyone to post anything that he was getting paid for. Generally, most every routine on earth has been posted on the internet, and as we all know there are no secrets. But, I do enjoy reading about the "out of the box" concepts such as Hernon's protocol of training the complete body everyday, 1 set until failure. I don't do it, but it is an interesting concept. I like the idea of doing something nobody else has done before, but the fact is.... push/pull/legs or 1 body part per day has been around for decades and has been the blueprint of champions. Sooo many ways to skin a cat.

xpoc, honestly I feel like its the best $8 a month I have spent in my lifting career. Theres an app too which is awesome and follow their logs and design your own workouts. He goes through a breakdown of how to structure everything. One thing he mentions which is true, with low volume you have to bring a certain type of intensity knowing you have 2 working sets for an exercise. The logbook and progressing by even just one rep or adding 5 lbs and hitting same prior reps makes everything fun. After DC/Fortitude and then coming across JP last year, this low volume style will make you kinda chuckle at all the workouts people say they do when they list 25 sets for chest in one workout.

Last edited:
Palumbo style low volume, high intensity, low frequency training. In and out in 45 minutes on chest day, ~30 on shoulders or arm day, and about an hour on legs and back. Hit a few very high RPE sets to failure or very near it in the 6-10 rep range with ultra strict form and then go home. Copious amounts of healthy dietary fats from nuts, nut butters, avocado, and beef.

Progressive overload training, high intensity, minimal rest between sets. done in less than an hour for most muscle groups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just started a 5 day split. I really respond well to focusing on one primary muscle...mixing in 4-5 excercises with different roles. i also like doing low, med, high reps depending on the excercise. i also tweak the rest period depending on the excercise too. I get a great pump, fatigue the fuck out of it, but im not overtraining...in and out in 40-60 mins. plus i get a good amount of recevery time too.

As mentioned, progressive overload and caloric intake is key.

Low volume, high intensity. 4 day split.

Can't believe I used to train 6-7 days a week :banghead:

Currently :

Tuesday: alternate between chest/shoulders/triceps
Next session back, biceps, forearms

Thursday: legs

Saturday: upper body

Sunday: legs

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge