over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cutting diet problems

marshallmadman

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Never thought it would come to this. I thought I knew everything. I need some big time help. I have come to know my metabolism, and I know that I'm extremely carb sensitive. In the past, the Anabolic Diet and the Palumbo Diet have worked for me with great success. The problem is that they are far too restrictive, and I drop out way before I reach my goals. I have made so many runs at each diet that the thought of trying either one again makes me sick to my stomach. What kind of alternative to this "fad" approach would you guys recommend?

Stats:

6' tall, 245 pounds and about 16-18 percent bodyfat. Never seen my abs in my whole life, but I know they are there. I'm 43 years old and have been training for about 25 years but have never been able to "look" like a bodybuilder, just a football player or powerlifter. I would desperately like to get down to a bodyfat level that would allow me to be able to quickly know if I'm putting on fat or not. At the percentage I am now, it's hard to use the mirror to judge progress or lack thereof.

Tbh for most guys untill they hit 10-12% none of these advanced diets should be necessary and a clean high protein diet with a slight calorie deficit should get you to 12 easy. Having said that mabey im underestimating how stubborn your body is when it comes to fat loss. If your sensitive to carbs i recommend some form of intermittent fasting, most like leangains but i love eat stop eat. Either way your insulin sensitivity will improve and insulin sensitivity is a very powerful tool when it comes to body comp. Your other option is to higher a coach, Shelby and Alex spring to mind for getting ripped but any of the boys that offer there services on pm will get the job done

The good news is once your Abbs are there its Suprisingly easy to keep them, getting there is the hard part

Another thing that springs to mind is you say them diets work great but you drop out as there too restrictive. Sound like you need to change your mindset some and accept there will be sacrifices getting there. I mean no disrespect by this comment, just that I've been where you are and know what it takes to get where you wanna be and if it's working stick to it however hard it may be. Just remind yourself once your there it gets a lot easier and there's a lot more leeway, this i promise you

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Im confused, you sig says 10.8% but you say 16-18 and you've never seen your abbs?

That's a 9 site caliper measurement a few months ago. I carry all of my bodyfat in my upper body/trunk area. For example calipers are 7mm on my thighs right now and my legs look pretty lean.

I agree with the insulin sensitivity observation. I was raised by my grandparents and they always believed in cleaning your plate and having desert with every meal, which destroys your insulin sensitivity.

Im confused, you sig says 10.8% but you say 16-18 and you've never seen your abbs?

get rid off all the processed food and do cardio when you wake up 5 days a week when you get to 10-12% hire one of the coaches here theyll get you to where you wanna be with out a doubt

Hire one of these trainers to teach you, honestly.

Everyone here can spit a cookie cutter diet, or philosophy and so can I but you need 1 on 1 guidance. It'll cost you 100-150 a month, which isn't too bad in the long run for what you'll learn.

I dropped 40 lbs of fat 2 times, doing fasted cardio in the am, followed by a workout....then eating only oatmeal after the gym for carbs, the rest of the
day i eat only meat, and vegetables....i swear by it...it works...

latley ive really fell off the wagon with my dieting. i feel like i may have developed an addiction for junk foods, i just cant seem to stay on track long enough so im actually getting a little chubby these days. i seem to just not have the motivation to diet. its that dam pizza and cake is just so dam good too. sometimes when little things get me down ill catch my self turing to food making myself think its making things better. if anybody out there has gotten really in the pit with falling off the wagon feel free to share any ideas or motivation tips cuz i need it

One of the big things about dieting is avoiding homeostasis, this is a place the dieter does not want to be.
Its important to optimize the metbolism by almost fooling it at times. More food less food, but less food more often.
Eating as much whole food each meal is important- I see guys pounding shakes because there easier than cooking chicken making up brocoli and brown rice.
The thermic effect from eating 90-100% whole food is a big time boost over 50% whole 50% liquid.
Dieting is also about finding out which particular diet works best for you as far as fat loss, keto diets ruined me -but I found a week here a week there of keto wasnt bad, in fact helped. For me carb rotation was the best diet as far as getting fat off and preserving hard earned muscle.
But for others it may suck, a good coach can help you , but ultimately help or no help its about finding your own path and what will work best for you. (sorry didnt mean to sound Zen there)

I understand what you're saying about finding my own path. The intermittent fasting is something I have instinctively tried before. I'm not a person who is hungry in the morning. I get up at 6 a.m., get to work by 6:45 and can stay away from eating until 10:00.

My biggest problem is that my appetite is out of control at night. If I train at 6 p.m., I am fine. If I just go home from work and sit around, that's when the trouble starts. An idle mind is the devils playground. Food is more of an addiction to me; a habit. It's a cycle I need to break.

We have been taught our whole lives that when lifting we need to take in sufficient nutrients for growth, but I'm starting to believe that the best strategy for me is to starve for a few months, lose some muscle, and then re-gain it when I return to a sensible eating plan.

One of the big things about dieting is avoiding homeostasis, this is a place the dieter does not want to be.
Its important to optimize the metbolism by almost fooling it at times. More food less food, but less food more often.
Eating as much whole food each meal is important- I see guys pounding shakes because there easier than cooking chicken making up brocoli and brown rice.
The thermic effect from eating 90-100% whole food is a big time boost over 50% whole 50% liquid.
Dieting is also about finding out which particular diet works best for you as far as fat loss, keto diets ruined me -but I found a week here a week there of keto wasnt bad, in fact helped. For me carb rotation was the best diet as far as getting fat off and preserving hard earned muscle.
But for others it may suck, a good coach can help you , but ultimately help or no help its about finding your own path and what will work best for you. (sorry didnt mean to sound Zen there)

^^^ just the word 'starve' makes me shivver.

Dieting is as much about eating as gaining its a different food strategy is all, I eat 8 'feedings' a day, were not talking Thanksgiving meals, but adequate protein with a specific amount of carbs and fat for that particular meal.
Its more about what you eat and when.

I try to get my carbs around more metabolically active times (when possible) i.e. post cardio, post lifting.
Usually my last two meals are protien fat and fibrous carbs (brocoli and aspargus are my favs)

You just have to lay out a blueprint and go to it, after that its about making adjustments and tweaking til its working right.
Hiring a coach will take the guesswork out of the equation.

have you had bloodwork recently. maybe you could get your thyroid checked.

I would personally just do high protein/ low carb with intermittant fasting. that has always worked the best for me.

I just finished a 12 week cutting diet. 95% of my food consisted of eggs/chicken/almonds/broccoli/sweet potatoes/olive oil. It does suck eating like that for so long, especially when everyone around you suddenly becomes a diet/nutrition expert when they see someone eating like that lol.

What I've found that works best is, have a set number days your going to put into the diet a week or 2 before you start. Personally I gave myself a month. For me, it helps mentally knowing im getting closer and closer and when they day comes.. I'm ready.

So for 12 weeks, I only had 7 days where I ate something (1 meal) out of my diet plan. And most of that happened towards the end lol. I went 8 weeks perfect diet because I had it set on the calendar hanging on my wall everyday when I woke up. I also wrote "celebrate" on the last day, and I destroyed IHOP, lol.

Heres what my results were. No 'special' diet or exercise program. You can do it bro, just get it in my mind first.

CkPqJ.jpg

U
Ever try intermittent fasting?

Confining the time in which you eat makes you slimmer

Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

I've recently started doing it and I actually think I might end up eating this way for the rest of my life.

Same hear, i do at least 1 x 24 hour weekly when bulking and even other days tend to go 13-16 hours at night.

The other in interesting thing is even on my non training days i always skipped eating early and inadvertently followed lean gains all my life. Ate absolute shite, all pies pizza and cakes, didn't do anything physical and come from a family with a lot of type 2 diabetes. Always maintained excellent insulin sensitivity my whole life, something I've been checked for because of my family history. Even with around 4-5000 calories of absolute shite and sugar daily always looked ok in a t shirt(not good but like an average 6 foot non training guy) Done my fair share of 24 hour fasts due to hangovers too. Should have looked like a biggest loser contestant honestly, my life was a train wreck. Might not be related and mabey im just geneticly programmed that way but makes you wonder.

Last edited:

Excellent post,

I getting great results on , only eating carbs(brown rice) with prewo meal
all other meals(fish & chicken) with fresh steamed green beans... plus A.M & post work out cardio.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws