advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cutting for 1 year and a half weight plateau is leading to depression! Need Advice...

NeedHelp1

Banned
Hey guys, I'm 5' 9 220lbs(carb depleted) around 10 bf% and I've been dieting and cutting for a year and half now. My weight has been stuck at 220lbs for the last 3 months(give or take a few pounds of water weight) and even doing hours of cardio everyday. The first few months I did a few cycles of dnp cruising on some test, doing regular calorie deficit, regular amount of cardio, and lifting and got down to around 240lbs from a 290lb huge fat strong powerlifter(with lots of muscle mass), nothing to extreme and than I was around 230lbs(carb depleted in January of this year).

Than the beginning of this year I started using test ranging from 500mg-1500mg and this is where my weight stayed the same, I assume because I was building muscle as well, all while keeping my estrogen pretty low with letro, because I read it would aid in getting rid of estrogen related fat. Than I upped my cardio to hours of cardio a day, I'm talking 3-4 hours, even upwards to 6 hours. Somedays I'd be in the gym 6-7 hours doing 4-5 hours of cardio and lifting for 2 hours, not everyday was like that but I have been staying persistent with with the theme of doing hours(at least 3 hours+ of cardio everyday), normally doing 2 hours of cardio every morning burning from 1500-2000 calories in those 2 hours depending on my intensity and how I felt. My main goal has been to burn up all the calories I eat everyday plus more with my calorie intake being on average 2000 cals a day.

Now the last few months I've cycled off the test, so my test levels are pretty low(so I'm sure that's not helping my weight loss). I've tried keto, low carbs, adding carbs, refeeds but it doesn't help or just takes me a few steps back and my weight on the scale barely moves and has been staying around 220lbs for the last few months.

The shittiest feeling is when people will come up to and be like "Hey big guy, man your gonna look great when you lean down!! All the girls will be over you when you get down to 200lbs!" and than I say "Haha, thanks....." and in the back of my head all I can think is I've been doing these hours of cardio and cutting for a year and half and I still feel like I got to lose more? What the hell.

Basically, in summary, I've been eating on average 2000 calories a day for the last year and doing 3-4 hours of cardio daily, plus lifting, and my weight has been staying the same for the last three months despite this.

I can't lose muscle and barely any fat, I know people are going to say I have to raise my calories but how long? I hope it's not months, I don't want to do it for weeks or months because I just want to get down to 200lbs/205lbs as quick as I can . Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
You already know the issue, you said it yourself. Too low of calories for too long. Three to four hours of cardio is way too much as well. You are killing your body, which is why you are getting no results anymore. Your body is completely in preservation/starvation mode after all that time on that work load and low caloric intake. Cut the cardio way down, hour or so a day tops, bring of the intensity of your weight training, shorter rest periods, and slowly increase the calories. What is the macro breakdown of those 2000 calories? That could potentially be an issue for you as well.

You already know the issue, you said it yourself. Too low of calories for too long. Three to four hours of cardio is way too much as well. You are killing your body, which is why you are getting no results anymore. Your body is completely in preservation/starvation mode after all that time on that work load and low caloric intake. Cut the cardio way down, hour or so a day tops, bring of the intensity of your weight training, shorter rest periods, and slowly increase the calories. What is the macro breakdown of those 2000 calories? That could potentially be an issue for you as well.

Couldn't agree more.

I would as posted above, take it easy.

You don't want to ruin your metabolism which will just put you 10 steps backwards.

Thank you for the advice, I normally eat around 100-150 carbs daily, some days less and the rest is protein and fat.

So based on that you should be somewhere around 150g carbs/250g protein/45g fat, sound about right?
Did you go lower carb because you noticed you were sensitive to them, or just because it's the norm? Just curious as it's hard to just tell you where to add calories without understanding the reasoning behind your current setup.
Definitely lower the cardio right away, drop to an hour to start then slowly walk it down in time. I am assuming you are doing 7 days a week cardio? If so, i'd try to get that down to 5. The body needs time to rest and reset.
It sounds like you've made some good progress thus far, so be proud of that! It's very easy to get caught up in the idea that "more is better" which isn't always the case as you're learning the hard way.

You have to confuse your metabolism. Your body will get use to the same compounds. Even training. Add at least a cheat meal or even two a week. With the diet your on I'm sure you look really flat. Up your water intake as well. Once you do all of this your body will kick in and most likely burn more fat and produce more muscle.

Try some t3 bro it could help het that extra bit of fat off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Try carb cycling:
3 days very low carb(50 grams)
1 day moderate carb(150 grams)
1 day higher carb(300 grams)

50 grams protein per meal.
Get good fats in but I would keep fat at 10% total calories.

Don't do high test. I would do the try blend of test prop, masteron, and tren ace. 100mg eod of each.
2-4ius hgh before fasted cardio upon waking.

Sorry, I have a hard time believing any of that. 2000 calories and 3 to 5 hours of Cardio, yea right. I never see a fat marathon runner. Then you say 2 hours of lifting on top of that. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Well I've been off test for about 2 months now and I honestly look pretty shitty sadly even though I'm 220lbs around 10%bf(228-230lbs carbed up) I had to hit rock bottom to realize the power of anabolic steroids what they do and how temporary the gains are. All the strength is basically gone, so is that extra "muscle" and nitrogen retention I had the last few years.

I basically look like how I did before I started juicing but just leaner.......

Last edited:
Well I've been off test for about 2 months now and I honestly look pretty shitty sadly even though I'm 220lbs around 10%bf(228-230lbs carbed up) I had to hit rock bottom to realize the power of anabolic steroids what they do and how temporary the gains are. All the strength is basically gone, so is that extra "muscle" and nitrogen retention I had the last few years.

I basically look like how I did before I started juicing but just leaner.......

Na that's BS. If you look shitty 2 months after being off, it's not because your test is low. I also don't quite buy that you are lifting for 2 hours and doing cardio for 3-4. What the hell are you doing for work that you have that much time?

If this is seriously what you are doing... STOP. Get back on low dose test(like 150mg a week), and eat what you want for a week.

But seriously post some pics and you can be helped better. But we need to do a top down overhaul on gear, training and diet...

I'm just so fucking pissed off I've been killing myself for a year and half and I've been stuck at the same weight for the last 3 months, today I only did a hour and half of cardio and feel like just pigging out because I'm depressed even though I just want to starve, dammit, I don't know what to do, I even tried smoking ciggerates but couldn't get into it, I would start doing meth if I knew someone around town. The only way I can lose weight is if I'm in locked up in a jail or something and be deprived of food. Last time I felt like this I snapped and started doing 4-6 hours a day but had to cut back due to constant fatigue and exhaustion and it was effecting my looks with dark circles and watery eyes and twitchy eyes.

Last edited:
You need at least 2 weeks of higher calories and no cardio then get labs done for TSH, free T4 and free T3.

A legit 220 at 5'9 and true 10% bf seems a bit too advanced to be asking a question like this with no clue how to diet or train the right way.

Are your genetics really that good? lol

I'm just so fucking pissed off I've been killing myself for a year and half and I've been stuck at the same weight for the last 3 months, today I only did a hour and half of cardio and feel like just pigging out because I'm depressed even though I just want to starve, dammit, I don't know what to do, I even tried smoking ciggerates but couldn't get into it, I would start doing meth if I knew someone around town. The only way I can lose weight is if I'm in locked up in a jail or something and be deprived of food. Last time I felt like this I snapped and started doing 4-6 hours a day but had to cut back due to constant fatigue and exhaustion and it was effecting my looks with dark circles and watery eyes and twitchy eyes.
You've been killing your self for a year and a half in this game? You know how many hours and days and years people have trained on this board? Stop bitching grow up and put in work. My guess is you never done a pct or know what trt. Another person who is going to learn the hard way. Just giving you some tough love.

You've been killing your self for a year and a half in this game? You know how many hours and days and years people have trained on this board? Stop bitching grow up and put in work. My guess is you never done a pct or know what trt. Another person who is going to learn the hard way. Just giving you some tough love.
No, I've been lifting since I was 14, I don't know anyone who's been CUTTING for a year and half and it's probably going to be 2 years till I'm done.

I think for someone like you, Meth might be your only Hope.
But be careful w- dosages,,,lol

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity