over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cutting(Which diet?)

BigMatt

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I need to lose fat, im 5feet11 213 pounds,31 years old.

I dont know my bodyfat but its high. I think i would reach 185pounds at around 10% bodyfat. I dont really think i got more than 28 pounds of fat too lose.

My goal is too be 10% Bodyfat naturally.

28 pounds of fat is alot of fat.

I was wondering between 2 diet(Keeping in mind im not on AAS).

I will start running on treadmill and keep lifting heavy like i always do.

SO, ? Low carb diet(High fat) or High Carb-low fat diet for keeping the most gains And losing bodyfat?

When your losing weight they will both work but when you do anything for a extended period of time your going to pletau so use one for a few weeks then do the other switch it up man it's not easy especially natural . Good luck I hope you the best

Typically whatever weight you think u need to loose add 10lb to that

No one knows what will work for you

Anything will work try one way for a few weeks and observe. Make changes slowly and don't over cardio from the gate

When your losing weight they will both work but when you do anything for a extended period of time your going to pletau so use one for a few weeks then do the other switch it up man it's not easy especially natural . Good luck I hope you the best

Yeah definitely not easy natural...I used to cut up for the summer when I was in my mid-twenties all natural and you just lose so much strength and muscle it's ridiculous. A lot of how you look when you take the fat off will be genetic...I'd say i used to get to probably 10%, but by that time I was weak, flat,watery probably because of low test levels due to prolonged calorie restriction, stringy looking. It definitely was not the "look" of being ripped and shredded...I had not been introduced to the dark side yet and was naive...I thought the magazine look could be achieved natural lol :banghead:

What I would do is this:

Get the total amount of calories you are eating now and restructure it to be Protein dominant as in 35-45% of your daily calories and the remainder of the calories would come from fat and carbs, however only you know how you react to fats and carbs, if fats is better do moderate fat low carbs or vice versa. Once you have your diet set up and been dieting for 2 weeks and reassess, if still loosing keep them as if if weight loss stalls take off 200 cals from carbs or fat.

As far as cardio, I wouldn't run on a treadmill I would split it between LISS on stairmaster and HIIT - 3 x LISS 2 x HIIT.

If its too much to track and adjust get a coach or someone you trust knows their shit.

Good luck

IIFYM(clean food, please don't use this as an excuse to eat poptarts lol) as long as you consume less than you burn you'll lose weight.
And throw in some HIIT sessions.

Some people may not utilize carb efficiently so you might want to gauge how much carb you could tolerate and find the right balance of your macros.

I was thinking of doing this for low carb.

-Breakfast:-1 pound of Bacon
-10 whole free range eggs
-1 cup brocolli

10:00AM: Train

-Lunch:-whole chicken
-1 cup brocolli
-1 cup of yams

-Diner:-1 pound of bacon
-500G Extra lean ground beef 95%
-1 cup brocolli
-1 cup of yams

-7:00PM: Cardio

-10:00pm:-6 whole free range eggs

???

Last edited:
I was thinking of doing this for low carb.

-Breakfast:-1 pound of Bacon
-10 whole free range eggs
-1 cup brocolli

10:00AM: Train

-Lunch:-whole chicken
-1 cup brocolli
-1 cup of yams

-Diner:-1 pound of bacon
-500G Extra lean ground beef 95%
-1 cup brocolli
-1 cup of yams

-7:00PM: Cardio

-10:00pm:-6 whole free range eggs

???

No way I do that DIET. Do yourself a favor, hire someone to teach you how to eat properly.

No way I do that DIET. Do yourself a favor, hire someone to teach you how to eat properly.

Would this be a better choice pesty?

7:30 AM

9 egg whites
2 yolks
50gr of cashew/ walnuts or almonds

11 :30 AM – Post-workout

2 scoops Whey Isolate
50gr oats
100gr blueberries

1:30 PM

250gr Tilapia and vegetables

4:30 PM

-200gr chicken and vegetables
-(sweet potatoes, brown rice)

7:00 PM

2 scoops Whey Isolate

9:00 PM

200gr Tilapia and vegetables

Would this be a better choice pesty?

7:30 AM

9 egg whites
2 yolks
50gr of cashew/ walnuts or almonds

11 :30 AM – Post-workout

2 scoops Whey Isolate
50gr oats
100gr blueberries

1:30 PM

250gr Tilapia and vegetables

4:30 PM

-200gr chicken and vegetables
-(sweet potatoes, brown rice)

7:00 PM

2 scoops Whey Isolate

9:00 PM

200gr Tilapia and vegetables

Much better. I would substitute one of the Tilapia meals for salmon. The first meal I would add some greens to that and make an omelete. If hungry at 7 PM, add an ounce of almonds. Instead of starving your self and decreasing calories, increase work load, like more cardio first.

And to add, you could eat a piece of fruit before your workout too. I enjoy eating apples. Not much calories and you will burn that off. Also, I use to run on the treadmill. You be surprised how much you will burn off fast if you run for about 30 minutes a day at 5 times a week. I am fairly lean now, but to get at that 10% range, I jump on that treadmill.

BigMatt, looking at the threads you've started, where do you get these diets? You seem to have a new diet every couple of weeks. Pick your goal, pick your diet and stick to the plan for at least 2 months and judge it yourself.

BigMatt, looking at the threads you've started, where do you get these diets? You seem to have a new diet every couple of weeks. Pick your goal, pick your diet and stick to the plan for at least 2 months and judge it yourself.

Im sorry.

I agree with Pesty. Add a piece of fruit pre workout but I also think your having too much protein here for a strong cut. If your doing this natural, you'll really need to shed the food calories. I get down to 5oz of meat (at the very end) when I'm cutting for a comp. Each time I drop an ounce of protein, I immediately notice changes. This diet still isn't ideally what you should be doing but you've been giving some tips at least. Remember cardio cardio cardio.

Much better. I would substitute one of the Tilapia meals for salmon. The first meal I would add some greens to that and make an omelete. If hungry at 7 PM, add an ounce of almonds. Instead of starving your self and decreasing calories, increase work load, like more cardio first.

Sterling advice by pesty as always. Do listen to him.

To the OP :-

remember u want to get to 10 percent naturally so u need to some fats in. guys on peds can get away ( its still not ideal for the endocrine system) eating super low fat high protein and zig zagging carbs etc but u need fats and rotate fats poly ,mono ,saturated rotate them. whole eggs or salmon as pesty said over tilapia. don't overdo as it can eat into your cals qouta ( 1 gm fat = 9 Cal's) but u need fats as natural .

and the test levels take a hit as natty if u eat super low fat , pounding cardio , calorie deficit . no escape it happens. so keep protein and DIRECT fat source in like salmon not just a super low cut of red meat ( thinking in your head " I got my fats in from this super low cut of meat, job done, as many people do"!) and rotate carbs , many many ways to rotate carbs to keep the metabolism humming and when it halts change ONE variable at a time. deep into diet multiple changes will leave u confused wondering what worked and whats not sort of thing. deeper into diet more subtle the change.

All the best mate.

Last edited:
LOL I about fell out of my seat reading that 1lb of bacon diet. Looks like you got it much better on the second try OP. I think that's a good approach. As many have stated nothing will work amazing for every person, you have to find what your body responds to and that can change as your body composition changes as well. In general overweight people usually need to cut carbs back pretty drastically, as you gain muscle mass and speed your metabolism up carbs can actually aid in your fat burning process but to a sedentary person with a slugish metabolism they are not going to help you... If you want absolute maximum efficiency in reaching your goals, hire a coach. If you want to experiment on your own, go low carb for awhile and see how it works, as you lose weight or hit a plateau start bringing in some high carb (clean) days maybe 1-2 per week. Do that for awhile and then transition to a carb cycle. Keep cycling through these diets and see what you respond to the best... Good luck.

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear