over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cy's HIT Log

Cy

Newbies
My name is Cy.
23 years old
6'1''
226.2 pounds after I wake up and piss and in boxers
Training most of my life mostly for MMA.
After high school went into the US ARMY and went from 160 to 218 pounds

I want to start bodybuilding.
Here are some pics. I really don't know how to evaluate myself so fire away. I know my legs are small. I have always squatted deep and max at around 405 but my reps are usually 2-5 which has made me stronger but not added much mass to them.

My diet will be around 5,000 cal and 350 grams protein. I don't have an issue with discipline and eating. I have a strong work ethic and I am passionate about this sport. I am just looking for a little guidance because I get conflicting advice constantly at my gym.

Training naturally right now. Very limited supplement experience. Would like to start test only @ 350 mg per week, maybe 500?

Training will be Big A's recommendation in his beginner thread

Mon - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
* Incline press - warm-up sets, 1 work set
* Flat flyes - 1 work set
* Millitary press - 1 warm-up, 1 work set
* Lateral flyes - 1 work set
* Rear delt machine - 1 work set
* Tricep pushdowns - 1 warm-up, 1 work set
* Lying tricep extensions - 1 work-set

Wed - Quads, Hams, Calves
* Squats - warm-ups, 1 work set
* Leg press - work set
* Leg extension - work set
* Leg curl - warm-up, work set
* Stiff leg deadlift - work set
* Standing calf raise - work set

Fri - Abs, Back, Bis
* Rope crunches - warm up, work set
* Lat pull down - warm-ups, work set
* Deadlift - warm-up, work set
* Bent-over rows - work set
* Shrugs - work set
* Standing BB curls - warm up, work set
* Concentration curl - work set

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Your biggest focus right now should be on your legs. They are way behind.

Nice bro!

A few things! First off, you look pretty damn good for 23, really good upper body, your lower back is very thick! You already know your weakness, so I won't even say it! Your posing needs work! And Being 6'1 that might hurt you on stage imo. Your program looks pretty solid! But I would definitely say if you have any extra cash hire Alex A to write a program that is designed for you, believe me its worth it! Last thing you should post this same post and pictures in the members photos section, you will get way more feedback. Good luck!

Your biggest focus right now should be on your legs. They are way behind.

The thing is I put way more energy into training my lower body than my upper body. I do a ton of deadlifts and squats. Not sure if they need higher reps or more volume but like I said before I was training for sport specific strength not mass. I will give this program some time and evaluate my progress then. Thanks for the post though man.

A few things! First off, you look pretty damn good for 23, really good upper body, your lower back is very thick! You already know your weakness, so I won't even say it! Your posing needs work! And Being 6'1 that might hurt you on stage imo. Your program looks pretty solid! But I would definitely say if you have any extra cash hire Alex A to write a program that is designed for you, believe me its worth it! Last thing you should post this same post and pictures in the members photos section, you will get way more feedback. Good luck!

Money is tight at the moment. I have trouble feeding myself. When my circumstances get a little better I will definitely look into it. Lower back comes from deads. Thanks for your input. I posted in members photos also.

Well I will set some goals per Alex A's recommendation.

Legs have to get a lot bigger. I plan to do the training split I outlined for a month and then decide if it is helping. At least that way I will have a baseline.

I think at my height I just need to be heavier and add more mass so I will push the calories up and put on about ten pounds. That would put me at about 235.

Any ideas on bringing legs up? Should I train them twice a week? More volume?

Legs have to get a lot bigger. I plan to do the training split I outlined for a month and then decide if it is helping. At least that way I will have a baseline.

I think at my height I just need to be heavier and add more mass so I will push the calories up and put on about ten pounds. That would put me at about 235.

Hire Alex bro, you will NOT be dissapointed.......All them Chins in the Army got you a nice back!

Well

You look great.......loads of potential! Legs are not far behind......I think you are very complete

Hire Alex bro, you will NOT be dissapointed.......All them Chins in the Army got you a nice back!

That's all I did for my back really, chins, underhand rows and deadlifts. Same for shoulders, only exercise I do is standing barbel press. I should have more money in the next two or three months.

So today I wanted to experiment with leg training.

A normal leg workout would be 6x2 olympic squats with chains added for progressive resistance. After that I would work hams. I got much stronger training my legs this way. I also do a lot of front squats. The thing is my legs were a lot bigger when I got out of the Army just from lunges and running a lot.

With my back for instance I start with heavy deads and work up to a max 5 rep set. Same with overhead presses and benching. My upper body responds great to this style of training. My lower body gets stronger with this protocol but the mass gains just are not happening. So today I tried something new. I used lighter weight and more volume and tried to force as much blood into my quads as possible.

I started with 4 sets leg extensions
Next I did 4 sets of 12 front squats with only 60 seconds rest between sets
(I had a great pump in my legs at this point which never happens doing low reps for me.)
Next was 4 sets of 12 on the leg press
4 sets walking lunges

Leg curls and stiff leg deads for hams.

Overall I liked the workout a lot. My legs never get pumped like this. I just don't know if I will get growth using less weight. When I was younger I did volume training for my upper body and it did not work very well. I will give this a shot for legs for a while though and see what happens.

Friday: 7-2-10

Weight: 226.0

Pro- 345
Carbs- 620
Fat- 124
Kcal - 4,976

* Rope crunches to failure

* Wide grip chins 1 x 22 (will add weight next week)

* Deadlift 135 x 10, 225 x 8, 315 x 5, 405 x 1. 495 x 1, 545 failed at 5 reps (have pulled 565 x 5 a while ago and gunning for 585 for 5)

* Bent-over rows 225 x 14 underhand grip. Heavier next week

* Shrugs (forgot to do them)

* Standing BB curls to failure at 8 reps

* Machine preacher curl to failure at 10 reps

I Liked the workout but went too high on reps. Just a trial run this week. Back is a strong point for me so it grows without me doing too much. As long as I do chins and pull heavy it grows. Weight is about the same but I feel nice and full from all the extra carbs I'm taking in.

Legs are sore as hell from wed so that's a good sign. I will stick to higher volume for them for the time being. If I can make my lower half grow I will be happy. I am only pulling off the floor every other week because my lower back gets thrashed with anything over 5 plates or so for reps. The other weeks I do rack pulls but only with 405 and I start from the sticking point and really squeeze everything at the top.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws